Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting (RHEL, Bash) List users and check if they have logged on during the last 2 months Post 302859791 by sea on Thursday 3rd of October 2013 09:41:41 PM
Old 10-03-2013
If you have sudo access, just place in sudo in front of the ls command, invoked in the echo line...

Sorry dont any wtmp files available..

Last edited by sea; 10-03-2013 at 11:11 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to get list of logged on users sorted

I'm trying to execute a single shell command that will give me a sorted list of all the users currently logged into the system, displaying the users name as it appears in /etc/passwd. I've tried awk -F: '{print $1}' /etc/passwd | xargs finger -s | cut -c11-28 | uniq This list whoever does... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kungfuice
7 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

logged out users

how to find out users who logged out within 5 minutes (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: roshni
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List all inactive users who has not logged on since last 90 days

Hi, Can I get a script to list out all the users, who has not logged on since last 90 days. Last command in not working due due to /var/adm/wtmpx is more than 2 GB. Thanks in advance. Regards, Roni (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: manasranjanpand
10 Replies

4. Solaris

List all inactive users who has not logged on since last 90 days

I need actuall script which List all inactive users who has not logged on since last 90 days Thanks in advance. Di! (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: haridham
17 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check users logged out

Hi, Here is the script that I have written to check if a particular user is has logged out, and if yes, then a mail needs to be sent to the management the details of whatever has been captured by the script command. echo "The current users are:" who | awk '{print $1}' | sort > temp1 cp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to do a login time and date list of users never logged on?

Hello, I'm trying to do a list of user that never connected to a couple of servers. I want to do a diff between the servers lists, and print out only the users that never has logged on each server. Here my first step : SERVER01: # finger `egrep -v -e "^\s*#" /etc/passwd | awk '{ print $1 }' |... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogol_bordello
4 Replies

7. Programming

Get the list of logged in users

How can I get the list of logged in users in the system programmatically? I can get the list with 'who' or 'users' commands but I need to get the list programmatically... May someone help, please? Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyzt
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How many users are logged in?

How do I find this out? I have a feeling its a simple command such as who, but I just don't know what it is. I've had a search on here but either I can't put it into the right search criteria or there isn't a topic on it. Thanks. EDIT: Delete this thread, as I posted it I noticed the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris_rabz
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Help: users who are not logged into the system to display

A Newbie here, I am working on a script and am having problems with the else part of the script. I can't get the users who are not logged into the system to display on the screen with their username and the text "The user is not logged in". I am sure it is something simple and stupid, but I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rchirico
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to show a list of currently logged in and logging out users?

Hi Guys! I am sure that this question might appeared previously, but I still don't know how to show a list of logged out users. Please help with this! Thanks in advance:) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saloliubliu
5 Replies
EVENTSTAT(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      EVENTSTAT(8)

NAME
eventstat - a tool to measure system events. SYNOPSIS
eventstat [-rcsv_file][-nevent_count][delay [count]] DESCRIPTION
eventstat is a program that dumps the current active system events. OPTIONS
eventstat options are as follow: -h show help -n event_count only display the first event_count number of top events. -q run quietly, only really makes sense with -r option. -r csv_file output gathered data in a comma separated values file. This can be then imported and graphed using your favourite open source spread sheet. -t threshold ignore samples where the event delta per second less than the given threshold EXAMPLES
Dump events every second until stopped. sudo eventstat Dump the top 20 events every 60 seconds until stopped. sudo eventstat -n 20 60 Dump events every 10 seconds just 5 times. sudo eventstat 10 5 SEE ALSO
powertop(8) AUTHOR
eventstat was written by Colin King <colin.king@canonical.com> This manual page was written by Colin King <colin.king@canonical.com>, for the Ubuntu project (but may be used by others). June 13, 2012 EVENTSTAT(8)