Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk - grep particular word from output Post 302859685 by Scrutinizer on Thursday 3rd of October 2013 02:14:41 PM
Old 10-03-2013
Try:
Code:
UNIX95=1 ps -p "$PID" -o pcpu,pid,ppid,stime,etime,args

-edit- OK, I see CarloM already answered this one..
This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

GREP:Output all lines containing word

Output all lines in the file temp that contain the word dog using GREP only and in one line!!! I tried grep ']dog]' temp but it doesnt catch word dog when is at beginning or end, like: Our dog is nice /this OK Nice dog /this NOT dog good /this NOT Thank... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ljubayuu
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

pipe'ing grep output to awk

This script is supposed to find out if tomcat is running or not. #!/bin/sh if netstat -a | grep `grep ${1}: /tomcat/bases | awk -F: '{print $3}'` > /dev/null then echo Tomcat for $1 running else echo Tomcat for $1 NOT running fi the /tomcat/bases is a file that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ziggy25
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to grep/awk/egrep two values for given output?

Dear Friends, I have a command which can result following output. Packet is: /var/adm/yyyy/pkt6043 Intended for network : /vob/repo I would like to retrive pkt6043 and /vob/repo using single command. Blue color test will be always contstant and red color text will be dynamic ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baluchen
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk & grep - check for a value and write sub-word

Hi people, I have a file status.txt: Following 6 ports are totally or partially unavailable: ------------------------------------------------------------ MOD LINK PORTNAMES STAT1 STAT2 STAT3 SYN TYPE ------------------------------------------------------------ 8 Pr37 ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep to isolate a text file line and Awk to select a word?

I am looking at using grep to locate the line in the text file and them use awk to select a word or words out of it. I know awk needs -v to allow a variable to be used, but also needs -F to allow the break up of the sentence and allow the location of separate variables. $line = grep "1:" File |... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ironguru
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting awk output depending on grep result

Hi, I don't script often enough to know how to do this, and I can't seem to find a right example online. I have a csv output from an old, old system (Win2K???), from which I want to extract only certain fields. Initially I came up with something like this: cat file1 | awk -F '"' '{print $8... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: takada
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting grep and awk output

Hi there. I have a very large file and I am trying to format it so that I can pull out certain pieces of data/info and report it in spreadsheet format/style. The file has ###### which will separate each line that will be listed in the spreadsheet. Whenever I find "No" at the end of a line I want... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kieranfoley
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk or grep to search one column and output the other

Hello, it would be great if someone can help me with the following: I want to search for the rows from fileA in column 1 of fileB and output column 2 of fileB if found in fileC. In the moment I search within the complete file. How can I change the code so only column 1 is searched? cat fileA... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manyaka
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep output to awk command

Hi Team(Solaris 5.8/Ksh), How can we save grep output to awk variable when grep returns more than one line or word. abc.log # more abc.log Hi Makarand How r u bye Makarand Hello when grep returns only 1 word below command works nawk -v var=`cat abc.log |grep "Hello"` 'BEGIN { if... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Makarand Dodmis
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep or awk a unique and specific word across many fields

Hi there, I have data with similar structure as this: CHR START-SNP END-SNP REF ALT PATIENT1 PATIENT2 PATIENT3 PATIENT4 chr1 69511 69511 A G homo hetero homo hetero chr2 69513 69513 T C . hetero homo hetero chr3 69814 69814 G C . . homo homo chr4 69815 69815 C A hetero . . hetero is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: daashti
10 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)