Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Fdisk reports the old size after disk resize Post 302859557 by maverick_here on Thursday 3rd of October 2013 11:45:40 AM
Old 10-03-2013
Then what about the log, it shows that the disk was resized.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Resize root disk slices

I have a Sun box running Solaris 9. My root disk was slices too small when it was installed and I am now at 99% capacity for my root partition. Is it possible, and if so how?, to increase the size of slice 0 and decrease the size of slice 7?? Thanks! Current partition table... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
6 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Resize the default window size

Hi, How can I resize the terminal window's default size in CDE (Solaris)? Regards, Sharif. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sharif
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Resize disk space

I am trying to resize my disk space to be bigger on my solaris server (Sun Fire V240) this server and other windows servers are attached to a SAN disks, the disk I want to resize is on the SAN. I have free space on the SAN disks so I added some space to the windows disks and I made some... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sofihdi
8 Replies

4. Solaris

Fdisk partitions on boot disk and disaster recovery

I'm preparing to recover a Oracle Fire X4170 server in a disaster recovery test at a different location than in prod. I have some questions about fdisk partitions. I'm using Solaris 10 update 10. On my prod server, the boot disk has 2 partitions, diagnostic and solaris. Is the diagnostic... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TKD
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

add disk redhat, fdisk -l doesn't work

i'm trying to add disk to red hat , use fdisk -l but it doesn't recognize it what should i do it to get it works? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to resize images for a specific size on server - Please help

,,,,,, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveen Pandit
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

Make a disk disappear from fdisk output

Hello, 1 ) Fdisk -l # Displays all the disk with partition table information My Query ) A ) How can i make one disk ex: /dev/sdd not visible in fdisk -l output ? B) From where fdisk -l collect and display the information ? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
8 Replies
FSADM(8)																  FSADM(8)

NAME
fsadm - utility to resize or check filesystem on a device SYNOPSIS
fsadm [options] check device fsadm [options] resize device [new_size[BKMGTEP]] DESCRIPTION
fsadm utility checks or resizes the filesystem on a device. It tries to use the same API for ext2, ext3, ext4, ReiserFS and XFS filesys- tem. OPTIONS
-e, --ext-offline Unmount ext2/ext3/ext4 filesystem before doing resize. -f, --force Bypass some sanity checks. -h, --help Display the help text. -n, --dry-run Print commands without running them. -v, --verbose Be more verbose. -y, --yes Answer "yes" at any prompts. new_size Absolute number of filesystem blocks to be in the filesystem, or an absolute size using a suffix (in powers of 1024). If new_size is not supplied, the whole device is used. DIAGNOSTICS
On successful completion, the status code is 0. A status code of 2 indicates the operation was interrupted by the user. A status code of 3 indicates the requested check operation could not be performed because the filesystem is mounted and does not support an online fsck(8). A status code of 1 is used for other failures. EXAMPLES
Resize the filesystem on logical volume /dev/vg/test to 1000 megabytes. If /dev/vg/test contains ext2/ext3/ext4 filesystem it will be unmounted prior the resize. All [y|n] questions will be answered 'y'. fsadm -e -y resize /dev/vg/test 1000M ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
TMPDIR The temporary directory name for mount points. Defaults to "/tmp". DM_DEV_DIR The device directory name. Defaults to "/dev" and must be an absolute path. SEE ALSO
lvm(8), lvresize(8), lvm.conf(5), fsck(8), tune2fs(8), resize2fs(8), reiserfstune(8), resize_reiserfs(8), xfs_info(8), xfs_growfs(8), xfs_check(8) Red Hat, Inc LVM TOOLS 2.02.105(2)-RHEL7 (2014-03-26) FSADM(8)