Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with bash array
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help with bash array Post 302859261 by jeppe83 on Wednesday 2nd of October 2013 04:14:50 PM
Old 10-02-2013
Thank you, the for loop did the trick! Why do I need the test command?

The while loop produced some strange results. It only processed half the files and gave read/write permissions for output files to root (?)

And, just curious, what is the difference between

Code:
while read a; do command $a; done

and
Code:
while read a; do command ${a}; done

?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash array

I'm trying to move files based on a certain day..my question is on array's, what's wrong with the way I'm stepping through the array? what i have gives me syntax errors..any ideas...so far I have #! /bin/bash sun_d=`cal |grep -v |awk '{printf " " $1}' ` echo "$sun_d" ls -l... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gubten
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash array problem

hi friends., i have two files yy.dat and mm.dat containing 110 elements in each if i read them into variables it is just showing only 4 elements instead of 110 elements My script is like this ################################## /bin/bash declare -a yy=(`cat yy.dat`) echo "No of values in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yagnesh
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array in Bash!

sorry I am new to the bash scripting since I was used to c shell programming. I am writting a script in bash for which I have to create an array in bash. I was able to do parse one variable through command line by doing": Lets say the below code is part of temp.bash and is called like: temp.bash... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dixits
5 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Associated Array in bash

I am using code as below to save data in associated array on Mac OS 10.8. #!/bin/sh storyboardExt=".storyboard" stringsExt=".strings" newStringsExt=".strings.new" oldStringsExt=".strings.old" localeDirExt=".lproj" baseLprojDir="Base${localeDirExt}" echo "${baseLprojDir}" # Find... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikezang
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash array manipulation

seeking assistance on comparing two arrays using bash: array1=(disk1, disk2, disk3, disk5, disk7, vol1, vol2, vol3, vol4, vol5) array2=(disk2, disk5 vol2, vol4 ) 1) if two arrays have same elements; EXIT else populate array3 & array4 with elements that are different between array1 & array2 as:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaix14
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash 3.2 - Array / Regex - IF 3rd member in array ends in 5 digits then do somthing...

Trying to do some control flow parsing based on the index postion of an array member. Here is the pseudo code I am trying to write in (preferably in pure bash) where possible. I am thinking regex with do the trick, but need a little help. pesudo code if == ENDSINFIVEINTS ]]; then do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: briandanielz
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array Issue In Bash

Hi, I have the following code which is giving error mentioned below. Please can you support on this. Also suggest how can we access all the items against single vasservicename in circlename array,i.e, vasservicename say MTSTV will be available to all circles which are mentioned in the array... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siramitsharma
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash arrays: rebin/interpolate smaller array to large array

hello, i need a bit of help on how to do this effectively in bash without a lot of extra looping or massive switch/case i have a long array of M elements and a short array of N elements, so M > N always. M is not a multiple of N. for case 1, I want to stretch N to fit M arrayHuge H = (... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: f77hack
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Array connectin to another Array

Hello, i have a script that i need account_number to match a name. for exsample : ACCOUNT_ID=(IatHG8DC7mZbdymSoOr11w KbnlG2j-KRQ0-1_Xk356s8) and i run a loop curl requst with this the issue is that i want to know on which account were talking about so bash will know this : ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: batchenr
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash for loop array

Hi there, A bit new to bash and am having an issue with a for loop. I look for filenames in a specified directory and pull the date string from each meeting a certain criteria, and then would like to make a directory for each date found, like this: search 20180101.gz 20180102.gz 20180103.gz... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mwheeler12
5 Replies
PLAYMPEG(1)						      General Commands Manual						       PLAYMPEG(1)

NAME
plaympeg - MPEG audio (MP3) and video (MPEG-1) player SYNOPSIS
plaympeg [options] file ... DESCRIPTION
plaympeg is an MPEG audio and video player that uses the SDL MPEG Player Library. It can play back MPEG audio (layer 1, 2 and 3), MPEG video (MPEG-1) and MPEG system (audio and video combined) files. MPEG-2 video files (as found on DVDs) are not supported. The video player works best on a 16 bit color depth X11 display, it works on other color depths with reduced speed as well. You'll need a CPU with 300 MHz or more to play back an MPEG system stream with 25 frames per seconds (fps) at full speed. OPTIONS
--help Show short usage information --noaudio Don't play the audio stream (if available) --novideo Don't play the video stream (if available) --fullscreen Play the MPEG video stream in fullscreen mode (this requires root privileges or a setuid plaympeg binary) -2, --double Play the MPEG video stream at double size -l, --loop Play the stream (audio or video) over and over again -v N, --volume N Set the volume of the audio stream to N% (N in the range of 0 to 100) -s S, --scale S Play the MPEG video stream at S size SEE ALSO
SMPEG home page at http://www.lokigames.com/development/smpeg.php3 AUTHOR
The SDL MPEG Player Library was written by Karl Robillard and Sam Lantinga of Loki Entertainment Software. Please report any bugs and/or fixes to smpeg@lokigames.com. This manual page was written by Stefan Gybas <sgybas@debian.org> for the Debian GNU/Linux system, but may be used elsewhere under the GPL. PLAYMPEG(1)