Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help for developing script
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help for developing script Post 302858761 by joeyg on Tuesday 1st of October 2013 10:31:30 AM
Old 10-01-2013
What have you tried?
What do you think would work?

We like to assist, but not simply provide free software solutions.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Developing a new command line interface

Hi, Is there any good/easy tool or library which assists in developing a command line interface for an application. The CLI should be able to provide custom commands, allow programming/scripting as well. For the latter case it could wrap a shell command and send it to BASH for processing. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: redirect
2 Replies

2. Programming

Developing Open Source tools

Hi Gurus, I am very much interested in developing and publishing a small piece of open source code which would be the best place to start off. I am just a beginner in unix ,c. Please provide me some suggestions. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ennstate
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can you help me regarding developing script?

Hi All, I want to develope this script. any help will be appreciated. It is possible to use two pipes and create two-way communication between two processes. (In practice, this is not done because sockets are available.) Create a program where the parent process reads the name of a language... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishalpatel03
2 Replies

4. Programming

Help required in developing an Editor.

Hi, I wish to develop a editor of my own. My idea is using 100% C programming Linked list as the Data structure GNU/Linux as the compiling environment ncurses utility for screen Many of might have wrote a editor in your college itself as a project. But I am from non IT background.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkrix
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Developing own shell

Hi everyone.I am trying ti create my own shell in C.So far i have managed to create a parser to separate args from cmd line of my shell.(i have done nothing different for tokens is that wrong?).so i can run commands like "ls -l" "cp" "cat" etc.now i want to add redirection.can anyone guide me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bashuser2
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

developing a Kernel for old old Unix?

Hello all , My father has been running the last version of unix before all the liscensing began 20 or so years ago. In his particular field his programmer has written a great deal of software to work with this version. Emulating so newer computers could speak to the unix server as well. Im sure... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bill78
6 Replies

7. AIX

Developing application software on the AIX

I am a programmer who works on an IBM i (including AS/400, iSeries, System i and Power). In developing application software on the IBMi we use languages such as RPG/ILE and CLLE. There is a need also to use PF, LF, DSPF & PRTF to represent the physical/logical database and screen/print objects.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Elias
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in developing an awk code

#!/bin/ksh set -x FILENAME=$1 #To calculate debit and credit DEBIT=`awk -F, '{value=$28 ;if(value<0) {debit+=value}} END {print debit}' $FILENAME` CREDIT=`awk -F, '{value=$28 ;if(value>0) {credit+=value}} END {print credit}' $FILENAME` #This part is not working since the debit value is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: selvankj
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with approach and developing script

Hi- I need to develop a script for following scenario in AIX and K shell environment.I am from windows server background for most my career ,so please bear with me and advise suitable approach and technical assistance.Having said that I am aware of unix shell commands but never pput together at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nirasm
1 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

Developing Applications for UNIX.COM

A number of people have asked me about the best way to develop some cool new web app for UNIX.COM. In today's "very easy web dev" world, developers do not need to be burdened (like I am) to the "back end" of the site. The best way to develop web apps is to build the application on your desktop... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies
Test::Script(3) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   Test::Script(3)

NAME
Test::Script - Basic cross-platform tests for scripts DESCRIPTION
The intent of this module is to provide a series of basic tests for 80% of the testing you will need to do for scripts in the script (or bin as is also commonly used) paths of your Perl distribution. Further, it aims to provide this functionality with perfect platform-compatibility, and in a way that is as unobtrusive as possible. That is, if the program works on a platform, then Test::Script should always work on that platform as well. Anything less than 100% is considered unacceptable. In doing so, it is hoped that Test::Script can become a module that you can safely make a dependency of all your modules, without risking that your module won't on some platform because of the dependency. Where a clash exists between wanting more functionality and maintaining platform safety, this module will err on the side of platform safety. FUNCTIONS
script_compiles script_compiles( 'script/foo.pl', 'Main script compiles' ); The "script_compiles" test calls the script with "perl -c script.pl", and checks that it returns without error. The path it should be passed is a relative unix-format script name. This will be localised when running "perl -c" and if the test fails the local name used will be shown in the diagnostic output. Note also that the test will be run with the same perl interpreter that is running the test script (and not with the default system perl). This will also be shown in the diagnostic output on failure. script_runs script_runs( 'script/foo.pl', 'Main script runs' ); The "script_runs" test executes the script with "perl script.pl" and checks that it returns success. The path it should be passed is a relative unix-format script name. This will be localised when running "perl -c" and if the test fails the local name used will be shown in the diagnostic output. The test will be run with the same perl interpreter that is running the test script (and not with the default system perl). This will also be shown in the diagnostic output on failure. SUPPORT
All bugs should be filed via the bug tracker at http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Test-Script <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Test-Script> For other issues, or commercial enhancement and support, contact the author. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> SEE ALSO
prove, <http://ali.as/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.16.2 2009-11-23 Test::Script(3)