Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Invoking Application in Shell Script Post 302858561 by ankur328 on Monday 30th of September 2013 11:15:31 PM
Old 10-01-2013
The servers have different names for each environments and the environment names are also different.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrong Shell Invoking My Script On Linux

I have a shell script that does NOT have the '#!' line at the top. It is written for ksh. The shell in my passwd entry is '/usr/bin/ksh' and my SHELL env variable is '/usr/bin/ksh'. Now, here's the issue. I invoke the script on Solaris with './myprog'. This works fine. I also run the same... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kowrip
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

invoking one shell script from other

hi, i am one day old in shell scritpting. how to invoke one shell script from the other? For eg.i have two shell scripts A.sh and B.sh. Inside A.sh i need to invoke B.sh and the return code of A.sh should be the value returned by B.sh. it would be better if you provide any sample shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajay xavier
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoking shell script from html/jsp page

I want to invoke shell script named bubesh.sh when submit button clicked on html/jsp page.I am using an apache server and the html & shell script are in the same working directory.Please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bubeshj
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoking Shell Script via php

list me commands to invoke a shell script from php once the submit button is clicked in the php page. Requirement is Once a submit button is clicked it should run a script that displays the outcome of the script in a html/php. Please help. Thanks in Advance, BubeshJ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bubeshj
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

returning to the parent shell after invoking a script within a script

Hi everybody, I have a script in which I'm invoking another script which runs in a subshell. after the script is executed I want to return to the parent shell as some variables are set. However i'm unable to return to my original shell as the script which i'm calling inside is invoked in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurukottur
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

invoking a shell script inside cgi shell script

Hi, I have an HTML form through which I get some text as input. i need to run a shell script say script.sh inside a perl-cgi script named main_cgi.sh on the form input. I want to write the contents of the form in a file and then perform some command line operations like grep, cat on the text... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smriti_shridhar
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Invoking shell script with perl command.

Hi All, I am using the following command to invoke the shell script from a perl command. perl -i.bak -pe'BEGIN { $cmd = "/opt/coreservices/tomcat-5.5.9/bin/digest.sh -a sha"; } s/(password=")(*)/ $1.`$cmd $2|cut -d: -f2|tr -d "\n"` /e ' $CATALINA_HOME/conf/tomcat-users.xml I need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nua7
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script..invoking command and exiting at fixed intervals

Hi, I need to write a shell script. Based on command line param to script say demode=yes Need to run an ant command for an hour(configurable) Then exit Again run the ant command all this needs to be in a loop. Thanks in advance Raj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajuak12
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoking one shell script from another unix box

Hello All, I have a shell script A which is in one unix box. Also i have a script B in another unix box. Now i'm struggling to find a way to invoke A shell script from B shell script. Is it possible to do this in any way..Request you anybody please help me in this point. Thanks in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: RSC1985
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem invoking shell script

whats wrong here?! ________________ #!/bin/sh # FILE: clean_dirs # GOAL : To clean up directories used in Oracle processing # LANGUAGE : shell script (sh) # PARAMETERS : Input_File # 11/07/02 acri - modified to cd into the directory so it will... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gillraj
7 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)