Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to suppress error in following command? Post 302858397 by RudiC on Monday 30th of September 2013 08:16:36 AM
Old 09-30-2013
You may want to set the OFMT (output format; default "6.2f") variable to a more suitable value.
If you try MadeInGermany's proposal, use printf, not print.

EDIT: wrong default from the top of my head. Correct: "%.6g"

Last edited by RudiC; 09-30-2013 at 03:18 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to suppress error messages in script

I am getting the following upon cat a file which is not present in directory. "cat: cannot open test1.txt" I need to process files and I want that this message should be suppressed. thx (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: helper2007
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Suppress error message in unzip

I'm creating a bsh shell to unzip a file from one directory into another. The directory that holds the zip files has zip files constantly being added to it, so I am testing it before it does the unzip and more. Right now my code looks like this: unzip -tq $ZIP_PATH/$ZIP_NAME >/dev/null if ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: skwyer
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Suppress error message in shell script

Hi All this is a simple script #! /bin/bash FileCnt=`ls -lrt $DIR/* | wc -l` echo $FileCnt how could i escape the error msg if there are no files in $DIR ls: /home/sayantan/test/files/cnt/*: No such file or directory 0 Looking forward for a quick reply Regards, Newbie... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie07
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to suppress list number from history command output

i run history command and I want to eliminate the list number. So far this perl script works as long as the list is a exact 3 character long. cat dd | perl -pe 's,\d{3},,' 70 export JAVA_HOME=. 81 export JAVA_HOME=. 82 export JAVA_HOME=`pwd` export JAVA_HOME=`pwd` ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: soemac
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to suppress dd output?

I have to stop the output of dd from writing to terminal. Here is the command: sudo dd if=boot1h of="/dev/r$temp1" Here is the output: 2+0 records in 2+0 records out 1024 bytes transferred in 0.000804 secs (1273715 bytes/sec) I have tried >> log.txt but it doesn't work. Is there... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: msf5042
4 Replies

6. HP-UX

glance adviser suppress newline in print command

Hi, I have a glance adviser, the highlights below. The problem that i have is that every time glance finds process name "abc" it write the memory region data in a new line. My question is if i have a way to print without newline? The output line for process abc looks something like this:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yochaia01
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to suppress the error while copying the file

HI , I am tryin to copying multiple files from some dir. If the files are not present. It should not throw error in the screen. HOw to do that . Please help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arukuku
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Suppress Error Message

How can I suppress a error message being given by awk command in bash shell? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prachi Gupta
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tcsh: How to suppress error messages.

Hallo, I wrote some script: 95% of the script's output consists of error messages like "mkdir: cannot create directory ‘final': File exists Exit 1" and "rm: No match. Exit 1". These messages are not harmful at all, but they make the output almost unreadable. How can I get rid of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DanielDD
5 Replies
PERLIVP(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide						PERLIVP(1)

NAME
perlivp - Perl Installation Verification Procedure SYNOPSIS
perlivp [-p] [-v] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The perlivp program is set up at Perl source code build time to test the Perl version it was built under. It can be used after running: make install (or your platform's equivalent procedure) to verify that perl and its libraries have been installed correctly. A correct installation is verified by output that looks like: ok 1 ok 2 etc. OPTIONS
-h help Prints out a brief help message. -p print preface Gives a description of each test prior to performing it. -v verbose Gives more detailed information about each test, after it has been performed. Note that any failed tests ought to print out some extra information whether or not -v is thrown. DIAGNOSTICS
o print "# Perl binary '$perlpath' does not appear executable. "; Likely to occur for a perl binary that was not properly installed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Perl version '$]' installed, expected $ivp_VERSION. "; Likely to occur for a perl that was not properly installed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Perl @INC directory '$_' does not appear to exist. "; Likely to occur for a perl library tree that was not properly installed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Needed module '$_' does not appear to be properly installed. "; One of the two modules that is used by perlivp was not present in the installation. This is a serious error since it adversely affects perlivp's ability to function. You may be able to correct this by performing a proper perl installation. o print "# Required module '$_' does not appear to be properly installed. "; An attempt to "eval "require $module"" failed, even though the list of extensions indicated that it should succeed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Unnecessary module 'bLuRfle' appears to be installed. "; This test not coming out ok could indicate that you have in fact installed a bLuRfle.pm module or that the "eval " require "$module_name.pm"; "" test may give misleading results with your installation of perl. If yours is the latter case then please let the author know. o print "# file",+($#missing == 0) ? '' : 's'," missing from installation: "; One or more files turned up missing according to a run of "ExtUtils::Installed -> validate()" over your installation. Correct by conducting a proper installation. For further information on how to conduct a proper installation consult the INSTALL file that comes with the perl source and the README file for your platform. AUTHOR
Peter Prymmer perl v5.16.3 2014-06-17 PERLIVP(1)