Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: No eol in swap file
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) No eol in swap file Post 302858395 by gale on Monday 30th of September 2013 08:09:05 AM
Old 09-30-2013
Thank you!! That worked and all is back like it should be.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Swap file

I just started working with AIX and need a little help. Is there a command to find the size of the swap file. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paule
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding EOL char is there or not in a big size file

Hi, I am using ksh. I have to find wether data file has EOL or not. as per my knowledge we can easily find by checking each character. But this is a tedious job as per my requirement because my data file size is very big . It may be in 25-30 MB. So please advice me how i can check wether... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: HariRaju
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to know whether that file has eol or noeol before opening that file in VI editor

Hi, I want to check whether file has EOL or NOEOL before opening this file in VI editor. My file is very big its in terms of 15-20 MB. I am using ksh for this. When we opened the file in vi editor, normally at last line we are able to see whether this is eol or noeol file. But i does want... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HariRaju
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Swap config - Mirror swap or not?

Hello and thanks in advance. I have a Sun box with raid 1 on the O/S disks using solaris svm. I want to unmirror my swap partition, and add the slice on the second disk as an additional swap device. This would give me twice as much swap space. I have been warned not to do this by some... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Lookup value in file and Append new value at EOL

Hi All, I am new to shell scripting but have successfully created some of my own scripts using awk and sed. However, I have come across a problem that I cannot solve on my own and have not been able to find a good example that relates to what I am trying to do. What I need is for the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kixazz2529
4 Replies

6. HP-UX

Swap device file and swap sapce

Hi I have an integrity machine rx7620 and rx8640 running hp-ux 11.31. I'm planning to fine tune the system: - I would like to know when does the memory swap space spill over to the device swap space? - And how much % of memory swap utilization should be specified (swap space device... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
6 Replies

7. Linux

How to insert EOL?

How can I insert End of line (EOL) in Unix to file. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
5 Replies

8. AIX

How to remove ^M from the EOL?

The only way I know of is manually as follows: To remove for example ^M from a file: - vi the file name that has ^M at the end of each line. - Hit <Esc> - Type :g/ - Hold the CNTRL key and press V and M then release the CNTRL key At the buttom you should see this by now: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Explain the output of swap -s and swap -l

Hi Solaris Folks :), I need to calculate the swap usage on solaris server, please let me understand the output of below swap -s and swap -l commands. $swap -s total: 1774912k bytes allocated + 240616k reserved = 2015528k used, 14542512k available $swap -l swapfile dev swaplo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: seenuvasan1985
6 Replies
DMX(3)							     Library Functions Manual							    DMX(3)

NAME
DMX - X Window System DMX (Distributed Multihead X) extension DESCRIPTION
The DMX extension provides support for communication with and control of Xdmx(1) server. Attributes of the Xdmx(1) server and of the back- end screens attached to the server can be queried and modified via this protocol. SUMMARY OF LIBRARY FUNCTIONS
The following is a summary of DMX library functions: DMXQueryExtension(3) - determine if DMX is available DMXQueryVersion(3) - determine DMX extension version DMXSync(3) - flush protocol requests between Xdmx(1) and back-end X servers DMXForceWindowCreation(3) - force immediate back-end window creation DMXGetScreenCount(3) - determine number of back-end screens DMXGetScreenAttributes(3) - determine back-end screen attributes DMXChangeScreensAttributes(3) - change back-end screen attributes DMXAddScreen(3) - attach a new back-end screen DMXRemoveScreen(3) - detach a back-end screen DMXGetWindowAttributes(3) - determine back-end window attributes DMXGetDesktopAttributes(3) - determine global bounding box DMXChangeDesktopAttributes(3) - change global bounding box DMXGetInputCount(3) - determine number of input devices DMXGetInputAttributes(3) - determine input device attributes DMXAddInput(3) - attach a new backend or console input DMXRemoveInput(3) - detach an input DMXAddBackendInput(3) - attach a new back-end input DMXAddConsoleInput(3) - attach a new console input Each of these functions is described in its own man page. SEE ALSO
Xdmx(1), xdmxconfig(1), vdltodmx(1) X Version 11 libdmx 1.1.2 DMX(3)