Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Insert field between two fields using awk or sed Post 302858205 by RudiC on Sunday 29th of September 2013 01:00:35 PM
Old 09-29-2013
You don't need two awk cmds connected through a pipe; do it in one go:
Code:
awk -F'|' -v DT=$DATETIME -v CTL=$CONTROL 'BEGIN{OFS=";"} {print DT,$1,CTL,$11,$12,$16;}' $SUCCESSFILE

This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Problem while insert null field to file

Dear All, I have the following input file. I want to replace data with null values. I/P File: 9022334455|2008-12-06 06:10:21|2|Error@@@|esoo8erp| 9024334432|2008-12-06 08:40:59|6|Error@@@|6y2o8e6r| O/P File: 9022334455||2||esoo8erp| 9024334432||6||6y2o8e6r| ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hanu_oracle
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk sed cut? to rearrange random number of fields into 3 fields

I'm working on formatting some attendance data to meet a vendors requirements to upload to their system. With some help on the forums here, I have the data close. But they've since changed what they want. The vendor wants me to submit three fields to them. Field 1 is the studentid field,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: axo959
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK : Add Fields of lines with matching field

Dear All, I would like to add values of a field, if the lines match in a certain field. Then I would like to divide the sum though the number of lines that have a matched field. This is the Input: Input: Test1 5 Test1 10 Test2 2 Test2 5 Test2 13 Test3 4 Output: Test1 7.5 Test1 7.5... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DerSeb
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to parse with awk (using different fields), then group by a field?

When parsing multiple fields in a file using AWK, how do you group by one of the fields and parse by delimiters? to clarify If a file had tom | 223-2222-4444 , randofield ivan | 123-2422-4444 , random filed ... | and , are the delimiters ... How would you group by the social security... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Josef_Stalin
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - print all fields except for last field

How do I print all the fields of a record except for the $(NF) field? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert missing field using perl,sed,awk

sample file (comma as field separators) MessageFlow,1,BusIntBatchMgr,a OOBEvent,1,BusIntBatchMgr,a TaskEvents,1,,a MTTrace,1,,a MTWarning,,1,a MessageFlow,1,Batch,a OOBEvent,1,Batch,a TaskEvents,1,,a EAISAPIdocWizard,1,BusIntMgr,a EAISAPBAPIWizard,1,BusIntMgr,a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrclm
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Print from nth field to mth fields using awk

Hi, Is there any short method to print from a particular field till another filed using awk? Example File: File1 ==== 1|2|acv|vbc|......|100|342 2|3|afg|nhj|.......|100|346 Expected output: File2 ==== acv|vbc|.....|100 afg|nhj|.....|100 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print 1st field and last 2 fields together and the rest of the fields after it using awk?

Hi experts, I need to print the first field first then last two fields should come next and then i need to print rest of the fields. Input : a1,abc,jsd,fhf,fkk,b1,b2 a2,acb,dfg,ghj,b3,c4 a3,djf,wdjg,fkg,dff,ggk,d4,d5 Expected output: a1,b1,b2,abc,jsd,fhf,fkk... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: 100bees
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert field values in a record using awk command

Hi Friends, Below is my input file with "|" (pipe) as filed delimiter: My Input File: HDR|F1|F2||||F6|F7 I want to inser values in the record for field 4 and field 5. Expected output HDR|F1|F2||F4|F5|F6|F7 I am able to append the string to the end of the record, but not in between the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ajay Venkatesan
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to add field heards to specific fields

I have tab delimited input that prints out in the format below: I am trying to add field headers to $5 and $6. Not sure if sed is the best tool but my attempt is below. Thank you :). $5 = REF $6 = ALT file ID CHR START STOP 123 1 100 200 A ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies
CTL(5)                                              CTL file format of ASIM/LIP6/CAO-VLSI lab.                                              CTL(5)

NAME
ctl - Control Temporal Logic file format. ORIGIN
This software belongs to the ALLIANCE CAD SYSTEM developed by the ASIM team at LIP6 laboratory of Universite Pierre et Marie CURIE, in Paris, France. Web : http://asim.lip6.fr/recherche/alliance/ E-mail : alliance-users@asim.lip6.fr DESCRIPTION
This document describes the CTL file format used by moka(1) for model checking of finite states machine description. This CTL file format subset is defined to enable classical CTL formulae description. A CTL file is made of two parts: a declaration part and a formulae statement part. The declaration part described types, constants, macros and all variables used in CTL formulae. It also describes assumption conditions and initial conditions that have to be applied by moka(1) during the model checking. The formulae statement part described all the CTL formulae that have to be verified. All boolean and relational VHDL operators are supported (see vbe(5)) and also the 8 CTL operators AF, AG, AX, AU, EF, EG, EX and EU. The CTL file format support also the imply boolean operator '->' and the equivalence operator '<=>'. EXAMPLE
-- user type definition TYPE A_ETAT_TYPE IS (A_E0, A_E1); TYPE B_ETAT_TYPE IS (B_E0, B_E1); -- variables definition VARIABLE A_NS, A_CS : A_ETAT_TYPE; VARIABLE B_NS, B_CS : B_ETAT_TYPE; VARIABLE ck : BIT; VARIABLE data_in : BIT; VARIABLE data_out : BIT; VARIABLE reset : BIT; VARIABLE ack : BIT; VARIABLE req : BIT; -- example of a macros definition DEFINE def1 : BOOLEAN := ack='1'; -- the assigned value can be a constant DEFINE c1 : BIT := '1'; -- the assumption condition ASSUME ass1 := (reset='0'); -- the initial reset condition -- be careful, the assumption condition is not applied -- to the initial conditions. RESET_COND init1 := (reset='1'); -- It is also possible to describe the first state -- with the INITIAL keywork, as follows: -- -- INITIAL init1 := ((A_CS=A_E0) AND (B_CS=B_E0)); -- -- formulae description statement part begin prop1 : EX( ack='1' ); prop2 : AG( req -> AF( ack ) ); prop4 : AU( req='1', ack='1'); end; SEE ALSO
moka(1) BUG REPORT
This tool is under development at the ASIM department of the LIP6 laboratory. We need your feedback to improve documentation and tools. ASIM
/LIP6 August 5, 2002 CTL(5)