Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Debian How to exit debian server terminal? Post 302858185 by Jonathan Sander on Sunday 29th of September 2013 10:09:24 AM
Old 09-29-2013
I encountered the same problem again and solved the issue by the code
Code:
#-

while having exited root terminal and before the next exit code
Code:
exit

would have placed me back into root terminal again.

I were then able to terminate the server connection. Thank you very much!

Jonathan Sander Stensvold Hol.

Last edited by Jonathan Sander; 09-29-2013 at 11:17 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH to a server and exit out

Hi, Can someone please help me in resolving this issue - I am doing SSH from a server 1 to another server 2 and executing some statements there and then automatically exit out of second server to the first where script was getting executed. Can you please help me script this code ? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajpuneyani
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clear Terminal After Exit

I have had a look around and can not find the answer, I dont think im searching for the right phrase. I have written a script to control common functions on my server, however when exiting the script the terminal starts directly below the script that was running... how can i clear this so it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: foz
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Terminal is closing on exit in ksh

hi while executing the following script, my terminal window is getting closed if I enter a invalid option. I want the script should go back the the command prompt. how to do achive it. i execute the script as . ./test #! /usr/bin/ksh Printf " Type of Installer : \n\t\t 1. Whole Build... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vij_krr
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Have to log out of a virtual terminal twice in order to exit virtual terminals

Not really a newbie, but I have a strange problem and I'm not sure how to further troubleshoot it. I have to log out of a virtual terminal by typing exit, then exit again as in: woodnt@toshiba-laptop ~ $ exit logout woodnt@toshiba-laptop ~ $ exit logout I DON'T have to do this when I'm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Narnie
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on how to exit a script run on a server from a remote server

hi, I am using the below line to run a script from remote server(say server A) to another server(say server B). ssh username@servername ksh script name. The issue is the script logs into server B, executes the script on server B, transfers the file to server A but does not exit from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yohasini
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SSH from MacOS X or PPC Debian to SUSE # Odd terminal chars # Eventual scripting

Well. I was recently given access to my work's machine via SSH. I'm pretty sure it's a SUSE machine, uname -a gives Linux machinename 2.6.16.60-0.54.5-bigsmp #1 SMP Fri Sep 4 01:28:03 UTC 2009 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux I'm not doing anything all that exciting, mostly data entry stuff. We... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: pagrus
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to exit from a server?

Hi, I am on unix serverA where i have a script called A.sh more A.sh echo "Hello" ssh user1@serverB echo "Welcome" After the ssh takes me to serverB; i execute a script on serverB called B.sh more B.sh echo " You are serverB" exit exit With the two exit statements on serverB... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script connect to remote server, not find files and exit only from remote server, but not from scrip

I have a script, which connecting to remote server and first checks, if the files are there by timestamp. If not I want the script exit without error. Below is a code TARFILE=${NAME}.tar TARGZFILE=${NAME}.tar.gz ssh ${DESTSERVNAME} 'cd /export/home/iciprod/download/let/monthly;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Terminal running bash/rsync script does not close with exit (MacOS High SIerra)

Hello, I am running a bash script to do an rsync back on a computer running MacOS High Sierra. This is the script I am using, #!/bin/bash # main backup location, trailing slash included backup_loc="/Volumes/Archive_Volume/00_macos_backup/" # generic backup function function backup {... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
12 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)