Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Fillable PDF becomes unreadable after edited with Okular Post 302857975 by cokedude on Friday 27th of September 2013 07:23:37 PM
Old 09-27-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona688
Unreadable by what?

"editable PDF" is a bit of a misnomer. PDF isn't a WYSIWYG word-document or desktop publishing format, it's a printing format, already boiled down to the point where handy things like word-wrap and such cease to exist. As such, editing them is always a bit dicey.
Everything but okular.

Sorry I used the wrong terminology. It is a fillable pdf. Something like this. Can you please fix my title?

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...jYyZgHggYfvL2Q

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j..._C8qNmN4Jatctg

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unreadable Unix File

Hi Everyone, I have a question for you all. I am working at a company and we are trying to recover .dat files which were created on an older linux box and we have a folder of .dat files that are unreadable. When you try to open them in a text editor you get jibberish all shapes and sizes and... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryangfm
19 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unreadable

Hi Guys, I have one query. Say I have one script named test.sh. My Question: There is any method by which I can make this script (test.sh) non-human readable( like Encrypt) format as well as it should be executable also(mean to say it (test.sh) should not change its behaviour). Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SanjayLinux
3 Replies

3. Red Hat

pstree unreadable characters

hi all, i executed this command "pstree" on redhat ent 4 and i got this below with unreadable chars: init─┬─acpid â”─amqzxma0─┬─amqrrmfa │ â”─amqzdmaa │ â”─amqzfuma │ â”─5* │ â”─amqzmgr0─┬─amqpcsea │ │ ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unreadable

Hi, can someone explain what does this mean and why does this happen? i had this problem last week, and Unix admin said that he has to rebuild the file system. Now i am getting this error again. aaaa% ls . unreadable :mad: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: treneryy
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - Convert html to pdf - PDF::FromHTML

Hi, I am trying to convert html to pdf using perl module PDF::FromHTML, am getting the error as given below. not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2, column 17, byte 56 at C:/Perl/lib/XML/Parser.pm line 187 at C:/Perl/site/lib/PDF/FromHTML.pm line 140 The perl code is as given... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Files unreadable in unix, help needed.

Hi, I developed a java application in Windows and transferred it to a HP-UX environment(using WinSCP) for deployment. I used "chmod 777 ..." for granting rights to the files. After I did this, whenever I go into that directory(or it's immediate parent directory) and hit "ls"......it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: agnivaccent
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

PDF Script to extract PDF Links MOD in Need

In here we have a script to extract all pdf links from a single page.. any idea's in how make this read instead of a page a list of pages.. and extract all pdf links ? #!/bin/bash # NAME: pdflinkextractor # AUTHOR: Glutanimate (http://askubuntu.com/users/81372/), 2013 #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: danielldf
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting secured pdf files to pdf using acroread

Does anybody have idea of Converting secured pdf files to pdf using acroread ? ---------- Post updated at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:44 PM ---------- This file is not password protected. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soham
4 Replies
Ns_Url(3aolserver)					   AOLserver Library Procedures 					Ns_Url(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_AbsoluteUrl, Ns_ParseUrl, Ns_RelativeUrl, Ns_SkipUrl - URL manipulation routines SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" int Ns_AbsoluteUrl(Ns_DString *pds, char *url, char *baseurl) int Ns_ParseUrl(char *url, char **pprotocol, char **phost, char **pport, char **ppath, char **ptail) char * Ns_RelativeUrl(char *url, char *location) char * Ns_SkipUrl(Ns_Request *request, int n) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Ns_AbsoluteUrl(pds, url, baseurl) Construct an URL based on baseurl but with as many parts of the incomplete url as possible. Return NS_OK or NS_ERROR. Ns_ParseUrl(url, pprotocol, phost, pport, ppath, ptail) Parse a URL into its component parts. Pointers to the protocol, host, port, path, and "tail" (last path element) will be set by ref- erence in the passed-in pointers. The passed-in url will be modified. Ns_RelativeUrl(url, location) If the url passed in is for this server, then the initial part of the URL is stripped off. e.g., on a server whose location is http://www.foo.com, Ns_RelativeUrl of "http://www.foo.com/hello" will return "/hello". Returns a pointer to the beginning of the relative url in the passed-in url, or NULL if error. Will set errno on error. Ns_SkipUrl(request, n) Return a pointer n elements into the request's url. SEE ALSO
nsd(1), info(n) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 Ns_Url(3aolserver)