Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users [SOLVED] Grep IP's from xml with name of file Post 302857799 by Peasant on Friday 27th of September 2013 09:16:42 AM
Old 09-27-2013
Yes, in awk use internal variable FILENAME
So
Code:
awk -F"[<>]" '/url/ { print FILENAME FS $3 }'

These 2 Users Gave Thanks to Peasant For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to grep multiple pattern from XML file

Hi Everyone pls if anyone can help me in writing a script or correcting it what I have done. I want to write a script to grep record number for all those record which have abc xyd cat dog in one of the field say VALUE, I have thousand of file in a dir and I want to search every file for... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: revertback
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] perl and grep: get a script to look at more then one file

hi guys i have this very messy script, that looks in /var/log/messages.all for an error and reports if it finds the key works how can i get it to look at more then one file, i.e /var/log/message.all * so it looks in old logs as well thanks exit 0 if (isRenderNode(hostname)); my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Line Break Issue for an XML file

I got an XML file(file name TABLE.xml) which the data format has line breaks(with no Spaces, no Nulls, no characters between each line), I need to write a KSH script which gives me the data in single line as format shown below My input file which have line breaks: <TABLE> <TABLE-ROW> <S_NO>... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pred55
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SOLVED] Read XML for solaris

Hello I have this script that works fine in Linux But not on sun solaris. Can some one help me with the awk syntax for solaris. Linux: awk -F $0~/DBURL/ {print $7} /tmp/test.xml---------- Post updated at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:05 AM ---------- Sorry guys i got the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepmacha
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep/Parse a .xml file

I have a .xml file similar to the following: <Column> <Name>FIELD1</Name> <Title>CO.</Title> </Column> <Column> <Name>FIELD2</Name> <EditField>TextBox</EditField> <ColumnSpan0>4</ColumnSpan0> <Title>NORMAL</Title> ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jl487
12 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GREP for a tag in XML File

I have 2 XML Data files with a tag named PARTICIPATION_TYPE and i am trying to grep for that and getting unique values. However one of the xml data file data is not aligned properly like below. File 1: (works fine when i do grep) grep "PARTICIPATION_TYPE" file1.xml | sort -u Data: ....... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] How remove leading whitespace from xml (sed /awk?)

Hi again I have an xml file and want to remove the leading white space as it causes me issues later in my script I see sed is possible but cant seem to get it to work I tried sed 's/^ *//' file.xml output <xn:VsDataContainer id="1U104799" modifier="update"> ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: aniquebmx
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep content in xml file

I have an xml file with header as below. <Provider xmlns="http://www.xyzx.gov/xyz" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.xyzx.gov/xyz xyz.xsd" SCHEMA_VERSION="2.5" PROVIDER="5"> I want to get the schema version here that is 2.5 and put in a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep some values from XML file

Dear community, I have a big XML log file containing several rows splitted by tag: <ActivityLogRecord> and </ActivityLogRecord>. An example below. What I need is read the file and extract some value from each tags and put them into one line (each line for every <ActivityLogRecord> tag). So... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep error "No such file or directory" not solved

Dear all, I run a simple command: grep -f GTEx_snps.txt chr1_r2.txt>chr1_r2_GTEx.txt and got error: "chr1_r2_GTEx.txt: No such file or directory" while "chr1_r2_GTEx.txt is an non-existent file. I google searched some solutions and tried to add -s and --no-messages option grep -s... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevertl
2 Replies
EVOLVOTRON_MUTATE(1)						    Evolvotron						      EVOLVOTRON_MUTATE(1)

NAME
evolvotron_mutate - Render an evolvotron function tree to an image. SYNOPSIS
evolvotron_mutate < function_in.xml > function_out.xml evolvotron_mutate -g > function_out.xml DESCRIPTION
evolvotron_mutate either mutates an existing image function (saved to an XML file), or (with the -g option) creates a new image function. The mutation parameters and function weightings are the same as used by evolvotron in its default reset state. See the evolvotron user manual (accessible from the evolvotron application's Help menu) for more information on image functions. COMMANDLINE OPTIONS
-g Specifies that no function should be read from standard input. The output function is created at random. EXAMPLES
evolvotron_mutate -g | tee function0.xml | evolvotron_render function0.ppm evolvtron_mutate < function0.xml > function1.xml AUTHOR
evolvotron_mutate was written by Tim Day (www.timday.com) and is released under the conditions of the GNU General Public License. See the file LICENSE supplied with the source code for details. SEE ALSO
evolvotron(1), evolvotron_render(1) www.timday.com 25 Feb 2004 EVOLVOTRON_MUTATE(1)