Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Unidentified File on /var Directory Post 302857743 by vbe on Friday 27th of September 2013 04:39:58 AM
Old 09-27-2013
How much load do you have on your box, and what consumes midaemon?

Now, the file you deleted will only release its space if it were not used... since it was growing I doubt...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Swap File in /var directory

Thank you 98_1LE.... Please help required urgently... We are getting error message in SUN... Please give solution ERROR MESSAGE: NOTICE: alloc: /var: file system full Output of command "df -k" in our system is... Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wipro fluid power
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Usage of /var/tmp/ directory on Solaris 10

Hi All, I have some threaded applications. Design of the application is such that one thread will decode some data and put it in data structure, And main thread will wait for another child threads pick up the decoded data. The data will be large decoded files. Once decoded data is picked by... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: patilmuragesh
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Lost /var/sadm/install/contents file and /var/sadm/pkg

Hello, I recently found that my /var/sadm/install/contents, ~/admin/default, /var/spool/patch and /var/spool/pkg files were empty. This broke the pkginfo, pkgchk and other package related tools. The pkgmap no longer points to where the applications have been installed. I have replaced the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronin42
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Changing of syslog file path instead of /var/log directory

Hi Please let me know how can we change the syslog file path from /var/log to /a directory in solaris Regards (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
4 Replies

5. HP-UX

[Solved] /var directory in HP-UX is showing 95%?

Hi Everyone, My var directory is showing near to 100% ? What are the files should i delete to make it less?? Kindly suggest # bdf -i Filesystem kbytes used avail %used iused ifree %iuse Mounted on /dev/vg00/lvol3 1048576 107616 933616 10% 3342 29394 10% /... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadvinder
10 Replies

6. Ubuntu

problem with /var/mail directory

Hi, There is no "administrator" file in "/var/mail" directory........ can any one tell me what could be the reason for that?...and also how to resolve that??? Thanks, ~Kavi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavi.mogu
4 Replies

7. SuSE

Suse 8 /var Directory

Hi there, I'm working on a Suse 8 based system and picked up that the crontab was missing. after some investigation i realized that the hole /var directory is missing. :mad: I would like to now if its common for this directory to go missing? Can I copy another Suse 8 /var directory to this... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: malanve
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to protect directory var/www in debian?

hi i need somme help to protect directory in debian with user and pass var/www thank's (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: azzeddine2005
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script for automatically cleaning up /var/spool/cups directory

Hi Friends, Actually in an linux server , there was printer jobs files occupying more space in /var/spool/cups so i want a script for deleting the files once in two week since i need the latest two weeks files. Thanks in advance..Waiting for the script. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohamed Thamim
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfer the logs being thrown into /var/log/messages into another file example /var/log/volumelog

I have been searching and reading about syslog. I would like to know how to Transfer the logs being thrown into /var/log/messages into another file example /var/log/volumelog. tail -f /var/log/messages dblogger: msg_to_dbrow: no logtype using missing dblogger: msg_to_dbrow_str: val ==... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
2 Replies
glutDialsFunc(3GLUT)						       GLUT						      glutDialsFunc(3GLUT)

NAME
glutDialsFunc - sets the dial & button box dials callback for the current window. SYNTAX
void glutDialsFunc(void (*func)(int dial, int value)); ARGUMENTS
func The new dials callback function. DESCRIPTION
glutDialsFunc sets the dial & button box dials callback for the current window. The dial & button box dials callback for a window is called when the window has dial & button box input focus (normally, when the mouse is in the window) and the user generates dial & button box dial changes. The dial parameter will be the dial number (starting at one). The number of available dial & button box dials can be determined with glutDeviceGet(GLUT_NUM_DIALS). The value measures the absolute rotation in degrees. Dial values do not ``roll over'' with each com- plete rotation but continue to accumulate degrees (until the int dial value overflows). Registering a dial & button box dials callback when a dial & button box device is not available is ineffectual and not an error. In this case, no dial & button box dials callbacks will be generated. Passing NULL to glutDialsFunc disables the generation of dial & button box dials callbacks. When a new window is created, no dial & button box dials callback is initially registered. SEE ALSO
glutButtonBoxFunc, glutDeviceGet AUTHOR
Mark J. Kilgard (mjk@nvidia.com) GLUT
3.7 glutDialsFunc(3GLUT)