Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell Script to filter users and create them again from a back-up server Post 302857597 by RudiC on Thursday 26th of September 2013 04:34:07 PM
Old 09-26-2013
... and even more effective were the single read
Code:
IFS=":" read X X USERID GROUPID X HOMEID SHELLID < <(grep $USER /etc/passwd)

These 2 Users Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell scripts to create 100 users

Hello i need a shell script to create 100 users i am running hp-ux......... startegy is something like this craete a shell script !/bin/ksh counter=1 while do { useradd usr$counter passwd usr$counter # here begins my problem when i say passwd usr$counter #it again prompts... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiamin
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to create users on many servers

Hi all, working on script to create a user acct on all our servers. for i in `cat $host_file`; do ssh $i /usr/bin/sudo /usr/bin/mkuser id='bpadm' gecos='NetBackup Admin' 2>&1 >> $log done error i get is: 3004-692 Error changing "id" to "bpadm" : Value is invalid. I have tried this in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dnidiffer
1 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

interactive shell script to create users 10.4

Hello everyone, Not sure if this is the right place, but OS X isn't your standard Unix, so I figured here would be best. I am looking at creating a script that will be interactive that admins can run to create users. Now, 10.4 uses netinfo database and netinfo manager to handle it's users. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tlarkin
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help to create script for added date to list users

hi my friends im asking for the possibility to creat a script in ubuntu for added date to list users for doing this : - search in debug connected user of all connected users - if a new user is connect for the first time to my server the script record the date of the connection and added it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amzioujda
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create new users in DMZ box using script

I remote to many DMZ boxes every day to run batch file that allows me to create users. I create users in 17 DMZ boxes every day which takes a lot of my time. Is there any script that would do this job from my local computer? Thank you for your help! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: idiazza
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a shell script to remove the files on solaris server at 00000hrs?

Hi folks, As per mentioned in the title, how to create a shell script to delete those files from the server at 00000hrs every day? Thanks in advance :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kimurayuki
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with script to create users from database query

#!/bin/bash user=`mysql userList -uuserlist -puserlistpassword -s -N -e "SELECT userName FROM users WHERE activated='n'"` for i in $user; do useradd "$i" -m doneThis is what I have done so far. But obviously it still does not work. I'm trying to create users based on information stored in a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bucketuk
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create users from a text file by script

Hi All, I am new to scripting, i want to create one script in which i can add users from a text file, assign them a default password like 123456. It should be like: Username= $i (it should take users from text file one by one) Password : 123456(default for every user) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prad_rocxx
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to read lines in a text file and filter user data Shell Programming and Scripting

sxsaaas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VikrantD
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to read through a file and create new users/assign them to groups in Ubuntu

Hi all. I need a shell script that can, in short, read through a text file line by line and create a new user in Ubuntu, as well as assign that user to a group. The format of the text file is not important but preferably: 'username:group'. I don't have much programming knowledge no matter shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LewisWeekly
3 Replies
XINETD.LOG(5)							File Formats Manual						     XINETD.LOG(5)

NAME
xinetd.log - xinetd service log format DESCRIPTION
A service configuration may specify various degrees of logging when attempts are made to access the service. When logging for a service is enabled, xinetd will generate one-line log entries which have the following format (all entries have a timestamp as a prefix): entry: service-id data The data depends on the entry. Possible entry types include: START generated when a server is started EXIT generated when a server exits FAIL generated when it is not possible to start a server USERID generated if the USERID log option is used. NOID generated if the USERID log option is used, and the IDONLY service flag is used, and the remote end does not identify who is trying to access the service. In the following, the information enclosed in brackets appears if the appropriate log option is used. A START entry has the format: START: service-id [pid=%d] [from=%d.%d.%d.%d] An EXIT entry has the format: EXIT: service-id [type=%d] [pid=%d] [duration=%d(sec)] type can be either status or signal. The number is either the exit status or the signal that caused process termination. A FAIL entry has the format: FAIL: service-id reason [from=%d.%d.%d.%d] Possible reasons are: fork a certain number of consecutive fork attempts failed (this number is a configurable parameter) time the time check failed address the address check failed service_limit the allowed number of server instances for this service would be exceeded process_limit a limit on the number of forked processes was specified and it would be exceeded A DATA entry has the format: DATA: service-id data The data logged depends on the service. login remote_user=%s local_user=%s tty=%s exec remote_user=%s verify=status command=%s Possible status values: ok the password was correct failed the password was incorrect baduser no such user shell remote_user=%s local_user=%s command=%s finger received string or EMPTY-LINE A USERID entry has the format: USERID: service-id text The text is the response of the identification daemon at the remote end excluding the port numbers (which are included in the response). A NOID entry has the format: NOID: service-id IP-address reason SEE ALSO
xinetd(1L), xinetd.conf(5) 28 April 1993 XINETD.LOG(5)