Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Changing the prompt in CSH
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Changing the prompt in CSH Post 302857571 by ajayram_arya on Thursday 26th of September 2013 03:04:33 PM
Old 09-26-2013
SunOS <servername> 5.10 Generic_127111-09 sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise

the above commands doesnt change to username,hostname.

After setting the path i get the same result

Code:
%B%m%b %c3 %#

---------- Post updated at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:33 PM ----------

Appreciate if someone can help me on this !!!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

current directory as part of the csh prompt

I would like my csh prompt to behave like the linux csh prompt setting done by linux command (set prompt="%n@%m %c]$ ") how do I do that? What I'm trying to do is that I would like to see what directory I'm in by looking at the prompt. I've figured out that %n is like $user, and %m is like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamesloh
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing the prompt

Phew simple question, I want to display the my directory path in prompt. Did the following in .profile PS1=`pwd` export PS! Worked, but it always points to HOME directory. When i do a cd, it doesn't change. What am i missing. Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing Prompt in sh

I know no one has ever asked this before {not :D } but I am trying to set the prompt in the .profile under sh. I have tried everything I have seen on the web in regards to this, with no success. The OS is SCO Unixware 7.1.1, {not by my choice}. All the examples I see seem to be for ksh, which is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcc5169
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Changing prompt

I currently have this as my prompt when I log in (shell is sh): PS1="`hostname ` # " My question is how do I add the current directory to that prompt? Is there a way? Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kjbaumann
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Changing the password prompt

Is there any way I can change the prompt which asks for the password on a UNIX system? e.g. When I login using Telnet instead of "Password" I should get "Correct Password". Thanks, Vineet (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vineetd
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

tcsh/csh: set prompt in production to color red

Hi folks This is our prompt at the moment oracle@pinkipinki:/opt/oracle> grep 'set prompt' .cshrc set prompt = "$user@`uname -n`:$cwd> " We wish to have in production the same prompt, but red. Howto do that? I tried a lot a internet manuals, but it doesn't work. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing the shell prompt

Hi, I want to change the shell prompt, using the cd command. I have a shell prompt like this - p78-mfx(dgaw1078/9781)$ Now i do this - p78-mfx(dgaw1078/9781)$ cd log4j here the shell prompt should change like this - p78-mfx(dgaw1078/9781)log4j$ (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumarmc
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing the file name to a different one using csh

I have a file name n10-z30-dsr65-ndelt1.00-varp0.08-16x12drw-csq-msf.ps and I want to remove the varp info tag to get n10-z30-dsr65-ndelt1.00-16x12drw-csq-msf.ps Trying to use tr, but when I tried replacing varp with ooo I am getting the results below: echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem in C shell (csh) prompt setting containing the '$' char

Hi, I am trying to customize the command prompt of the C shell as follows: set prompt=" " The above one works fine but when I try to add a '$' (dollar) symbol into the string as set prompt=" " I am getting the error as: Illegal variable name However, this one set prompt = "-- %T %n %~ --... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing script from csh to bash

Hello Guys I have a script working fine on csh, but I would like to change it to bash, how I should change this command to be able to work as bash script. :wall: if ( $fsw > "0" ) then foreach swath ( `awk 'BEGIN {for (i='$fsw';i<='$lsw';i++) printf ("%s\n", i) }'` ) ## work to be done... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
2 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)