Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Meaning
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Meaning Post 302857557 by lg123 on Thursday 26th of September 2013 02:13:42 PM
Old 09-26-2013
Meaning

Please let me know the meaning for the below statements in shell scripting.

1) exit -99
--------------------------------
2) set prgdir = `pwd`
set runFlag = runFlag:FALSE
-------------------------------------
3) if (-f $prgdir/maillst.eml) then
set distEmail = `cat $prgdir/maillst.eml`
endif
-----------------------------------
4) if (! -f $HOME/.mypw.$$ ) then
$prgdir/getpassword.sh $HOME/.mypw.$$
endif
------------------------------------------------
5) set UserId = `head -1 $HOME/.mypw.$$ | tail -1`
set PassWord = `tail -1 $HOME/.mypw.$$`
----------------------------------------------------
6) set runTmp = $<
-------------------------------
7) $myecho "lbuf: $lbuf\n dnsname: $dnsname -- srvOS: $srvOS -- sendFN: $sendFN\n
----------------------------------------
8) set putcmd = "scp -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no $sendFN $UserId"@"$dnsname":"$targetFN"
---------------------------------------------------------
9) set send_slow {10 .500}
spawn $putcmd
expect "*?assword*"
------------------------------------------------------
10) $prgdir/installCompliance.exp $dnsname $HOME/.mypw.$$ $targetFN $runFlag $ckJob $distEmail $forceEmail $TzFlag

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

what is the meaning here?

#!/bin/sh $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus -S $orauserid/$orapasswd@$oradb << _TMP alter session set nls_date_format = 'YYYYMMDD HH24:MI'; set linesize 100 set pagesize 400 ok the above is part of a script..i just wanna know what does sqlplus -S means?? as in why we need to insert the -S behind? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevercalz
2 Replies

2. AIX

meaning of ${0%${0##*/}}

. ${0%${0##*/}}Script_Name if i issue this command, it is executing the script. can any one tell what is the meaning of ${0%${0##*/}} (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nyelavarthy
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Use and meaning of $*

Can someone explain the use and meaning of "$*" expression. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sinpeak
2 Replies

4. Linux

What are the meaning of these macros..

Masters, I am trying to learn the serial mouse driver for linux kernel. On the kernel source tree I find out these macros and I am unable to find out the meaning of these macros. Please anyone help me to understand these. These macros are defined in linux/serio.h... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamjayanth
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what the meaning of #*

can some one please tell the meaning of the second statement i.e n=${m#*=} i couldnt get the meaning of the #*= 1.) m="mohit=/c/main/issue" echo $m result ----------- mohit=/c/main/issue 2.) n=${m#*=} echo $n RESULT ------- /c/main/issue (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: narang.mohit
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is the meaning of $_

Hi, Can somebody tell the usage of "$_" cd $_ ? and ls $_ ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: giri_luck
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

meaning of !*

can someone please tell what !* means in shell syntax. Regards, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: busyboy
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

^$$ meaning

Hi , Can anyone please let me know whta the follwoing piece of code for ScriptName=${0##*/} if pgrep -f "$ScriptName" | grep -v "^$$\$" ; then echo `date`": Sctipt $ScritName is already runnig" exit fi Thnx a lot in advance Please use code tags when posting data and code... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

meaning of <<!

Hi all, I wanna know the meaning of the last word "<<! " sudo su - user <<! please help on this !!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudharson
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Meaning of $1^

Hello everyone, I'm looking for the meaning of this expression, as I don't understand it quite clearly : $1^ What do you think it could be? I thought either: - match lines starting with argument 1 but it should be ^$1 - turn line around : word becomes drow Thanks in advance for your... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bibelo
4 Replies
PWD(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    PWD(1)

NAME
pwd -- return working directory name SYNOPSIS
pwd [-LP] DESCRIPTION
pwd writes the absolute pathname of the current working directory to the standard output. The following options are available: -L If the PWD environment variable is an absolute pathname that contains neither "/./" nor "/../" and references the current directory, then PWD is assumed to be the name of the current directory. -P Print the physical path to the current working directory, with symbolic links in the path resolved. The default for the pwd command is -P. pwd is usually provided as a shell builtin (which may have a different default). EXIT STATUS
The pwd utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
cd(1), csh(1), ksh(1), sh(1), getcwd(3) STANDARDS
The pwd utility is expected to be conforming to IEEE Std 1003.1 (``POSIX.1''), except that the default is -P not -L. BUGS
In csh(1) the command dirs is always faster (although it can give a different answer in the rare case that the current directory or a con- taining directory was moved after the shell descended into it). pwd -L relies on the file system having unique inode numbers. If this is not true (e.g., on FAT file systems) then pwd -L may fail to detect that PWD is incorrect. BSD
October 30, 2003 BSD