Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell Script to filter users and create them again from a back-up server Post 302857521 by MadeInGermany on Thursday 26th of September 2013 01:28:06 PM
Old 09-26-2013
Run the following UUOC killer on your script:
Code:
sed 's/\<cat \([^ ][^ ]*  *\)| *\([^{(]\)/ < \1\2/' yourscript > newscript

and see the result with
Code:
diff yourscript newscript

Smilie
This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell scripts to create 100 users

Hello i need a shell script to create 100 users i am running hp-ux......... startegy is something like this craete a shell script !/bin/ksh counter=1 while do { useradd usr$counter passwd usr$counter # here begins my problem when i say passwd usr$counter #it again prompts... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiamin
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to create users on many servers

Hi all, working on script to create a user acct on all our servers. for i in `cat $host_file`; do ssh $i /usr/bin/sudo /usr/bin/mkuser id='bpadm' gecos='NetBackup Admin' 2>&1 >> $log done error i get is: 3004-692 Error changing "id" to "bpadm" : Value is invalid. I have tried this in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dnidiffer
1 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

interactive shell script to create users 10.4

Hello everyone, Not sure if this is the right place, but OS X isn't your standard Unix, so I figured here would be best. I am looking at creating a script that will be interactive that admins can run to create users. Now, 10.4 uses netinfo database and netinfo manager to handle it's users. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tlarkin
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help to create script for added date to list users

hi my friends im asking for the possibility to creat a script in ubuntu for added date to list users for doing this : - search in debug connected user of all connected users - if a new user is connect for the first time to my server the script record the date of the connection and added it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amzioujda
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create new users in DMZ box using script

I remote to many DMZ boxes every day to run batch file that allows me to create users. I create users in 17 DMZ boxes every day which takes a lot of my time. Is there any script that would do this job from my local computer? Thank you for your help! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: idiazza
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a shell script to remove the files on solaris server at 00000hrs?

Hi folks, As per mentioned in the title, how to create a shell script to delete those files from the server at 00000hrs every day? Thanks in advance :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kimurayuki
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with script to create users from database query

#!/bin/bash user=`mysql userList -uuserlist -puserlistpassword -s -N -e "SELECT userName FROM users WHERE activated='n'"` for i in $user; do useradd "$i" -m doneThis is what I have done so far. But obviously it still does not work. I'm trying to create users based on information stored in a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bucketuk
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create users from a text file by script

Hi All, I am new to scripting, i want to create one script in which i can add users from a text file, assign them a default password like 123456. It should be like: Username= $i (it should take users from text file one by one) Password : 123456(default for every user) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prad_rocxx
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to read lines in a text file and filter user data Shell Programming and Scripting

sxsaaas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VikrantD
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to read through a file and create new users/assign them to groups in Ubuntu

Hi all. I need a shell script that can, in short, read through a text file line by line and create a new user in Ubuntu, as well as assign that user to a group. The format of the text file is not important but preferably: 'username:group'. I don't have much programming knowledge no matter shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LewisWeekly
3 Replies
INSTALLSIEVE(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   INSTALLSIEVE(1)

NAME
installsieve - user utility for managing sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
installsieve DESCRIPTION
installsieve is a utility that allows users to manage their sieve scripts kept on the server. OPTIONS
-v <name> View script with the given name. The script if retrieved sucessfully is output to standard output. -l List all of the scripts currently on the server. If one of the scripts is active a arrow is printed indicating that it is the active script. -p <port> Port to connect to. If left off this defaults to "sieve" as defined in /etc/services. -i <file> Install a file onto the server. If a script with the same name already exists on the server it is overwritten. Upon sucessfully putting the script on the server the script is set active. If <file> has the extension .script it is chopped when put on the server since sieve names may not contain a '.'. -a <name> Set <name> as the active script. The list of available names can be obtained from the '-l' option.. -d <name> Delete the sieve script on the server with <name>. -m <mechanism> Force installsieve to use <mechanism> for authentication. If not specified the strongest authentication mechanism is chosen. -g <name> Get the sieve script with <name> and save it to disk with a ".script" extension. If a file with that name already exists it is overwritten. -u <user> Userid/Authname to use for authentication; by default, the current user. CMU
Project Cyrus INSTALLSIEVE(1)