Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Which hammer do I use?
Operating Systems Solaris Which hammer do I use? Post 302857493 by blackrageous on Thursday 26th of September 2013 12:31:04 PM
Old 09-26-2013
Perhaps a .forward file will work for you that points to a script. I usually will create a specific email account for this purpose and in .forward have this

| /usr/local/bin/foobar.sh

And in foobar.sh have something like

Code:
while read a
do 
ifSubject=`echo ${a} | grep "Subject: ...."`
if ! [[ -z {ifSubject} ]] 
then
  insert magic here
fi
done

this can also be done by using /etc/aliases and not a .forward file
Some admins disable the use of .forward files so you need to insure you can use one if use .forward instead of /etc/aliases.

Email::Outlook::Message(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      Email::Outlook::Message(3pm)

NAME
Email::Outlook::Message.pm - Read Outlook .msg files SYNOPSIS
use Email::Outlook::Message; my $msg = new Email::Outlook::Message $filename, $verbose; my $mime = $msg->to_email_mime; $mime->as_string; DESCRIPTION
Parses .msg message files as produced by Microsoft Outlook. METHODS
new($msg, $verbose) Parse the file pointed at by $msg. Set $verbose to a true value to print information about skipped parts of the .msg file on STDERR. to_email_mime Output result as an Email::MIME object. BUGS
Not all data that is in the .msg file is converted. There are some parts whose meaning escapes me, although more documentation on MIME properties is available these days. Other parts do not make sense outside of Outlook and Exchange. GPG signed mail is not processed correctly. Neither are attachments of type 'appledoublefile'. It would be nice if we could write .MSG files too, but that will require quite a big rewrite. AUTHOR
Matijs van Zuijlen, "matijs@matijs.net" COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2002, 2004, 2006--2010, 2012 by Matijs van Zuijlen This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-16 Email::Outlook::Message(3pm)