Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Question on Veritas file system.. Post 302857477 by samnyc on Thursday 26th of September 2013 12:05:41 PM
Old 09-26-2013
Question on Veritas file system..

Hi,

I am on Solaris 10 server which is running Veritas. It's E420 server with two drives. I don't know much about Veritas. The other guy who works on this, on vacation this week. :-) Any way, looks like I have hard drive issue on the server.

Code:

When I do iostat -E. I see this. 

sd0       Soft Errors: 0 Hard Errors: 0 Transport Errors: 0
Vendor: FUJITSU  Product: MAP3367N SUN36G  Revision: 0301 Serial No: 0308N005ER
Size: 36.42GB <36418595328 bytes>
Media Error: 0 Device Not Ready: 0 No Device: 0 Recoverable: 0
Illegal Request: 0 Predictive Failure Analysis: 0
sd2       Soft Errors: 1494 Hard Errors: 1 Transport Errors: 0
Vendor: FUJITSU  Product: MAP3367N SUN36G  Revision: 0301 Serial No: 0308N005D8
Size: 36.42GB <36418595328 bytes>
Media Error: 1 Device Not Ready: 0 No Device: 0 Recoverable: 1494
Illegal Request: 0 Predictive Failure Analysis: 0
sd8       Soft Errors: 3 Hard Errors: 0 Transport Errors: 0
Vendor: TOSHIBA  Product: XM6201TASUN32XCD Revision: 1103 Serial No:
Size: 0.00GB <0 bytes>
Media Error: 0 Device Not Ready: 0 No Device: 0 Recoverable: 0
Illegal Request: 3 Predictive Failure Analysis: 0

Code:
root} df -h
Filesystem             size   used  avail capacity  Mounted on
/dev/vx/dsk/bootdg/rootvol
                       992M   210M   723M    23%    /
/devices                 0K     0K     0K     0%    /devices
ctfs                     0K     0K     0K     0%    /system/contract
proc                     0K     0K     0K     0%    /proc
mnttab                   0K     0K     0K     0%    /etc/mnttab
swap                   4.2G   1.2M   4.2G     1%    /etc/svc/volatile
objfs                    0K     0K     0K     0%    /system/object
/dev/vx/dsk/bootdg/usr
                       5.8G   3.9G   1.8G    69%    /usr
fd                       0K     0K     0K     0%    /dev/fd
/dev/vx/dsk/bootdg/var
                       3.9G   3.4G   478M    89%    /var
swap                   4.2G   2.5M   4.2G     1%    /tmp
swap                   4.2G    80K   4.2G     1%    /var/run
swap                   4.2G     0K   4.2G     0%    /dev/vx/dmp
swap                   4.2G     0K   4.2G     0%    /dev/vx/rdmp
/dev/vx/dsk/bootdg/opt
                       4.9G   583M   4.3G    12%    /opt
/dev/vx/dsk/rootdg/ilxD
                        12G  1001M    10G     9%    /ilxD

How do I know if the drives are mirrored or not?

If I need to change the drive, is it simple as pull the bad drive and replace with the new drive or is there more to this? Please help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Veritas File System

Hello All. I have a question concerning VFS (Veritas File System). I are attempting to upgrade Solaris 2.6 UFS to the VFS (Veritas File System). We use Veritas to perform all our backups. I have been unable to find any documentation on SUN's or Veritas's website. The server's are SUN 4500 and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: KaEH
3 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

veritas vcs \ file system docs req.

hi if anyone has docs (corporate internals on how to setup vcs mfor example, especially with Veritas VM, pleas let me know..i need exposure experience in this area of Enterprise Administration thanks jasmine (SCSA & MCSE) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jasmine_uk
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question about this veritas command

vxdg -g mktdg adddisk mktdg02=c0b0t3d0 i know this command adds c0b0t3d0 to the disk group mktdg but what i dont know is what the significance of mktdg02 is. i mean, what is it? what does it stand for?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Veritas Question

Can someone tell me what command it is to list the disk in a specified disk group. I dont want to see disks in all groups, just the disk in a specified group. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
2 Replies

5. Solaris

swap space in veritas file system

hi every one , i know how to add swap space in ufs file system. but i m facing problem in veritas file system . i wants to know how will i create swap or add new swap space in existing swap space . Note: disk under veritas volume manager control . please help me to solve this issue . (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: samy123
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Veritas Storage Question

How do you get the total size of the LUNS currently online on a Solaris 10 server running Symantec Storage Foundation? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soupbone38
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Why Veritas is not used for root file system.

Dear All, In our environment we use SDS (Solaris Vlume Manager) for root file system.So, I am wondering why Veritas is not use for the same. root@abc # df -kh Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d10 30G 22G 6.9G 77% / /devices ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reboot
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Veritas mirroring question

Hi all, I'm fairly new to Veritas on Linux machines and have a disk group with 64 disks that we are migrating to 64 new disks. This means I'll be mirroring the old to the new. So my question is this - is there a way to mirror a specific volume to a range of disks as opposed to listing each disk by... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Big_D
0 Replies

9. Solaris

restore dump from veritas format using ufs file system

hi all i have a DLT tape in that tape backup is there is in veritas volume format and i want to restore it in ufs file system how can i do it? right now i don't have veritas file system setup. i have only ufs file sysytem please help some production data is to be restore. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil kasar
3 Replies

10. Solaris

how to restore backup from veritas vm in ufs file system

Hi all I have a DLT tape in that tape backup is there is in veritas volume format and i want to restore it in ufs file system how can i do it? right now i don't have veritas file system setup. i have only ufs file sysytem please help some production data is to be restore. backup was taken... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil kasar
0 Replies
vxmemstat(1M)															     vxmemstat(1M)

NAME
vxmemstat - display memory statistics for Veritas Volume Manager SYNOPSIS
vxmemstat [-e] [-i interval [-t count]] DESCRIPTION
The vxmemstat utility prints memory statistics information. This information can be system-wide, or it can be specific to a Veritas Volume Replicator object. OPTIONS
-e Prints extended memory statistics. -i interval Prints memory statistics every interval seconds. -t count Prints the local system time every count intervals. The time interval is specified using the -i interval option. OUTPUT FORMAT
The statistics are prefaced by a timestamp showing the current local time on the system. Statistics are printed as a one-line output record for each memory pool. The records are preceded by two header lines. The output line consists of blank-separated fields. All numeric fields are in units of kilobytes. The following fields are displayed on each line: Pool Name of the memory pool. Memory consumers allocate memory from different pools for different purposes. DG Name of the disk group in which the RVG is present. Min Size Minimum amount of memory always reserved for use by consumers of the pool. As consumers require more memory, additional memory is allocated to the pool for distribution to them. Max Size Maximum amount of memory that can be allocated to the pool. This is equal to the value assigned to the maximum pool size system tunable that corresponds to the pool. In Use Amount of memory (out of that allocated) currently being used by consumers of the memory pool. Allocated Amount of memory currently allocated to the memory pool. The amount of memory allocated to a pool ranges between the minimum and the maximum pool size. The amount of allocated memory increases as more memory is needed and decreases as it is relinquished. Max Used Maximum amount of memory used by consumers from this pool since system startup. This field is not shown if the -e option is specified. Max Pool Used Maximum amount of memory used by consumers from this pool at any time since the last reboot. The value shows the maximum usage even if usage by the pool has varied over this time period. This field is shown if the -e option is specified. Waiting Indicates if any I/O is waiting to allocate memory from this pool. This usually indicates that the corresponding tunable for the maximum size of this pool needs to be increased. This field is not shown if the -e option is specified. Waiters The number of requests that are waiting to allocate memory from this pool. This field is shown if the -e option is specified. EXIT CODES
The vxmemstat utility exits with a non-zero status if the attempted operation fails. A non-zero exit code is not a complete indicator of the problems encountered, but rather denotes the first condition that prevented further execution of the utility. See vxintro(1M) for a list of standard exit codes. EXAMPLES
To display statistics every 5 seconds and time stamp the output every alternate interval, use the command: vxmemstat -i 5 -t 2 SEE ALSO
vxintro(1M), vxstat(1M) VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxmemstat(1M)