Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers List processes that are running on other hosts Post 302857423 by bitlord on Thursday 26th of September 2013 10:06:02 AM
Old 09-26-2013
You need to find out what the process name is for the application. For example Linuxshield a Antivirus program uses the peroccess name nail.
Code:
ps -ef|grep nail

What is the name of the program you are using? I or someone else may know what the process name is.

You may want to check the systems disks and see if there getting full.
Code:
ssh user@server df -h

I hope this helps

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

About running processes in background

Hi, I need to establish a procedure that will start an application in background each time my remote Solaris server is (re)started. This would be a kind of daemon. I am no sysadmin expert, so I am looking for pointers. How should I proceed? What are the main steps? Thanks, JVerstry (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: JVerstry
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change .bashrc on a list of hosts

Hi, My scripting skills are somewhat basic... I need a way to log into a list of hostname/IPs as a user, su to root and then create/append root's .bashrc Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jag7720
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to know the running processes.

Hi can anybody help me regarding this.. i want know the output of ps -ef with explanation. how can we know the running processess. this is the output of ps -elf F S UID PID PPID C PRI NI ADDR SZ WCHAN STIME TTY TIME CMD 19 T root 0 0 0 0 SY ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajesh_pola
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What are these different tty processes(tty1,tty2..) running as root mentioned n the list below.

Hi, I need your help to understand about different processes(tty1,tty2,tty3...) running as root as shown below .What exactly these processes do? root@bisu-desktop:~# ps -eaf | grep -e tty -e UID UID PID PPID C STIME TTY TIME CMD root 761 1 0 10:30 tty5 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: crazybisu
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a script on multiple remote hosts at once

I have a script on about 15 hosts that I need to run for each host whenever I want (not crontab). Problem is, this script takes 5-10 mins to run for each host. Is there a way I can run the script in parallel for all the hosts instead of 1 at a time? Also, I'm remotely running the script on the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrskittles99
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script on a list of hosts

SERVICE NOTIFICATION: SOC;invoice-skysmart-01.net;monthly_process_check;CRITICAL;notify-by-email;CRITICAL: (0) instance(s) of (monthly-processor6) running on host (less than 1) SERVICE NOTIFICATION: SOC;invoice-02.skysmart.net;JAVA_PROCESS_CHECK;CRITICAL;notify-by-email;CRITICAL: (0) instance(s)... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Running processes on GZ/LZ

Hi guys just a question is it normal to see running process on a non-global zone in the global zone... processes such as cron. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: batas
3 Replies

8. Linux

Running processes

Hi guys is it normal to have 5-10 cron/syslog processes running... in my case i got 10 cron process running. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: batas
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Get list of running network processes

Hello All I am trying to get a list of process or applications runninging on the network only. I should emphasize that im not interested in the application or process if its not using the network. I tried the good old netstat comand, but im not able to figure out how to list the running... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: busi386
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check Running Processes

I want to check how many processes are running with same names and get their respective counts. ps -ef|grep -Eo 'process1|process2|process3| '|sort -u | awk '{print $2": "$1}' Output would look like : $ ps -ef|grep -Eo 'process1|process2|process3| '|sort | uniq -c | awk '{print $2":... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpltyansh
8 Replies
PARALLEL-NUKE(1)														  PARALLEL-NUKE(1)

NAME
parallel-nuke - kill a bunch of processes on a set of machines SYNOPSIS
parallel-nuke [OPTIONS] -h hosts.txt pattern DESCRIPTION
pssh provides a number of commands for executing against a group of computers, using SSH. It's most useful for operating on clusters of homogenously-configured hosts. The parallel-nuke command is useful when you want to kill a bunch of processes on a set of machines. OPTIONS
-h --hosts hosts file (each line "host[:port] [user]") -l --user username (OPTIONAL) -p --par max number of parallel threads (OPTIONAL) -o --outdir output directory for stdout files (OPTIONAL) -e --errdir output directory for stderr files (OPTIONAL) -t --timeout timeout (secs) (-1 = no timeout) per host (OPTIONAL) -O --options SSH options (OPTIONAL) -v --verbose turn on warning and diagnostic messages (OPTIONAL) EXAMPLE
For example, suppose you've got a bunch of java processes running on three nodes that you'd like to nuke (let's use the three machines from the pssh example). Here you would do the following: # parallel-nuke -h ips.txt -l irb2 java Success on 128.112.152.122:22 Success on 18.31.0.190:22 Success on 128.232.103.201:22 ENVIRONMENT
All four programs take similar sets of options. All of these options can be set using the following environment variables: o PSSH_HOSTS o PSSH_USER o PSSH_PAR o PSSH_OUTDIR o PSSH_VERBOSE o PSSH_OPTIONS SEE ALSO
parallel-ssh(1), parallel-scp(1), parallel-slurp(1), parallel-rsync(1), ssh(1) AUTHOR
Brent N. Chun <bnc@theether.org> COPYING
Copyright: 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 Brent N. Chun NOTES
1. bnc@theether.org mailto:bnc@theether.org 03/30/2009 PARALLEL-NUKE(1)