Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Vulnerability with ssh in OpenSSH in an RHEL installation Post 302857351 by rbatte1 on Thursday 26th of September 2013 06:11:02 AM
Old 09-26-2013
If you are registered with RH and have yum available & configured for getting updates, then it might be prudent to update all your RPMs to current levels. You would be advised to apply the updates to a test server that is based on production first to see if there are any functional issues with the changes.
Code:
yum update all

It will take a while and will probably need a boot to complete.

Don't do this during on-line services or batch/backup windows.

Robin
Liverpool/Blackburn
UK
This User Gave Thanks to rbatte1 For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris 9, ssh and openssh

I set the RETRIES and DISABLETIME in /etc/default/login on 2 systems: - 1 Solaris 9 system running Sun SSH - 1 Solaris 9 system running Openssh 5.2 P1 I expected that after n failed logins, the login process will hang for n seconds. It does when the attempted login is done at the console... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jabentay
8 Replies

2. Red Hat

cannot ssh (use NFS) on RHEL box, but can mount external & ssh out of RHEL box

Ok, Im trying to get NFS working on my RHEL 5 box, apparently i can use the box as a client, but not as a server. If it helps i cant ssh into the box (server), but as a client ssh works fine. Ive configured server: /etc/hosts.allow: all : all all :all@all setup my /etc/exports file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: drs.grid
4 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

seteuid access denied - openSSH installation

Hi, I have installed openssh in one of my windows servers following SUA community guidelines. I can successfully install and generate RSA DSA keys. But I cannot SSH to server from my Solaris machine. Below is the output from ssh -v <server>. Also I tried to SSH from the K-shell to localhost... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkk
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Openssh installation instruction ?

Hi , Currently the machine is running with Sun_ssh. I would like to move to Open_ssh. I went through google. Each link shows different directions/ways to install openssh. I am not sure which one to proceed with . Installing OpenSSH Packages - SPARC and Intel x86/Solaris 9 and 10 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: frintocf
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

RHEL 3 and OpenSSH question..

Hey Folks, I currently have several RHEL 3 machines. All of them are running OpenSSH_3.6.1p2, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0 I have a vulnerability issue and need to update OpenSSH to the newest version supported by RHEL 3. The question is: What would that version would be? This is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 300zxmuro
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Installing OPENSSH 6.2P2 on RHEL 4, 64B failed

make: Leaving directory `/u01/openssh-6.2p2/openbsd-compat' gcc -g -O2 -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wuninitialized -Wsign-compare -Wformat-security -fno-strict-aliasing -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fno-builtin-memset -std=gnu99 -I. -I. -DSSHDIR=\"/usr/local/etc\" - D_PATH_SSH_PROGRAM=\"/usr/local/bin/ssh\"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scao
0 Replies
yum(8)																	    yum(8)

NAME
yum - Yellowdog Updater Modified shell SYNOPSIS
yum shell [filename] DESCRIPTION
yum includes an interactive shell for conducting multiple commands or sets of commands during a single execution of yum. These commands can be issued manually or passed to yum from a file. The commands are much the same as the normal yum command line options. See here yum(8) for that information. There are a few additional commands documented below. config [argument] [value] args: debuglevel, errorlevel, obsoletes, gpgcheck, assumeyes, exclude If no value is given it prints the current value. If value is given it sets that value. repo [argument] [option] list: lists repositories and their status enable: enable repositories. option = repository id disable: disable repositories. option = repository id transaction [argument] list: lists the contents of the transaction reset: reset (zero-out) the transaction solve: run the dependency solver on the transaction run: run the transaction Examples The following are examples of using the yum shell. list available packagename* groupinfo 'Some Group' install foo remove bar update baz run That will list available packages matching the glob 'packagename*'. It will return information on the group 'Some Group' It will then queue the following commands into the transaction: install foo, remove bar, update baz. Then the 'run' command will resolve dependencies for the transaction commands and run the transaction. SEE ALSO
yum (8) http://yum.baseurl.org/ AUTHORS
See the Authors file included with this program. BUGS
There of course aren't any bugs, but if you find any, they should be sent to the mailing list: yum@lists.baseurl.org or filed in bugzilla. Seth Vidal yum(8)