Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Vulnerability with ssh in OpenSSH in an RHEL installation Post 302857325 by hergp on Thursday 26th of September 2013 05:34:40 AM
Old 09-26-2013
This bug is fixed in RHEL since 2008 (https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2008-0855.html). I guess, this system was not updated much. Smilie

If the system is registered with RHN, then just update ssh (which might pull in a whole bunch of other updates).

The site you are referring to contains source patches. They are only useful, if you compile ssh from scratch.
This User Gave Thanks to hergp For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris 9, ssh and openssh

I set the RETRIES and DISABLETIME in /etc/default/login on 2 systems: - 1 Solaris 9 system running Sun SSH - 1 Solaris 9 system running Openssh 5.2 P1 I expected that after n failed logins, the login process will hang for n seconds. It does when the attempted login is done at the console... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jabentay
8 Replies

2. Red Hat

cannot ssh (use NFS) on RHEL box, but can mount external & ssh out of RHEL box

Ok, Im trying to get NFS working on my RHEL 5 box, apparently i can use the box as a client, but not as a server. If it helps i cant ssh into the box (server), but as a client ssh works fine. Ive configured server: /etc/hosts.allow: all : all all :all@all setup my /etc/exports file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: drs.grid
4 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

seteuid access denied - openSSH installation

Hi, I have installed openssh in one of my windows servers following SUA community guidelines. I can successfully install and generate RSA DSA keys. But I cannot SSH to server from my Solaris machine. Below is the output from ssh -v <server>. Also I tried to SSH from the K-shell to localhost... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkk
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Openssh installation instruction ?

Hi , Currently the machine is running with Sun_ssh. I would like to move to Open_ssh. I went through google. Each link shows different directions/ways to install openssh. I am not sure which one to proceed with . Installing OpenSSH Packages - SPARC and Intel x86/Solaris 9 and 10 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: frintocf
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

RHEL 3 and OpenSSH question..

Hey Folks, I currently have several RHEL 3 machines. All of them are running OpenSSH_3.6.1p2, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0 I have a vulnerability issue and need to update OpenSSH to the newest version supported by RHEL 3. The question is: What would that version would be? This is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 300zxmuro
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Installing OPENSSH 6.2P2 on RHEL 4, 64B failed

make: Leaving directory `/u01/openssh-6.2p2/openbsd-compat' gcc -g -O2 -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wuninitialized -Wsign-compare -Wformat-security -fno-strict-aliasing -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fno-builtin-memset -std=gnu99 -I. -I. -DSSHDIR=\"/usr/local/etc\" - D_PATH_SSH_PROGRAM=\"/usr/local/bin/ssh\"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scao
0 Replies
SSH-ARGV0(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					      SSH-ARGV0(1)

NAME
ssh-argv0 -- replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling SYNOPSIS
hostname | user@hostname [-l login_name] [command] hostname | user@hostname [-afgknqstvxACNTX1246] [-b bind_address] [-c cipher_spec] [-e escape_char] [-i identity_file] [-l login_name] [-m mac_spec] [-o option] [-p port] [-F configfile] [-L port:host:hostport] [-R port:host:hostport] [-D port] [command] DESCRIPTION
ssh-argv0 replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling. If you link to this script with a hostname then executing the link is equivalent to having executed ssh with that hostname as an argument. All other arguments are passed to ssh and will be processed normally. OPTIONS
See ssh(1). FILES
See ssh(1). AUTHORS
OpenSSH is a derivative of the original and free ssh 1.2.12 release by Tatu Ylonen. Aaron Campbell, Bob Beck, Markus Friedl, Niels Provos, Theo de Raadt and Dug Song removed many bugs, re-added newer features and created OpenSSH. Markus Friedl contributed the support for SSH protocol versions 1.5 and 2.0. Jonathan Amery wrote this ssh-argv0 script and the associated documentation. SEE ALSO
ssh(1) Debian Project September 7, 2001 Debian Project