Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers List processes that are running on other hosts Post 302857217 by RudiC on Wednesday 25th of September 2013 04:16:23 PM
Old 09-25-2013
You can't unless you a) login b) have a remote mgmt tool.
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

About running processes in background

Hi, I need to establish a procedure that will start an application in background each time my remote Solaris server is (re)started. This would be a kind of daemon. I am no sysadmin expert, so I am looking for pointers. How should I proceed? What are the main steps? Thanks, JVerstry (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: JVerstry
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change .bashrc on a list of hosts

Hi, My scripting skills are somewhat basic... I need a way to log into a list of hostname/IPs as a user, su to root and then create/append root's .bashrc Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jag7720
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to know the running processes.

Hi can anybody help me regarding this.. i want know the output of ps -ef with explanation. how can we know the running processess. this is the output of ps -elf F S UID PID PPID C PRI NI ADDR SZ WCHAN STIME TTY TIME CMD 19 T root 0 0 0 0 SY ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajesh_pola
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What are these different tty processes(tty1,tty2..) running as root mentioned n the list below.

Hi, I need your help to understand about different processes(tty1,tty2,tty3...) running as root as shown below .What exactly these processes do? root@bisu-desktop:~# ps -eaf | grep -e tty -e UID UID PID PPID C STIME TTY TIME CMD root 761 1 0 10:30 tty5 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: crazybisu
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a script on multiple remote hosts at once

I have a script on about 15 hosts that I need to run for each host whenever I want (not crontab). Problem is, this script takes 5-10 mins to run for each host. Is there a way I can run the script in parallel for all the hosts instead of 1 at a time? Also, I'm remotely running the script on the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrskittles99
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script on a list of hosts

SERVICE NOTIFICATION: SOC;invoice-skysmart-01.net;monthly_process_check;CRITICAL;notify-by-email;CRITICAL: (0) instance(s) of (monthly-processor6) running on host (less than 1) SERVICE NOTIFICATION: SOC;invoice-02.skysmart.net;JAVA_PROCESS_CHECK;CRITICAL;notify-by-email;CRITICAL: (0) instance(s)... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Running processes on GZ/LZ

Hi guys just a question is it normal to see running process on a non-global zone in the global zone... processes such as cron. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: batas
3 Replies

8. Linux

Running processes

Hi guys is it normal to have 5-10 cron/syslog processes running... in my case i got 10 cron process running. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: batas
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Get list of running network processes

Hello All I am trying to get a list of process or applications runninging on the network only. I should emphasize that im not interested in the application or process if its not using the network. I tried the good old netstat comand, but im not able to figure out how to list the running... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: busi386
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check Running Processes

I want to check how many processes are running with same names and get their respective counts. ps -ef|grep -Eo 'process1|process2|process3| '|sort -u | awk '{print $2": "$1}' Output would look like : $ ps -ef|grep -Eo 'process1|process2|process3| '|sort | uniq -c | awk '{print $2":... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpltyansh
8 Replies
statd(1M)																 statd(1M)

NAME
statd, rpc.statd - network status monitor SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
is an RPC server. It interacts with to provide the crash and recovery functions for the locking services on NFS (see lockd(1M)). keeps track of the clients with processes which hold locks on a server. When the server reboots after a crash, sends a message to the on each client indicating that the server has rebooted. The client processes then informs the on the client that the server has rebooted. The client then attempts to reclaim the lock(s) from the server. on the client host also informs the on the server(s) holding locks for the client when the client has rebooted. In this case, the on the server informs its that all locks held by the rebooting client should be released, allowing other processes to lock those files. Options recognizes the following options and command-line arguments: This is an obsolete option. All messages and errors are logged to WARNINGS
The crash of a server is only detected upon its recovery. FILES
lists hosts and network addresses to be contacted after a reboot lists hosts and network addresses that could not be contacted after last reboot includes a number which changes during a reboot AUTHOR
was developed by Sun Microsystems, Inc. SEE ALSO
lockd(1M), fcntl(2), lockf(2), signal(2), sm(4). statd(1M)