Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Third party cron service
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Third party cron service Post 302856969 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 25th of September 2013 07:14:31 AM
Old 09-25-2013
Yes. They are called batch schedulers. AppWorx from UC4 is one of many. This is expensive.

Open source: see:

Batch Runner
JobScheduler | Free software downloads at SourceForge.net

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

root cron was override w/ 3rd party software

Hi Guys, I'm new in Unix Environment. Any Unix Guru around...I need help. My question is, is it possible that the root cron could be override with 3rd party software?How can it happen. Another thing, how the cron job works?, I mean how the Unix process the cron job , I don't have an idea... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kupal
2 Replies

2. Linux

Why service (start|stop) can not be called from cron?

Hi, When I googled, I came to know that I can not call the command "service <service-name> start" from cron, insted I have to specify path to the service-name. I wanted to know the reason. Thanks, Hansini (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hansini
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to get hung jobs in cron service.

Hi I want to have a list of hung jobs in crontab . e.g The below output gives a list of hung jobs including the running one. " USER1] ps -ef | grep 22345 root 22345 1 0 Nov 10 ? 0:09 /usr/sbin/cron user2 1061 22345 0 Nov 11 ? 0:00 sh -c /u01/user2s/b7111/movecsv.ksh oracle 20456 29535... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdul bari
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Not able to start cron service in Solaris 10

Hi, This is Solaris-10 x86. I am not able to start cron service, configured in FMRI. It is in maintenance and when I clear it, it seems like calling and failing on /etc/init.d/tcs-rtm script. I am not able to figure out, why cron is calling that script, if this failure is because of that. Cron... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ron323232
5 Replies
ocfs2_hb_ctl(8) 						OCFS2 Manual Pages						   ocfs2_hb_ctl(8)

NAME
ocfs2_hb_ctl - Starts and stops the OCFS2 heartbeat on a given device. SYNOPSIS
ocfs2_hb_ctl -S -d device service ocfs2_hb_ctl -S -u uuid service ocfs2_hb_ctl -K -d device service ocfs2_hb_ctl -K -u uuid service ocfs2_hb_ctl -I -d device ocfs2_hb_ctl -I -u uuid ocfs2_hb_ctl -P -d device [-n io_priority] ocfs2_hb_ctl -P -u uuid [-n io_priority] ocfs2_hb_ctl -h DESCRIPTION
ocfs2_hb_ctl starts and stops the heartbeat on a OCFS2 device. Users are strongly urged not to use this tool directly. It is automatically invoked by mount.ocfs2 and other tools that require heartbeat notifications. The tools accepts devices to be specified by its name or its uuid. Service denotes the application that is requesting the heartbeat notifi- cation. OPTIONS
-S Starts the heartbeat. -K Stops the heartbeat. -I Prints the heartbeat reference counts for that heartbeat region. -d Specify region by device name. -u Specify region by device uuid. -n Adjust IO priority for the heartbeat thread. This option calls the ionice tool to set its IO scheduling class to realtime with scheduling class data as provided. This option is usable only with the O2CB cluster stack. -h Displays help and exit. SEE ALSO
mkfs.ocfs2(8) fsck.ocfs2(8) tunefs.ocfs2(8) mounted.ocfs2(8) ocfs2console(8) debugfs.ocfs2(8) AUTHORS
Oracle Corporation COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004, 2010 Oracle. All rights reserved. Version 1.6.4 September 2010 ocfs2_hb_ctl(8)