Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File copy script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting File copy script Post 302856827 by ahamed101 on Wednesday 25th of September 2013 12:19:16 AM
Old 09-25-2013
Code:
xargs -n1 -I% sh -c 'test -f % && mv /mnt/cifs/% %' < infile

--ahamed

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help:Copy file from one to other using script

Hi Frineds, Through my DTS process I am generating one file at one directory like, /sqlsrvr_demo/dts/put/transaction_fact.csv now I want to copy this files(only when the files size is greater than 0 kb) to some other directory like /sqlsrvr_demo/dts/get/transaction_fact.csv Can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnysunny
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script look for file ,sort and copy to other direcotry

Hi I am in a situation to write a shell script that looks for the flat files continuosly and if files exists in that directory sort on the files and get the latest file(File comes with timestamp at the end) and copy the latest file to the other directory and again copy the next one to the same... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: reddi22
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to capture new lines in a file and copy it to new file

Hi All, I have a file that gives me new line/output every 5 minutes. I need to create a script that capture new line/output besides "IN CRON_STATUS", in this case the new output is "begin ------ cron_status.sh - -----------". I want this script to capture the line starting from "begin ------... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fara_aris
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy file from script file to remote computer

hi, i want copy one or group of file from a computer to others, but i have some problem that do not allow me to do this. i do this by scp command like this : scp <file name> root@cpName:destinationAddress but the problem is that it do not it automatically. it means when it is connecting to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MShirzadi
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to search for text in a file and copy file

Compete noob question.... I need a script to search through a directory and find files containing text string abcde1234 for example and then copy that file with that text string to another directory help please :eek: (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: imeadows
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match File and Copy File Script (Homework, Closed)

Can you please help on this? I am looking for the shell script which does following:- step 1: It should open the file /u/manish/input/FileIndex.dat and read line by line step 2: Once first line is read (for ex: File1), we have to find a file, that contains this matching... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: teteguru1
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to copy file small interval file

HI Guys whenever i post a transaction , abcd.in file is stored in the temp and vanishes when the transaction is compleated . the abcd.in file stays for 1 sec in temp is der any solution to capture the abcd.in file to another directory cp -r /tmp/abcd.in /tmp/smith.in when i used the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kalyankalyan
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to copy file

Dear all, I have a database with thousands of files with the structure of name is: Filename_hour_year.abc Filename_hour_year_1.abc .............. So what I need is how to write a script that all file with contain the character "_1" will copy to "_2" For example: file name:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hainguyen1402
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with file copy script

Hello, I am still pretty new at writing shell scripts and may have bitten off more than I can chew. I am trying to write a script that figures out if a file exists (a known name) in directory a, then copy it to my selected destination, otherwise, look in directory b and check there. If it is in... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: r34lj4k3
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for File Copy

Hello All, This is my first post to unix.com. I have requirement to copy multiple *.dmp files from one server to other server. I have that other server NFS filesystem mapped to source server. Dump files are so huge almost 20TB. There are around 15-20 files each of 1.1TB. I want to copy these... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit Bansode
6 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('arevela','alpha'); $lvar = code2langvar('arevela',LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-04-12 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)