Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Using Valgrind with already running process Post 302856457 by Praveen_218 on Tuesday 24th of September 2013 03:41:26 AM
Old 09-24-2013
How do you know the leak is happening?
Does your process crashes everytime it's run after certain time or is there a trigger which results into a crash/abort for "ENOMEM" ??
This User Gave Thanks to Praveen_218 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to create a dummy process of a process already running?

Hi Everybody, I want to create a shell script named as say "jip" and it is runned. And i want that when i do ps + grep for the process than this jip should be shown as process. Infact there might be process with name jip which is already running. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shambhu
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to monitor process running on server and posting a mail if any process is dead

Hello all, I would be happy if any one could help me with a shell script that would determine all the processes running on a Unix server and post a mail if any of the process is not running or aborted. Thanks in advance Regards, pradeep kulkarni. :mad: (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepmacha
13 Replies

3. Programming

Valgrind error

I get this Valgrind error while using malloc but if I use calloc then there is no error. I allocate 8 bytes for the string inside sprintf, 12 for the ip and 1 for the string terminator. This totals 21, so why is it talking about 20 bytes and 18 bytes ? Partial code: char ip =... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyler
3 Replies

4. Ubuntu

valgrind

Hello, I want to install and run a tool called Daikon on my Ubuntu(latest version) While compiling I got this error--------> checking the GLIBC_VERSION version... unsupported version configure: error: Valgrind requires glibc version 2.2 - 2.11 make: *** Error 1 make: Leaving directory... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: paramad
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running different process from current process?

I have been having some trouble trying to get some code working, so I was wondering...what system calls are required to execute a different program from an already running process? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Midwest Product
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How a process can check if a particular process is running on different machine?

I have process1 running on one machine and generating some log file. Now another process which can be launched on any machine wants to know if process1 is running or not and also in case it is running it wants to stream the logs file generated by process1 on terminal from which process2 is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabhnsit2001
2 Replies

7. BSD

Process remians in Running state causing other similar process to sleep and results to system hang

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveeng
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Process remians in Running state causing other similar process to sleep and results to system hang

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to get exact tomcat process I am running ignoring other java process

Team, I have multiple batchjobs running in VM, if I do ps -ef |grep java or tomcat I am getting multiple process list. How do I get my exact tomcat process running and that is unique? via shell script? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ghanshyam Ratho
4 Replies
ReportCrash(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					    ReportCrash(8)

NAME
ReportCrash -- Generates crash reports SYNOPSIS
ReportCrash DESCRIPTION
ReportCrash analyzes crashing processes and saves a crash report to disk. A crash report contains information that can help a developer diagnose the cause of a crash. ReportCrash also records the identity of the crashing process and the location of the saved crash report in the system.log and the ASL log database. ReportCrash is invoked automatically by launchd when a crash is detected. For applications and other processes running in the per-user launchd context, ReportCrash runs as a LaunchAgent and saves crash reports in the user's ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/ directory. For daemons, other processes running in the system launchd context and other privileged processes, ReportCrash runs as a LaunchDaemon and saves crash reports in the system's /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports directory where they are only readable by admin users. If there are too many crash reports saved for a particular process, older reports will automatically be removed in order to conserve disk space. launchtl can be used to disable and re-enable crash reporting. To disable crash reporting: launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.ReportCrash.plist sudo launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.ReportCrash.Root.plist To re-enable crash reporting: launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.ReportCrash.plist sudo launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.ReportCrash.Root.plist For application crashes (but not background process crashes) ReportCrash will display a dialog notifying the user that the application unex- pectedly quit and offering to reopen the application or send the report to Apple. For developers, the behavior of this dialog can be adjusted using /Developer/Applications/Utilities/CrashReporterPrefs.app which is installed as part of the developer tools. Crash reports which are sent to Apple are submitted anonymously by the SubmitDiagInfo process. The reports are used by Apple to improve its products. Users who need support should use http://www.apple.com/support or other authorized support channels. Developers who are ADC mem- bers should report bugs using http://bugreporter.apple.com in order to allow for two way communication between Apple and the bug reporter. More information about interpreting the contents of crash reports can be found in Technote 2123: https://developer.apple.com/library/con- tent/technotes/tn2004/tn2123.html SEE ALSO
launchd(8), launchd.plist(8), launchctl(8), spindump(8), SubmitDiagInfo(8) Mac OS June 1, 2019 Mac OS