Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity VPN Initial Connection Problem Post 302856329 by Corona688 on Monday 23rd of September 2013 03:32:20 PM
Old 09-23-2013
If you could set up a tunnel before login, you could get free internet, so this doesn't seem likely.

I don't understand how it would make you more secure, in any case.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Testing VPN Connection

Hi All: I need a script that can be timed to run every half hour to an hour to run a traceroute through a VPN to test that a connection is still up from a Win XP system. Which would be the best, C++ or Perl and what are some good resources to look at. (If anyone has a script to do this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maxhewitt
1 Replies

2. Linux

vpn problem

Trying to connect to my companies VPN with vpnc but I keep getting an error that the target failed to respond. I run wireshark and see that my host sends out a few ISAKMP packets but gets no response and gives up. Any ideas what can cause this to happen? Is there someway that UDP traffic could... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: osulinux
0 Replies

3. IP Networking

VPN Connection

Hello, I have question about VPN connection thats, I have two networks 1-Office Network 2-Home Network both are connected to internet i have in Office network PPTP VPN Server with real or static ip and on the home network all clients working with local ip Now , I need to connect to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxCommandos
3 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

VPN performance problem

This is a weird problem I've been butting my head against for days now... I have two OpenVPN servers set up with identical configurations except for the keys. One of them is hosted in a datacenter with a large backbone, the other is hosted on my home server's limited residential internet. One... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Corona688
9 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 ftp connection problem (connection refused, connection timed out)

Hi everyone, I am hoping anyone of you could help me in this weird problem we have in 1 of our Solaris 10 servers. Lately, we have been having some ftp problems in this server. Though it can ping any server within the network, it seems that it can only ftp to a select few. For most servers, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: labdakos
4 Replies

6. SCO

Printing to Windows 7 using Samba 2.0.3 via VPN connection to SCO 3.2v5.0.6

I would like to know if anyone has a way to PRINT TO a printer attached to a Windows 7 PC, from SCO, while logged in via a VPN connection. I am able to attach to a Samba share on the SCO server for files while attached to the VPN, so I know my Samba is workling - but my print jobs return: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tbb999
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem when I try to Install a Client VPN Cisco

Hi Gurus of UNIX, I have a problem when I try to install a software VPN Cisco in Laptop (HP530). I do the following procedures: Part 2 - VPN Client Compilation We will now set up the vpn client. As there is no official Cisco VPN Client for OpenSolaris X86 available, we will use vpnc.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: andresguillen
1 Replies

8. IP Networking

Cisco VPN server and client - connection drop

I have a Cisco 1841 router configured as Easy VPN Server. Here is the configuration of the router: Cisco# Cisco#show running-config Building configuration... Current configura - Pastebin.com I have a Centos 5.7 server with installed Cisco VPN client for Linux. The client successfully... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcbandit
0 Replies

9. IP Networking

Internet connection single interface through vpn

Hi. Can you please help me with a routing problem? There are 2 networks: 192.168.10.0/24 (eth0) 192.168.11.0/24 (eth0:1) The default gateway is 192.168.10.1 iPv4 routing is already enabled and working. With vpnc I've built up an VPN connection and can access my home network... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tschmi
0 Replies
dat_psp_free(3DAT)				     Direct Access Transport Library Functions					dat_psp_free(3DAT)

NAME
dat_psp_free - destroy an instance of the Public Service Point SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -ldat [ library... ] #include <dat/udat.h> DAT_RETURN dat_psp_free ( IN DAT_PSP_HANDLE psp_handle ) PARAMETERS
psp_handle Handle for an instance of the Public Service Point. DESCRIPTION
The dat_psp_free() function destroys a specified instance of the Public Service Point. Any incoming Connection Requests for the Connection Qualifier on the destroyed Service Point it had been listening on are automatically rejected by the Provider with the return analogous to the no listening Service Point. The behavior of the Connection Requests in progress is undefined and left to an implementation. But it must be consistent. This means that either a Connection Requested Event has been generated for the Event Dispatcher associated with the Service Point, including the creation of the Connection Request instance, or the Connection Request is rejected by the Provider without any local notification. This operation shall have no effect on previously generated Connection Requested Events. This includes Connection Request instances and, potentially, Endpoint instances created by the Provider. The behavior of this operation with creation of a Service Point on the same Connection Qualifier at the same time is not defined. Consumers are advised to avoid this scenario. Use of the handle of the destroyed Public Service Point in any consequent operation fails. RETURN VALUES
DAT_SUCCESS The operation was successful. DAT_INVALID_HANDLE The psp_handle parameter is invalid. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard: uDAPL, 1.1, 1.2 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libdat(3LIB), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 16 Jul 2004 dat_psp_free(3DAT)