Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity VPN Initial Connection Problem Post 302856329 by Corona688 on Monday 23rd of September 2013 03:32:20 PM
Old 09-23-2013
If you could set up a tunnel before login, you could get free internet, so this doesn't seem likely.

I don't understand how it would make you more secure, in any case.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Testing VPN Connection

Hi All: I need a script that can be timed to run every half hour to an hour to run a traceroute through a VPN to test that a connection is still up from a Win XP system. Which would be the best, C++ or Perl and what are some good resources to look at. (If anyone has a script to do this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maxhewitt
1 Replies

2. Linux

vpn problem

Trying to connect to my companies VPN with vpnc but I keep getting an error that the target failed to respond. I run wireshark and see that my host sends out a few ISAKMP packets but gets no response and gives up. Any ideas what can cause this to happen? Is there someway that UDP traffic could... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: osulinux
0 Replies

3. IP Networking

VPN Connection

Hello, I have question about VPN connection thats, I have two networks 1-Office Network 2-Home Network both are connected to internet i have in Office network PPTP VPN Server with real or static ip and on the home network all clients working with local ip Now , I need to connect to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxCommandos
3 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

VPN performance problem

This is a weird problem I've been butting my head against for days now... I have two OpenVPN servers set up with identical configurations except for the keys. One of them is hosted in a datacenter with a large backbone, the other is hosted on my home server's limited residential internet. One... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Corona688
9 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 ftp connection problem (connection refused, connection timed out)

Hi everyone, I am hoping anyone of you could help me in this weird problem we have in 1 of our Solaris 10 servers. Lately, we have been having some ftp problems in this server. Though it can ping any server within the network, it seems that it can only ftp to a select few. For most servers, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: labdakos
4 Replies

6. SCO

Printing to Windows 7 using Samba 2.0.3 via VPN connection to SCO 3.2v5.0.6

I would like to know if anyone has a way to PRINT TO a printer attached to a Windows 7 PC, from SCO, while logged in via a VPN connection. I am able to attach to a Samba share on the SCO server for files while attached to the VPN, so I know my Samba is workling - but my print jobs return: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tbb999
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem when I try to Install a Client VPN Cisco

Hi Gurus of UNIX, I have a problem when I try to install a software VPN Cisco in Laptop (HP530). I do the following procedures: Part 2 - VPN Client Compilation We will now set up the vpn client. As there is no official Cisco VPN Client for OpenSolaris X86 available, we will use vpnc.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: andresguillen
1 Replies

8. IP Networking

Cisco VPN server and client - connection drop

I have a Cisco 1841 router configured as Easy VPN Server. Here is the configuration of the router: Cisco# Cisco#show running-config Building configuration... Current configura - Pastebin.com I have a Centos 5.7 server with installed Cisco VPN client for Linux. The client successfully... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcbandit
0 Replies

9. IP Networking

Internet connection single interface through vpn

Hi. Can you please help me with a routing problem? There are 2 networks: 192.168.10.0/24 (eth0) 192.168.11.0/24 (eth0:1) The default gateway is 192.168.10.1 iPv4 routing is already enabled and working. With vpnc I've built up an VPN connection and can access my home network... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tschmi
0 Replies
UPSSET.CONF(5)							    NUT Manual							    UPSSET.CONF(5)

NAME
upsset.conf - Configuration for Network UPS Tools upsset.cgi DESCRIPTION
This file only does one job--it lets you convince upsset.cgi(8) that your system's CGI directory is secure. The program will not run until this file has been properly defined. SECURITY REQUIREMENTS
upsset.cgi(8) allows you to try login name and password combinations. There is no rate limiting, as the program shuts down between every request. Such is the nature of CGI programs. Normally, attackers would not be able to access your upsd(8) server directly as it would be protected by the LISTEN directives in your upsd.conf(5) file, tcp-wrappers (if available when NUT was built), and hopefully local firewall settings in your OS. upsset runs on your web server, so upsd will see it as a connection from a host on an internal network. It doesn't know that the connection is actually coming from someone on the outside. This is why you must secure it. On Apache, you can use the .htaccess file or put the directives in your httpd.conf. It looks something like this, assuming the .htaccess method: <Files upsset.cgi> deny from all allow from your.network.addresses </Files> You will probably have to set "AllowOverride Limit" for this directory in your server-level configuration file as well. If this doesn't make sense, then stop reading and leave this program alone. It's not something you absolutely need to have anyway. Assuming you have all this done, and it actually works (test it!), then you may add the following directive to this file: I_HAVE_SECURED_MY_CGI_DIRECTORY If you lie to the program and someone beats on your upsd through your web server, don't blame me. SEE ALSO
upsset.cgi(8) Internet resources: The NUT (Network UPS Tools) home page: http://www.networkupstools.org/ Network UPS Tools 05/22/2012 UPSSET.CONF(5)