Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Send email if Output is available Post 302856035 by nimafire on Sunday 22nd of September 2013 01:29:29 PM
Old 09-22-2013
can you debug my script?
is it write to use if [ $? == 0 ] ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to send eMail from a UNIX-Host ( using mailx ) to a Outlook-email-addres(Win)

Hi A) I am able to send eMail using mailx from a UNIX ( solaris 8 ) host to my Outlook-email-ID : FName.Surname@Citigroup.com ( This is NOT my actual -eMail-ID). But in Outlook the "From :" eMail address is displayed as " usr1@unix-host1.unregistered.email.citicorp.com " .i.e the words... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vetrivela
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send one email with output result from 2 commands

Hi, i want to create a script which should do the following: 1) ping the remote servers and email the hosts which are down 2) netstat on port x on 2 server and email the result too. I want both results to be sent in the same email. I have few ideas but i can't finish it. Here... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: varu0612
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

send an email of script output

Hi All, I'm trying to send some file which generated by script to my email. when I run the script I'm getting an email. Thats fine. But it seems to be all messed up like below Memory Status on ServerA: Mem: 3867444k total, 862680k used, 3004764k free, 54456k buffers!! CPU Status on ServerA:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_linux
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send email after comparing the folder permissions to a certain permission & send email

Hello , I am trying to write a unix shell script to compare folder permission to say drwxr-x-wx and then send an email to my id in case the folders don't have the drwxr-x-wx permissions set for them . I have been trying to come up with a script for few days now , pls help me:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nairshar
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

new to ldap, send email to a ou or group, and see a list from email client

hi, i'm running openldap on ubuntu 10.04, creating new items with apache directory studio (windows version). i use the ldap just as an address book to our small office (email clients are windows live mail 2009, 2011, microsoft outlook 2007 and 2010). a. i cant see a list of the contacts,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: V4705
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to avoid cron job output to send to the junk email folder?

Hi i created a cron job which invoke a shell script and output some content via email. Some times these output are sent to the junk email folder. i want these mails to be sent to inbox with some specific font. what i have to do? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidhyaS
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send output of a command as an email

Hello Unix Experts! We are on AIX 6.1 TL6 I am trying to develop a script that does the following: It should send the output of "df -g /directory/folder" command as an email to a user(someone@company.com) This is too simple and i can research on how to do it, but it would be great if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: atechcorp
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL query output convert to HTML & send as email body

Hi , I have a sql query in the unix script ,whose output is shown below.I want to convert this output to HTML table format & send email from unix with this table as email body. p_id src_system amount 1 A 100 2 B 200 3 C ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagadeeshn04
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse qshape output and send email alert

Hi I need help to do this. This is the output of qshape: user$ qshape deferred|head T 5 10 20 40 80 160 320 640 1280 1280+ TOTAL 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 T stands for minutes elapsed and TOTAL... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zorrox
1 Replies

10. Solaris

How to output the prstat into table and send through email?

Hi how to send below prstat script output into table format and send through email? prstat|awk '{ if ($9 >= 5) print $0 }' (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: tharmendran
17 Replies
DH_INSTALLMIME(1)						     Debhelper							 DH_INSTALLMIME(1)

NAME
dh_installmime - install mime files into package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_installmime [debhelperoptions] [-n] DESCRIPTION
dh_installmime is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing mime files into package build directories. It also automatically generates the postinst and postrm commands needed to interface with the debian mime-support and shared-mime-info packages. These commands are inserted into the maintainer scripts by dh_installdeb(1). FILES
debian/package.mime Installed into usr/lib/mime/packages/package in the package build directory. debian/package.sharedmimeinfo Installed into /usr/share/mime/packages/package.xml in the package build directory. OPTIONS
-n, --noscripts Do not modify postinst/postrm scripts. NOTES
Note that this command is not idempotent. dh_prep(1) should be called between invocations of this command. Otherwise, it may cause multiple instances of the same text to be added to maintainer scripts. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 8.9.0ubuntu2.1 2012-06-12 DH_INSTALLMIME(1)