Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris LDOM reconfiguration after SB replacement Post 302855971 by DukeNuke2 on Sunday 22nd of September 2013 02:53:32 AM
Old 09-22-2013
The Doc ID 1464421.1 inside MOS is what you need.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

about NTP reconfiguration..

Most services can re-load/re-read their configuration file through the command "service xxxx reload", which is usually implemented by "kill -HUP service_pid" . for NTPD service, "service ntpd restart" and "service ntpd reload" are identical in /etc/rc.d/init.d/ntpd. what's more, "kill -HUP... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aaronwong
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

Force machine reconfiguration

Hi, This may be a dumb question, but here goes. While I have been using Linux for some time, I am wondering if a certain capability exists within Red Hat that I have found within SUSE. Cool stuff you might not know that AutoYast can do ? Part 1 Linux In Novell’s East Region points to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mark54g
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Autosys on LDOM

Has anyone configured an Autosys server to run on a Solaris LDOM? I can't think of any obvious reason why there would be a problem with it, but.... Jerry (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JerryHone
0 Replies

4. Solaris

ldom and zone

hi, what is the difference between ldom and zone. can we install any other os than sun in ldom. thanks, snj. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snjksh
2 Replies

5. Solaris

ldom patching

Greetings everyone! I have the task of patching six ldoms and two control domains. I have never done this before and would like to know of any pitfalls or "gotchas" I may encounter. I have been looking online but have found very little about patching ldoms. Thank you all. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: desertdenizen
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Ldom problem

Hi People, I have been trying to learn solaris ldoms, have created one on a T2000 and get the following error when try to install it off DVD WARNING: /virtual-devices@100/channel-devices@200/disk@1: Communication error with Virtual Disk Server using Port 0. Retrying If anyone could help... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
8 Replies
vgcfgbackup(1M) 														   vgcfgbackup(1M)

NAME
vgcfgbackup - create or update LVM volume group configuration backup file SYNOPSIS
vg_conf_path] vg_name DESCRIPTION
The command saves the LVM configuration for a volume group in a default or alternate configuration backup file (see the option). By default, runs automatically each time an LVM command changes the LVM configuration. In this case, it always uses the default configura- tion backup file. An existing default configuration backup file is renamed with an extension of Options and Arguments recognizes the following options and arguments: vg_name The path name of a volume group. Save the configuration using an alternate file name specified by vg_conf_path. If is omitted, the default file name is in the form: base_vg_name is the base name of vg_name. For example, if vg_name is specified as base_vg_name is Update the configuration backup file with the latest LVM configuration. Only those physical volumes added since the configuration backup file was last modified need to be online. If is omitted, all physical volumes for vg_name must be online. RETURN VALUE
exits with one of the following values: Successful completion. Failure. Errors occurred when information from the volume group was being accessed. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables determines the language in which messages are displayed. If is not specified or is null, it defaults to "C" (see lang(5)). If any internationalization variable contains an invalid setting, all internationalization variables default to "C" (see environ(5)). EXAMPLES
Back up LVM configuration information for volume group in the default backup file Update LVM configuration information corresponding to volume group in the default backup file Back up LVM configuration information for volume group in the alternate configuration backup file WARNINGS
It is recommended that any alternate configuration backup file be created in the root file system (as is the case with the default path name). This facilitates easy volume group recovery during maintenance mode, such as after a system crash. AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
vgcfgrestore(1M). vgcfgbackup(1M)