Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Why I cannot access internet from Solaris guest using url? Post 302855893 by fpmurphy on Saturday 21st of September 2013 12:47:29 PM
Old 09-21-2013
How is your guest confirmed w.r.t. networking? NAT, Bridge, or what? Obviously DNS on the guest is not working correctly for you. The question is why? Are your resolver (/etc/resolv.conf) and name service switch (/etc/nsswitch.conf) configurations correct?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Internet access on Solaris 10 through TATA Indicom Wireless Phone

Hi, I am trying to configure Solaris 10 for Internet Connection. I have a PC (Celeron 1.7Ghz, 512 MB RAM, Gigabyte 8LD Motherboard). The Wireless Telephone Specs are: TATA Indicom Walky. Further product details are as follows ( I did not understand most of what it says. I have given... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: priteshugrankar
0 Replies

2. IP Networking

Internet access on Solaris 10 through TATA Indicom Wireless Phone

Hi, I am trying to configure Solaris 10 for Internet Connection. I have a PC (Celeron 1.7Ghz, 512 MB RAM, Gigabyte 8LD Motherboard). The Wireless Telephone Specs are: TATA Indicom Walky. Further product details are as follows ( I did not understand most of what it says. I have given it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: priteshugrankar
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 10 internet access on VMware

Hi, I have Solaris 10 running in VMware on a winxp box so I can learn unix. I can 'ping' all the boxes on our network and yahoo.com (but only if I use the IP address I get back from pinging from an xp box). The error message from the terminal window is unknown host and from a browser www.sun.com... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Technomot1
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

Does my provider limit my internet access or somesites access?

Hi Good Day, i would like to ask for further info about my problems experiencing this evening. Im a PPP0 connection in the internet using 3G located in asia pacific region.i had this problem this evening in my INTERNET connections that there are some sites i can't open example ( Gizmodo.com,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
2 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Sharing internet from host os to guest os

I have a host os Windows 7 ultimate in place where virtual box is installed. Now in virtual box I have installed solaris 10. There is internet connection present in host windows 7 still I am not able to access internet in solaris 10. Please help to configure solaris so that internet can be... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
12 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VMware Solaris Guest - How do I boot from CD?

Hello, I have a Solaris 10 x86 VM and I am trying to access the Solaris install menu. I have the ISO set to connect on startup, and I can see that it is mounted in my system. But when I power on the VM, the GRUB menu comes up and I only have the option of booting Solaris. Also I have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bstring
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get time from internet using url

Hi Team, I have few questions. Could anyone of you please assist me in this: ============================================ 1 : a small shell script to get time from internet using curl, ( Say T1 ) 2 : Wait for Random interval of time between 30 sec to 1 min, and get time again. 3 : Keep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tolearn
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

HTTP::DAV module errors - can't access URL

Hello, I am attempting to use the HTTP/DAV module in perl, and I have a script that transfers files to a website. However, I get the following error message: "Couldn't open https://www.thisismyurl.com/DAV: The URL "https://www.thisismyurl.com/DAV" is not DAV enabled or not accessible." ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scatterbrain26
0 Replies

9. Cybersecurity

A little iptables help for Guest Access

Hey folks, I've setup a wifi guest network on an E2500 router running TomatoUSB, that I only want to have internet access provided for. Did this by creating a separate bridge (br1), then putting it in it's own VLAN, created a virtual wifi interface, then set some firewall rules to isolate... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcaramb
0 Replies

10. Linux

Unable to connect guest VM to internet (QEMU via both 'User-mode networking' and 'TUN/TAP')

Hello, I installed FreeBSD 10.3 on AQEMU. I can't connect to internet in none of the modes of "Default, User-Mode Networking" and "TUN/TAP Networking". I am able to ping my host in the TAP networking mode (192.168.1.33 which is my IP addr in guest), but getting 'no route to host' for any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: temp-usr
1 Replies
PAM_GUEST(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      PAM_GUEST(8)

NAME
pam_guest -- Guest PAM module SYNOPSIS
[service-name] module-type control-flag pam_guest [arguments] DESCRIPTION
The guest service module for PAM allows guest logins. If successful, the pam_guest module sets the PAM environment variable GUEST to the login name. The application can check this variable using pam_getenv(3) to differentiate guest logins from normal logins. The following options may be passed to the pam_guest module: guests=list Comma-separated list of guest account names. The default is ``guest''. A typical value for ftpd(8) would be ``anonymous,ftp''. nopass Omits the password prompt if the target account is on the list of guest accounts. pass_as_ruser The password typed in by the user is exported as the PAM_RUSER item. This is useful for applications like ftpd(8) where guest users are encouraged to use their email address as password. pass_is_user Requires the guest user to type in the guest account name as password. SEE ALSO
pam_get_item(3), pam_getenv(3), pam.conf(5), pam(8) AUTHORS
The pam_guest module and this manual page were developed for the FreeBSD Project by ThinkSec AS and NAI Labs, the Security Research Division of Network Associates, Inc. under DARPA/SPAWAR contract N66001-01-C-8035 (``CBOSS''), as part of the DARPA CHATS research program. BSD
May 26, 2003 BSD