Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract words starting with a pattern from a file Post 302855887 by Pramod_009 on Saturday 21st of September 2013 12:40:43 PM
Old 09-21-2013
Extract words starting with a pattern from a file

Hi Guys..

I have a file and i want to extract all words that starts with a pattern 'ABC_' or 'ADF_'
For example,

ABC.txt
----
Code:
INSERT INTO ABC_DLKFJAL_FJKLD
SELECT DISTINCT S,B,C FROM ADF_DKF_KDFJ_IERU8 A, ABC_LKDJFREUE9_FJKDF B
WHERE A.FI=B.EI;
COMMIT;

Output :
Code:
ABS_DLKFJAL_FJKLD, ADF_DKF_KDFJ_IERU8, ABS_LKDJFREUE9_FJKDF

Hope the query is clear.
Thanks in Advance.
Pramod

Last edited by Don Cragun; 09-21-2013 at 01:51 PM.. Reason: Change COLOR tags to CODE tags and add missing CODE tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

getting file words as pattern matching

Sir, I want to check for the repation of a user address in a file i used || as my delimiter and want to check repetaip0n of the address that is mailid and then i have to use IMAP and all. How can i do this... I am in linux ...and my file is linux file. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract words before and after a pattern/regexp

Couldn't find much help on the kind of question I've here: There is this text file with text as: Line one has a bingo Line two does not have a bingo but it has a tango Bingo is on line three Line four has both tango and bingo Now I would want to search for the pattern "bingo" in this file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manthasirisha
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching words in a file containing a pattern

Hi all, I would like to print words in a file seperated by whitespaces containing a specific pattern like "=" e.g. I have a file1 containing strings like %cat file1 The= some= in wish= born <eof> .I want to display only those words containing = i.e The= , some=,wish= ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sree_123
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To Extract words from File based on Position

Hi Guys, While I was writing one shell script , I just got struck at this point. I need to extract words from a file at some specified position and do some comparison operation and need to replace the extracted word with another word. Eg : I like Orange very much. I need to replace... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: kuttu123
19 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract words to new file

Hi there, Unix Gurus Working with big listings of english sentences for my pupils, of the type: 1. If the boss's son had been , someone would have asked for money by now. 2. Look, I haven't a crime, so why can't you let me go? .... I wondered how to extract the words between brackets in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: eldeingles
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

To extract a string between two words in XML file

i need to extract the string between two tags, input file is <PersonInfoShipTo AddressID="446311709" AddressLine1="" AddressLine2="" AddressLine3="" AddressLine4="" AddressLine5="" AddressLine6="" AlternateEmailID="" Beeper="" City="" Company="" Country="" DayFaxNo="" DayPhone="" Department=""... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Padmanabhan
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need to extract uique words from text file

Hello programmers, I need to create a list of unique words from a text file using PERL...may i have the code for that please? Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alsohari
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific line in an html file starting and ending with specific pattern to a text file

Hi This is my first post and I'm just a beginner. So please be nice to me. I have a couple of html files where a pattern beginning with "http://www.site.com" and ending with "/resource.dat" is present on every 241st line. How do I extract this to a new text file? I have tried sed -n 241,241p... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: dejavo
13 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell - Read a text file with two words and extract data

hi I made this simple script to extract data and pretty much is a list and would like to extract data of two words separated by commas and I would like to make a new text file that would list these extracted data into a list and each in a new line. Example that worked for me with text file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dandaryll
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep file starting from pattern matching line

I have a file with a list of references towards the end and want to apply a grep for some string. text .... @unnumbered References @sp 1 @paragraphindent 0 2017. @strong{Chalenski, D.A.}; Wang, K.; Tatanova, Maria; Lopez, Jorge L.; Hatchell, P.; Dutta, P.; @strong{Small airgun... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)