Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Issue in Find and mv command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Issue in Find and mv command Post 302855535 by rakeshkumar on Friday 20th of September 2013 08:40:18 AM
Old 09-20-2013
Thank you .. it worked..

Any idea why does it happened with exec ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

An issue with find command.

Hi all, I have a shell script(ksh) which has the code as follows. ------------------ cd $mydir for i in `find ./ -type f -mtime +$k` do echo $i done ----------------------- And in $mydir , i have some files which have space in theie names like "Case att15". The out put of the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajugp1
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue with find command using links

Hi, Having a simple issue with find command on Sun. The command works fine if the variable is set to the actual filesystem but fails when the variable is set to a link which is pointing to the same filesystem. export DUMPDEST=/oradata1/exports/pbm - Set the variable ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: win_vin
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extrange Find command Issue

Hi all, i'm new at shell scripting world... I'm working on a script for searching old files on a server, this scripts runs with a configuration file wich indicates where to search the files, the script should search for all files that are older than an x qty of days, and the only clue that i have... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: juanklavera
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with Find command on Linux

Hi, I am issuing find command below mentioned ways but it givs different count. I don't understand the behaviour. Could any one have any clue? $ find . -mtime -5 -maxdepth 1 -exec ls -lrt {} \; | wc -l 169 $ find . -mtime -5 -maxdepth 1 | wc -l 47 $ find . -mtime -5 -maxdepth 1 | wc -l... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find command issue

I am currently using below command to get the 1st three characters of a file(PDM). Issue is, when i use find command in root dir, it finds all the files in sub dir also. How to limit the find command search to a given path only(ie: say only find file in apps/cmplus/datamigration/data path... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi_n123
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with Find Command

Hi All, I'm a bit new to Linux environment, moderately okay when it comes to Unix AIX. I'm facing an issue while trying to run a simple find command: $ for file in `find . -name *.*` > do > ls $file > done This is throwing the following error: Strangely, a few minutes... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adi_2_chaos
4 Replies

7. Linux

find command issue

Hi, I am not root user. I am trying to find the file which has contains pattern "fvsfile" in root directory. If i run the find cmd then i got permission denied and all the files are listed include pattern files. i cant get file name yet find . print | xargs grep -i "fvsfile" I want... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Performance issue while using find command

Hi, I have created a shell script for Server Log Automation Process. I have used find xargs grep command to search the string. for Example, find -name | xargs grep "816995225" > test.txt . Here my problem is, We have lot of records and we want to grep the string... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanthagopal
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command issue

Guys, Here is my requirement.. Sample.cfg file="*log.gz *txt.gz" sample.sh #!/bin/sh . $HOME/Sample.cfg find . -name "$file" -mtime +20 -exec ls -la {} \; Its not finding the given *log.gz and txt.gz files. Could anyone please help me? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: AraR87
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command issue

Hi Guys, I have a file called error.logs. am just trying to display the content in the file which was modified last 1 day. I tried below command but it doesnt give the proper output. find /u/text/vinoth/bin "error.logs" -mtime -1 -exec cat {} \; >> mail.txt Any help is much... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vinoth Kumar G
21 Replies
PTHREAD_ATFORK(3)					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					 PTHREAD_ATFORK(3)

NAME
pthread_atfork -- register handlers to be called when process forks LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> int pthread_atfork(void (*prepare)(void), void (*parent)(void), void (*child)(void)); DESCRIPTION
The pthread_atfork() function registers the provided handler functions to be called when the fork(2) function is called. Each of the three handlers is called at a different place in the fork(2) sequence. The prepare handler is called in the parent process before the fork hap- pens, the parent handler is called in the parent process after the fork has happened, and the child handler is called in the child process after the fork has happened. The parent and child handlers are called in the order in which they were registered, while the prepare handlers are called in reverse of the order in which they were registered. Any of the handlers given may be NULL. The intended use of pthread_atfork() is to provide a consistent state to a child process from a multithreaded parent process where locks may be acquired and released asynchronously with respect to the fork(2) call. Each subsystem with locks that are used in a child process should register handlers with pthread_atfork() that acquires those locks in the prepare handler and releases them in the parent handler. RETURN VALUES
The pthread_atfork() function returns 0 on success and an error number on failure. ERRORS
The following error code may be returned: [ENOMEM] Insufficient memory exists to register the fork handlers. SEE ALSO
fork(2) STANDARDS
The pthread_atfork() function conforms to IEEE Std 1003.1c-1995 (``POSIX.1''). HISTORY
The pthread_atfork() function first appeared in NetBSD 2.0. CAVEATS
After calling fork(2) from a multithreaded process, it is only safe to call async-signal-safe functions until calling one of the exec(3) functions. The pthread_*() functions are not async-signal-safe, so it is not safe to use such functions in the child handler. BUGS
There is no way to unregister a handler registered with pthread_atfork(). BSD
February 12, 2003 BSD