Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Issue in Find and mv command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Issue in Find and mv command Post 302855531 by ahamed101 on Friday 20th of September 2013 07:54:18 AM
Old 09-20-2013
mv is not throwing the error. May be someone else can explain it - it has something to do with the stat in find command.

Not sure what difference it will make but try this
Code:
find . -name "Archive_*" -mtime +180 | xargs -I% mv % /tmp/test

--ahamed
This User Gave Thanks to ahamed101 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

An issue with find command.

Hi all, I have a shell script(ksh) which has the code as follows. ------------------ cd $mydir for i in `find ./ -type f -mtime +$k` do echo $i done ----------------------- And in $mydir , i have some files which have space in theie names like "Case att15". The out put of the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajugp1
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue with find command using links

Hi, Having a simple issue with find command on Sun. The command works fine if the variable is set to the actual filesystem but fails when the variable is set to a link which is pointing to the same filesystem. export DUMPDEST=/oradata1/exports/pbm - Set the variable ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: win_vin
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extrange Find command Issue

Hi all, i'm new at shell scripting world... I'm working on a script for searching old files on a server, this scripts runs with a configuration file wich indicates where to search the files, the script should search for all files that are older than an x qty of days, and the only clue that i have... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: juanklavera
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with Find command on Linux

Hi, I am issuing find command below mentioned ways but it givs different count. I don't understand the behaviour. Could any one have any clue? $ find . -mtime -5 -maxdepth 1 -exec ls -lrt {} \; | wc -l 169 $ find . -mtime -5 -maxdepth 1 | wc -l 47 $ find . -mtime -5 -maxdepth 1 | wc -l... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find command issue

I am currently using below command to get the 1st three characters of a file(PDM). Issue is, when i use find command in root dir, it finds all the files in sub dir also. How to limit the find command search to a given path only(ie: say only find file in apps/cmplus/datamigration/data path... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi_n123
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with Find Command

Hi All, I'm a bit new to Linux environment, moderately okay when it comes to Unix AIX. I'm facing an issue while trying to run a simple find command: $ for file in `find . -name *.*` > do > ls $file > done This is throwing the following error: Strangely, a few minutes... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adi_2_chaos
4 Replies

7. Linux

find command issue

Hi, I am not root user. I am trying to find the file which has contains pattern "fvsfile" in root directory. If i run the find cmd then i got permission denied and all the files are listed include pattern files. i cant get file name yet find . print | xargs grep -i "fvsfile" I want... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Performance issue while using find command

Hi, I have created a shell script for Server Log Automation Process. I have used find xargs grep command to search the string. for Example, find -name | xargs grep "816995225" > test.txt . Here my problem is, We have lot of records and we want to grep the string... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanthagopal
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command issue

Guys, Here is my requirement.. Sample.cfg file="*log.gz *txt.gz" sample.sh #!/bin/sh . $HOME/Sample.cfg find . -name "$file" -mtime +20 -exec ls -la {} \; Its not finding the given *log.gz and txt.gz files. Could anyone please help me? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: AraR87
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command issue

Hi Guys, I have a file called error.logs. am just trying to display the content in the file which was modified last 1 day. I tried below command but it doesnt give the proper output. find /u/text/vinoth/bin "error.logs" -mtime -1 -exec cat {} \; >> mail.txt Any help is much... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vinoth Kumar G
21 Replies
Prophet::Test(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Prophet::Test(3pm)

set_editor($code)
       Sets the subroutine that Prophet should use instead of "Prophet::CLI::Command::edit_text" (as this routine invokes an interactive editor)
       to $code.

set_editor_script SCRIPT
       Sets the editor that Proc::InvokeEditor uses.

This should be a non-interactive script found in t/scripts.

import_extra($class, $args)
   in_gladiator($code)
       Run the given code using Devel::Gladiator.

repo_path_for($username)
       Returns a path on disk for where $username's replica is stored.

repo_uri_for($username)
       Returns a file:// URI for $USERNAME'S replica (with the correct replica type prefix).

replica_uuid
       Returns the UUID of the test replica.

database_uuid
       Returns the UUID of the test database.

replica_last_rev
       Returns the sequence number of the last change in the test replica.

as_user($username, $coderef)
       Run this code block as $username.  This routine sets up the %ENV hash so that when we go looking for a repository, we get the user's repo.

replica_uuid_for($username)
       Returns the UUID of the given user's test replica.

database_uuid_for($username)
       Returns the UUID of the given user's test database.

ok_added_revisions( { CODE }, $numbers_of_new_revisions, $msg)
       Checks that the given code block adds the given number of changes to the test replica. $msg is optional and will be printed with the test
       if given.

serialize_conflict($conflict_obj)
       Returns a simple, serialized version of a Prophet::Conflict object suitable for comparison in tests.

The serialized version is a hash reference containing the following keys:
	   meta => { original_source_uuid => 'source_replica_uuid' }
	   records => { 'record_uuid' =>
			  { change_type => 'type',
			    props => { propchange_name => { source_old => 'old_val',
							    source_new => 'new_val',
							    target_old => 'target_val',
							  }
				     }
			  },
			'another_record_uuid' =>
			  { change_type => 'type',
			    props => { propchange_name => { source_old => 'old_val',
							    source_new => 'new_val',
							    target_old => 'target_val',
							  }
				     }
			  },
		      }

serialize_changeset($changeset_obj)
       Returns a simple, serialized version of a Prophet::ChangeSet object suitable for comparison in tests (a hash).

run_command($command, @args)
       Run the given command with (optionally) the given args using a new Prophet::CLI object. Returns the standard output of that command in
       scalar form or, in array context, the STDOUT in scalar form *and* the STDERR in scalar form.

Examples:

run_command('create', '--type=Foo');

load_record($type, $uuid)
       Loads and returns a record object for the record with the given type and uuid.

as_alice CODE, as_bob CODE, as_charlie CODE, as_david CODE
       Runs CODE as alice, bob, charlie or david.

perl v5.10.1							    2009-09-02							Prophet::Test(3pm)