Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Run the for loop in parallel
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Run the for loop in parallel Post 302855491 by ahamed101 on Friday 20th of September 2013 06:33:14 AM
Old 09-20-2013
You can try something like this using xargs.
Code:
awk -F: '!/ASM|#/{print $1}' /var/opt/oracle/oratab | xargs -I% -P5 bash -c './sql_script %'

sql_script
Code:
#!/bin/bash
export ORACLE_SID=$*
$ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus -s /nolog <<EOF
connect / as sysdba
exit
EOF

man xargs
Code:
       -P max-procs
              Run up to max-procs processes at a time; the default is 1.  If max-procs is 0, xargs will  run
              as  many  processes  as  possible at a time.  Use the -n option with -P; otherwise chances are
              that only one exec will be done.

Not tested, only suggestion.

--ahamed

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run processes in parallel?

In a korn shell script, how can I run several processes in parallel at the same time? For example, I have 3 processes say p1, p2, p3 if I call them as p1.ksh p2.ksh p3.ksh they will run after one process finishes. But I want to run them in parallel and want to display "Process p1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbasak
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a command in parallel

Hi all, How do i run a command in parallel 50 times and capturing the result of each run in a separate file Eg: myApp arg1 > run1.txt myApp arg1 > run2.txt ::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::::: myApp arg1 > run50.txt The above way is sequential. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script - how to prevent in parallel run

I have one shell script which is being accessed by many jobs at same time. I want to make the script such that , other job should wait for the script if script is being used by some other job. Is there any way to implement it in script level ? Gops (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gopal_Engg
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

jobs run parallel - server consumption?

I have a requirement where jobs/scripts need to be run in the background.The concern here is there are around 20 scripts which need to be run in the bg.Does running all the 20 scripts/job at the same time in bg consumes much sever-utilization. If so wot would be the efficient way to run the jobs... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: michaelrozar17
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run in series and Parallel

I have a list with four dates say load_date.lst contains 2010-01-01 2010-01-31 2010-03-01 2010-03-31 2010-05-01 2010-05-31 2010-07-01 2010-07-31 And I have directory /lll/src/sql with set of sql's 1_load.sql 2_load.sql 3_load.sql I want to run the sql'in series with respective to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sol_nov
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a script in parallel

Hey, I am new to UNIX scripting . I have script (ex: start_script) that starts a job in 10 different servers one server after another.Now I want to modify the script so that the script starts the job in all servers parallely (at a time in all servers).and I need the choice of selecting the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpspsm
3 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

To run job in parallel in batch

Hi, I am using a batch file to run 2 or more shutdown batch for each of my server like below: Shutdown_serverA.bat Shutdown_serverB.bat ... Is there anyway i can do this in parallel instead of serially:confused: ServerA & ServerB shutdown at the same time in one click (batch). (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loop in parallel

Hello, My script shell is: for i in $(seq $nb_lignes) do //command java done Please, how can i execute all iteration in parallel ? Thank you so much. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run script in parallel in while loop

Hi I am running a loop which actually runs same script for different argument value passed to it. while read repID do echo "Starting for $repID"; date; perl process_report.pl $repID done<${FILE_TO_READ} However this runs in sequence. I want the loop to not to wait for perl to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashing201
3 Replies

10. Linux

Inconsistency with parallel run

Hi All, I am running a parallel processing on aggregating a file. I am splitting the process into 7 separate parallel process and processing the same input file and the process will do the same for each 7 run. The issue I am having is for some reason the 1st parallel processes complete first... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
7 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)