Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Dd of disk contains vg and restore on another m/c Post 302855443 by abhishekdave on Friday 20th of September 2013 03:36:45 AM
Old 09-20-2013
Hello,

Thanks and appreciate you response.

Actually, i am very new to this platform and someone told me to do this task

From Node1

1) create a VG with 1 or more LV
2) create a file system on this vg.
3) varyoff vg1
4) exportvg hdisk31

Now from node1
1) importvg hdisk5
2) varyonvg vg1

As disk is shared among node1 and node2.

I am unable to do that.

For systems which don't have shared disk. I have to do below things

From Node1,
1) use dd to copy whole image ( ~10G) of hdisk31
2) restore on node3 using dd of same size disk.
3) Now, importvg hdisk?
4) Now, ensure vg and lv is available.
5) now, mount file system

am i missing any thing.

We don't have any backup thing. we want to back of dd image only.

Thank in advance.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Restore to disk from tape

I have been restoring from tape some old data. I have done quite a few tapes and have had no problems until now. The command I am running is "dd if=/dev/rmt/1hbn bs=1024 | tar -pBxF - ". This is the second tape have have come up with the error "Not enough space". This tape has a couple of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mtoombs
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to restore a dump file on the disk

Hi all, i am a real dummy to unix and in need of help.My platform is Sun solaris(5.9) I have a dump file, an oracle cold backup taken with ufsdump command. This dump file resides on the disk, not the tape. I want to extract this dump file to a directory. But i cant, i read about ufsrestore... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: merope
1 Replies

3. Solaris

after ZFS can not restore VTOC of disk..

I tried to use zfs .. only for test ..so when I take my test disks into zfs pool their VTOC changed .. and 7th slice does not appear now. How can I restore default VTOC to my disks. my machine is x86 .. SunFire X4200 .. so this disks do not have slices like sparc machines .. they have... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: samar
6 Replies

4. AIX

mksysb restore - Wrong OS level for restore

Hi all, I am still working on my mksysb restore. My latest issue is during an alt_disk_install from tape I got the following error after all the data had been restored. 0505-143 alt_disk_install: Unable to match mksysb level 5.2.0 with any available boot images. Please correct this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pobman
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LVM - restore metadata on other disk

Hi guys, I would like to ask your opinion about my theory, how to fix my broken LVM without risking any data loss. I use Archlinux at home. I just love this distro, even it gives me a lots of work (particularly after system updates). Basic system spec: AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lyynxxx
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

How to restore from disk?

Our new rx2800 server is running HP-UX 11iV3. We have a cron script to perform an fbackup to a file on disk nightly. Now I'm trying to do a test restore, but I can't seem to find the correct way to specify the backup file as the source in frecover. Can anyone point me in the right direction? ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jduehmig
5 Replies
MIC-LIVECD-ISO-TO-DISK(1)				      General Commands Manual					 MIC-LIVECD-ISO-TO-DISK(1)

NAME
mic-livecd-iso-to-disk - Convert a livecd image to a live USB image then write to a USB disk or partition SYNOPSIS
mic-livecd-iso-to-disk [--reset-mbr] [--noverify] [--overlay-size-mb <size>] [--home-size-mb <size>] [--unencrypted-home] <isopath> [usbstick device] <isopath> is your livecd image path name, [usbstick device] is optional, if not provided, it will detect automatically and ask you to select. DESCRIPTION
mic-livecd-iso-to-disk can convert a livecd image to a live USB image and write it to a USB disk or partition, it is different from mic- image-writer which is just a safer dd with progress bar. mic-livecd-iso-to-disk can detect all the removable USB disks and let you select one of them, if you didn't insert any USB disk, it will ask you to insert until a USB disk is available, it can decide if your USB disk need to be formated and if your USB disk has an appropriate partition for this livecd image, all the operations are interactive and have warnings f they will damage your old data on your USB disk. mic-image-manager has a GUI tool for it. OPTIONS
--reset-mbr Set MBR on your USB disk --noverify Don't verify your livecd image --overlay-size-mb Specify overlay size, the default size is 64 MB --home-size-mb Specify home size, the default is 0 EXAMPLES
Write a Molib live image to your USB disk: mic-livecd-iso-to-disk your-2.1-final.img EXIT STATUS
mic-livecd-iso-to-disk returns a zero exist status if it succeeds, otherwise return non-zero and print error message. AUTHOR
Yi Yang, Anas Nashif, Jianfeng Ding SEE ALSO
mic-image-creator(1), mic-convertor(1), mic-chroot(1), mic-image-writer(1), mic-image-manager(1) perl v5.12.3 2011-05-31 MIC-LIVECD-ISO-TO-DISK(1)