Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Normalizing date value to a single timezone Post 302855321 by matrixmadhan on Thursday 19th of September 2013 03:11:47 PM
Old 09-19-2013
I did read that and that is the reason I have used that to normalize to a single time zone value whatever be the time zone value in the host from which its being run.

Still couldn't figure out a strategy where timezone is normalized to a single value.

Are you saying Calendar.setTimezone() should not be used?

Thanks for the reply

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Timezone

HI ; I got Solaris8 installed oon Sunfire V440 .I have TZ=GMT in /etc/TIMEZONE , but when i log in as root i see the date in GMT+1. So i have every time to "set TZ=GMT ; export $TZ" . How can i set the TZ=GMT at the startup defenitely. Thanks :) (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: oss
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

single digit for day and month on date

hi all, how do i format the date command so it displays day and month in single digits i.e 8 instead of 08 ?? am using the command (in a ksh) : date +%D output i get is 10/08/08 thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Single digit date to double digit date.

I have a var storing date var=`date` Now the date is returned as Mon Feb 2 00:25:48 PST 2009 Is there any way to check the date field alone ("2" in above case) and if its a single digit then add a prefix 0 to it and store the result in same variable "var" My intention in above case is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: villain41
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to set correct timezone and date?

Hi all. I changed the date to go ahead one hour for DST this past weekend and date command shows: /home/oracle>date Wed Mar 17 12:40:12 EST 2010 /home/oracle>echo $TZ Canada/Eastern I think it should be reading EDT and not EST as My Dataprotector is reporting backups at... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_collins
5 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Normalizing files for sentence count

I have files with many different formats and breaks in odd places. now I want to normalize them to be able to count the sentence in each file 1: I want to count the sentences is they finish with ! . ? 2: but I don't want it to count if there is no space after the Full stop. e.g. S.O.L I have... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: A-V
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Timezone and date +%s command

DST started on Oct 20th in Brazil. If I run the below command in that time zone, date +%s -d "10/20/2013" it throws an error message "Invalid date" . But it works fine for other dates including 19th and 21st Oct. Any idea ? Is there any unix patch ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakshmikumari
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

History of all the users in single file with command , date . time , ip and user

HTML Code archive_history() { HISTORYOLD=${HISTFILE}.archive CURTIME=`date` CURTTY=`tty` IP=$(echo $SSH_CLIENT | awk '{print $1}') if ; then echo "#-${HOSTNAME}-- ${CURBASHDATE} - ${CURTIME} ($CURTTY) ${USER} ${IP}----" >> $HISTORYOLD history... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rehantayyab82
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

History of all the users in single file with command , date . time , ip and user

HTML Code: archive_history() { HISTORYOLD=${HISTFILE}.archive CURTIME=`date` CURTTY=`tty` IP=$(echo $SSH_CLIENT | awk '{print $1}') if ; then echo "#-${HOSTNAME}-- ${CURBASHDATE} - ${CURTIME} ($CURTTY) ${USER} ${IP}----" >> $HISTORYOLD history... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rehantayyab82
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How can we Zip multiple files created on the same date into one single zip file.?

Hi all i am very new to shell scripting and need some help from you to learn 1)i have some log files that gets generated on daily basis example: i have abc_2017_01_30_1.log ,2017_01_30_2.log like wise so i want to zip this 4 logs which are created on same date into one zip folder. 2)Post zipping... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: b.saipriyanka
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can we Zip multiple files created on the same date into one single zip file.?

Hi all i am very new to shell scripting and need some help from you to learn 1)i have some log files that gets generated on daily basis example: i have abc_2017_01_30_1.log ,2017_01_30_2.log like wise so i want to zip this 4 logs which are created on same date into one zip folder. 2)Post zipping... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: b.saipriyanka
1 Replies
GEOIP_TIME_ZONE_BY_COUNTRY_AND_REGION(3)				 1				  GEOIP_TIME_ZONE_BY_COUNTRY_AND_REGION(3)

geoip_time_zone_by_country_and_region - Returns the time zone for some country and region code combo

SYNOPSIS
string geoip_time_zone_by_country_and_region (string $country_code, [string $region_code]) DESCRIPTION
The geoip_time_zone_by_country_and_region(3) function will return the time zone corresponding to a country and region code combo. In the United States, the region code corresponds to the two-letter abbreviation of each state. In Canada, the region code corresponds to the two-letter province or territory code as attributed by Canada Post. For the rest of the world, GeoIP uses FIPS 10-4 codes to represent regions. You can check http://www.maxmind.com/app/fips10_4 for a detailed list of FIPS 10-4 codes. This function is always available if using GeoIP Library version 1.4.1 or newer. The data is taken directly from the GeoIP Library and not from any database. PARAMETERS
o $country_code - The two-letter country code (see geoip_country_code_by_name(3)) o $region_code - The two-letter (or digit) region code (see geoip_region_by_name(3)) RETURN VALUES
Returns the time zone on success, or FALSE if the country and region code combo cannot be found. EXAMPLES
Example #1 A geoip_time_zone_by_country_and_region(3) example using region code for US/Canada This will print the time zone for country CA (Canada), region QC (Quebec). <?php $timezone = geoip_time_zone_by_country_and_region('CA', 'QC'); if ($timezone) { echo 'Time zone for CA/QC is: ' . $timezone; } ?> The above example will output: Time zone for CA/QC is: America/Montreal Example #2 A geoip_time_zone_by_country_and_region(3) example using FIPS codes This will print the time zone for country JP (Japan), region 01 (Aichi). <?php $timezone = geoip_time_zone_by_country_and_region('JP', '01'); if ($timezone) { echo 'Time zone for JP/01 is: ' . $timezone; } ?> The above example will output: Time zone for JP/01 is: Asia/Tokyo PHP Documentation Group GEOIP_TIME_ZONE_BY_COUNTRY_AND_REGION(3)