Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Tring to locate a script
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Tring to locate a script Post 302855153 by jgt on Thursday 19th of September 2013 07:58:22 AM
Old 09-19-2013
It could be a long running process that is loaded at boot time.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Howto locate locally installed Perl module for a CGI script in APACHE .htaccess

Hi, I have the following simple CGI script, just containg header: #!/usr/bin/perl -w use CGI ':standard'; use lib "/home/myname/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/"; use Mail::Sendmail; I also have included this directive in ~/public_html/.htaccess : SetEnv PERL5LIB... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: monkfan
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to locate servers

I am a newbie in shell scripting and I need to produce a script to work and achieve the following: 1) Look into the file /etc/defaultrouter , and store the value in it 2) If the value is a number, go to LIST and print out the second column corresponding to the value.(eg London) 3) If the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ibroxy
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command locate.

Hi, I am aware of the command locate/slocate. But when I try to search the file which is located in /tmp. Its not able to get it. I tried by updating the database also with the command updatedb. Is there any consern that the command 'locate' dont check /tmp??? And I knew that locate is the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveen_b744
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending same tring to multiple files in one line?

I have a string that I need to append to 3 files. Say, $ echo "Hello" I want to append this “Hello” to three files, file1, file2 and file3.The files are all in different directories and the file names have no common pattern.Can I do it in one line? If yes, how? :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zombiezparadize
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem tring to enable smtp service

People I'm trying to enable de smtp services of a solaris 10 and i get this sendmail: daemon MTA-v4: problem creating SMTP socket sendmail: NOQUEUE: SYSERR(root): opendaemonsocket: daemon MTA-v4: server SMTP socket wedged: exiting Anyone Knows what is bad? Thank for your time ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: enkei17
1 Replies

6. AIX

Locate command

Hello to all, Can I use the "locate" command on AIX 5.3 like on Linux. If yes what packages should I install and where can I find them. Thanks, Enid (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: enux
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to locate Thunderbird message filter

#!/bin/sh #Finds the directory where usually the message folder information is for Thunderbird. clear cd ~/ cd .thunderbird dir=$(dir) echo $dir echo "What is the name of your .default directory?" read userinput echo "Your Thunderbird Message Filter msgFilterRules.dat files are in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: edcompsci
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Can't locate DBI.pm in @INC

my os details as follow bash-3.2$ cat /etc/redhat-release Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.8 (Tikanga) I run the following and encounter the following error bash-3.2$ mysqlhotcopy -? Can't locate DBI.pm in @INC (@INC contains:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jediwannabe
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to locate date in filename

I am looking for a way to find a date in the file without using find. for example something like this: files=`ls |grep txt` YEST=`TZ="GMT+24" date +'%m-%d-%Y'|sed 's/^0//g' |sed 's/$/.txt/g'` YES1=`TZ="GMT+48" date +'%m-%d-%Y'|sed 's/^0//g' |sed 's/$/.txt/g'` if ]; then echo yes;else echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script Locate Word Failed

I'm using CentOS 7 and I would like to know of a way to read each line and search for a specific word. For example, if it finds the word "Fail" it sends it to a variable, and pipes it to a folder on the network. What would be the best way in making this work in a Linux environment? I wrote a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SysAdminRialto
1 Replies
lsmsad(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 lsmsad(8)

NAME
lsmsad - Starts the Storage Administrator (SA) daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/lsmsad DESCRIPTION
The SA daemon, lsmsad, is a process required by lsmsa, the SA graphical user interface (GUI). The daemon issues commands and obtains system information on behalf of SA. The SA daemon runs on a Tru64 UNIX system on which LSM is initialized and running. The SA client runs on any machine that supports the Java Runtime Environment. The SA daemon is automatically started at boot time. Under normal conditions, the daemon does not need to be run manually. If SA does not start during the boot process, enter: /sbin/init.d/lsmsa stop To restart SA, enter: /sbin/init.d/lsmsa start Only one SA daemon can be running on a system at a given time. If a second SA daemon attempts to start, it will fail. RESTRICTIONS
You must be root user to run lsmsad. FILES
The script that starts lsmsad at boot time. The command log file that tracks SA tasks. The access log file that tracks login to SA. The server log file that tracks server startup information and server errors. The log maintenance shell script that saves and compresses log files. SEE ALSO
lsmsa(8), volintro(8) lsmsad(8)