Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to find whether a particular command has failed inside an sftp script? Post 302855089 by Little on Thursday 19th of September 2013 04:20:13 AM
Old 09-19-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDominok
Code:
expect {
  "550 dir: No such file or directory" {send "quit\n" ; exit }
  "250 CWD command successful" {exp_continue}
}

where should i add this code block? and how it works??

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to delete Directory and inside files using Find command

I am using the following Command to delete Directory with contents. But this command is deleting inside files only not directories. is there any change need in my command? find -type f -mtime +3 -exec rm -r {} \; Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmkreddy
3 Replies

2. AIX

SFTP Failed---Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0

Hi, While I am trying SFTP my machine to another unix machine , it was working fine till 10 min back. But now i am getting the below error "Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0" Could you please someone help me to solve or analyise the root cause... Cheers:b:, Mahiban (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahiban
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Command to find the failed disks in SVM and VxVM

How to find & replace bad disks in solaris & VXVM?plz explain step by step? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xtreams
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help! command working ok when executed in command line, but fails when run inside a script!

Hi everyone, when executing this command in unix: echo "WM7 Fatal Alerts:", $(cat query1.txt) > a.csvIt works fine, but running this command in a shell script gives an error saying that there's a syntax error. here is content of my script: tdbsrvr$ vi hc.sh "hc.sh" 22 lines, 509... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4dirk1
4 Replies

5. AIX

AIX ftp/sftp script monitor to failed logins

Hi All, Any idea on how to write a script on AIX 5.3 to monitor ftp or sftp login failed. Thanks and more power, Itik (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP-how to log individual sftp command error while executing shell script

Hi, I have situation where i need to automate transferring 10000+ files using sftp. while read line do if ; then echo "-mput /home/student/Desktop/folder/$line/* /cygdrive/e/folder/$line/">>sftpCommand.txt fi done< files.txt sftp -b sftpCommand.txt stu@192.168.2.1 The above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noobrobot
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command to find cksum of all files inside a directory?

I did this: ls -lrRt | grep ^* | cksum * but it is showing cksum of sub-directories. Thanks You Please use code tags when posting data and code samples, thank you. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ezee
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable inside -name option for find command

Hi, I am not able to get output for find command if there are variables defined inside -name option . Please check below example 1) ###VARIABLES DEFINED process="fast" temperature="125c" voltage="0p935v" 2) I don't get output for below find command find -L <PATH> -type f \( -name... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gujrathinr
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find Error: rpmdb open failed on list of servers

Hello all, I have a task to patch red hat servers and some servers have a corrupted rpm database and return the error: Error: rpmdb open failed I know how to fix this when it occurs. What I'm hoping to do is scan a list of servers by IP and report back which server have this error. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: greavette
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to write a Boolean variable which succeed and failed inside the if loop in shell script ?

I have if loop with multiple variable value check in if loop. How can i print only if loop satisfied variable and its value in shell script ? I dont want to check each variable in if loop. That makes my script larger. if ] then echo "Only satisfied variable with value" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prince1987
3 Replies
SHELL-QUOTE(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    SHELL-QUOTE(1)

NAME
shell-quote - quote arguments for safe use, unmodified in a shell command SYNOPSIS
shell-quote [switch]... arg... DESCRIPTION
shell-quote lets you pass arbitrary strings through the shell so that they won't be changed by the shell. This lets you process commands or files with embedded white space or shell globbing characters safely. Here are a few examples. EXAMPLES
ssh preserving args When running a remote command with ssh, ssh doesn't preserve the separate arguments it receives. It just joins them with spaces and passes them to "$SHELL -c". This doesn't work as intended: ssh host touch 'hi there' # fails It creates 2 files, hi and there. Instead, do this: cmd=`shell-quote touch 'hi there'` ssh host "$cmd" This gives you just 1 file, hi there. process find output It's not ordinarily possible to process an arbitrary list of files output by find with a shell script. Anything you put in $IFS to split up the output could legitimately be in a file's name. Here's how you can do it using shell-quote: eval set -- `find -type f -print0 | xargs -0 shell-quote --` debug shell scripts shell-quote is better than echo for debugging shell scripts. debug() { [ -z "$debug" ] || shell-quote "debug:" "$@" } With echo you can't tell the difference between "debug 'foo bar'" and "debug foo bar", but with shell-quote you can. save a command for later shell-quote can be used to build up a shell command to run later. Say you want the user to be able to give you switches for a command you're going to run. If you don't want the switches to be re-evaluated by the shell (which is usually a good idea, else there are things the user can't pass through), you can do something like this: user_switches= while [ $# != 0 ] do case x$1 in x--pass-through) [ $# -gt 1 ] || die "need an argument for $1" user_switches="$user_switches "`shell-quote -- "$2"` shift;; # process other switches esac shift done # later eval "shell-quote some-command $user_switches my args" OPTIONS
--debug Turn debugging on. --help Show the usage message and die. --version Show the version number and exit. AVAILABILITY
The code is licensed under the GNU GPL. Check http://www.argon.org/~roderick/ or CPAN for updated versions. AUTHOR
Roderick Schertler <roderick@argon.org> perl v5.16.3 2010-06-11 SHELL-QUOTE(1)