Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Concatenate two strings
Top Forums Programming Concatenate two strings Post 302854997 by yifangt on Wednesday 18th of September 2013 06:39:02 PM
Old 09-18-2013
Definitely I did not catch the basic work of pointer in C. I am falling into the same pitfall of C most people did, but I want get out as soon as possible. Needs more reading.
Thanks a lot!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to concatenate two strings or several strings into one string in B-shell?

like connect "summer" and "winter" to "summerwinter"? Can anybody help me? thanks a lot. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fontana
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Concatenate Strings

Hi Friends, I have a requirement I need to concatenate the below two strings. String 1 = /@jobid_at_ String 2 = value stored in ORACLE_SID String 3 = string1 concatenated with String 2. Please let me know how should i do it in UNIX. Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: diva_thilak
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete repeated strings (tags) in a line and concatenate corresponding words

Hello friends! Each line of my input file has this format: word<TAB>tag1<blankspace>lemma<TAB>tag2<blankspace>lemma ... <TAB>tag3<blankspace>lemma Of this file I need to eliminate all the repeated tags (of the same word) in a line, as in the example here below, but conserving both (all) the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjomba
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

concatenate strings

if i use echo "ravi" echo "sankar" it showing output ravi sankar but i want output as ravi sankar remember sankar should be in another echo statement only (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shankr3
2 Replies

5. Web Development

Concatenate Strings

hi..:) this is my sample part of my program.. $csv_output .= $row.",". $row.",". $row.",". $row.",". $row.",". ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeneca
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenate text between patterns in individual strings

In any given file, wherever a certain data block exists I need to concatenate the values(text after each "=" sign) from that block. in that block. The block starts and ends with specific pattern, say BEGIN DS and END DS respectively. The block size may vary. A file will have multiple such blocks.... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prev
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenate strings

Hi,I'm trying to concatenate @example.com to each line of a file f1.txt. and push it into f2.txt. Here is the code i'm using. for i in `cat /home/linux1/xxxxxxx/f1.txt`; do echo ${i}@example.com > /home/linux1/xxxxxx/f2.txt; done But above code only printing @example.com in f2.txt. what... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_bd
18 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Concatenate strings in a a for loop

hi guys, I have this question. I am creating an script to that read a text file(.ini) with the list of the patterns to find for example: EPMS_VO EMPS_PARTS Then it check if file have been delivered in a folder and process it with each pattern, but I am having problems concatenting the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Danman
7 Replies
GETLOFIG(3)						   MBK LOGICAL UTILITY FUNCTIONS					       GETLOFIG(3)

NAME
getlofig - give back a pointer to a lofig ORIGIN
This software belongs to the ALLIANCE CAD SYSTEM developed by the ASIM team at LIP6 laboratory of Universite Pierre et Marie CURIE, in Paris, France. Web : http://asim.lip6.fr/recherche/alliance/ E-mail : alliance-users@asim.lip6.fr SYNOPSYS
#include "mlo.h" lofig_list *getlofig(figname, mode) char *figname; char mode; PARAMETERS
figname Name of the figure to be created mode Demanded mode for the figure DESCRIPTION
getlofig returns a pointer to the figure called figname with the warranty that the expected information is present in memory. If mode is 'A' then the figure has all its lists filled, else the figure may either be complete or interface only. This function allows to completly mask disk access for applications programs. If the figure is in memory, with the specified mode, then the function returns the appropriate pointer. Else, the function performs a call to the loadlofig(3) and returns a pointer to the loaded fig- ure. RETURN VALUE
getlofig returns a pointer to the wanted figure. ERRORS
getlofig cannot give any errors, but the subsequent calls it performs to parsers do. So the source of trouble may be the call to getlofig. See loadlofig(3) for details. EXAMPLE
#include "mlo.h" lofig_list *na2_y() { /* find in memory or load from disk na2_y */ return getlofig("na2_y", 'A'); } SEE ALSO
mbk(1), lofig(3), addlofig(3), dellofig(3), loadlofig(3), savelofig(3), flattenlofig(3), rflattenlofig(3). BUG REPORT
This tool is under development at the ASIM department of the LIP6 laboratory. We need your feedback to improve documentation and tools. ASIM
/LIP6 October 1, 1997 GETLOFIG(3)