Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Getting mad at different CMD / Batch behaviour Post 302854903 by Corona688 on Wednesday 18th of September 2013 02:56:29 PM
Old 09-18-2013
Variables behave differently in a batch file, you may need %% rather than %

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

HP-UX boxes - am I mad?

Greetings, and thanks for having such an interesting forum! I currently have 3 Intel boxes running 2000, and two HP boxes running HP-UX 10.20. I am very inexperienced with the Unix/Linux world. I have several problems, mainly in getting them all networked together. I am constrained to keep a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Menace
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple test driving me mad!

Hi all, I have been writing a script to automate some work for myself and have come accross a problem. I cannot understand why it doesn't work, but then I am new to both Unix and Korn shell hacking! Here is the problem: I want to interogate a file for a number and store that number in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alarmcall
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man <cmd> >> cmd.txt

I've noticed most of my postings here are because of syntax errors. So I want to begin compiling a large txt file that contains all the "man <cmd>" of the commands I most have problems with. I ran a "man nawk >> nawk.txt" but it included a header/footer on each "page". Anyone know how I'd be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using gzip and my speakers have gone mad!

Hello, I wanted to compress a directory which I did with: tar -czvf backup15062007.tar.gz backup15062007/ I knew that you could specify the compression level with gzip so I then did: gzip -cvf9 backup15062007.tar.gz backup15062007compress.tar.gz Now I know this probably won't... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: patwa
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing a 'Mad Libs' program using Ruby?

How would I go about writing a 'Mad Libs' type program using Ruby? Any examples would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: greeky
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix cmd prompt how to get old cmd run?

Hi, I am using SunOS I want to serch my previous command from unix prompt (like on AIX we can search by ESC -k) how to get in SunOs urgent help require. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
10 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Command works on CMD line but not in batch?

Hi All, This command works when I type it on but when I run the batch file it doesn't..any ideas why? attrib.exe * | find /c /v "" >filecount.txt (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Grueben
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Going mad on an egrep command (Reg Expressions)

Dear community, I am trying for several hours now to create an egrep command to grep the number of lines containing a specific text from a text-file but seem to have an error somewhere. The Textfile contains several thousand lines and has the expression "Lastname" in several lines.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Donzo
3 Replies
LedgerSMB::Batch(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     LedgerSMB::Batch(3pm)

NAME
LedgerSMB::Batch - Batch/voucher management model for LedgerSMB 1.3 SYNOPSIS
Batch/voucher management model for LedgerSMB 1.3 METHODS
get_new_info This gets the information required for the new batch screen. Currently this just populates the batch_number hashref value. create Saves the batch info and populates the id hashref value with the id inserted. delete_voucher($id) Deletes the voucher specified by $id. get_search_criteria Sets all hash values needed for the search interface: batch_classes List of all batch classes batch_users List of all users get_search_method (private) Determines the appropriate search method, either for empty, mini, or full searches Returns the appropriate stored proc name. get_search_results Returns the appropriate search as detected by get_search_method. get_class_id($type) Returns the class_id of batch class specified by its label. post Posts a batch to the books and makes the vouchers show up in transaction reports, financial statements, and more. delete Deletes the unapproved batch and all vouchers under it. list_vouchers Returns a list of all vouchers in the batch and attaches that list to $self->{vouchers} get Gets the batch and merges information with the current batch object. Copyright (C) 2009, The LedgerSMB core team. This file is licensed under the Gnu General Public License version 2, or at your option any later version. A copy of the license should have been included with your software. perl v5.14.2 2012-03-26 LedgerSMB::Batch(3pm)