Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Control - M Scheduler is not able to pick my shell script Post 302854847 by Corona688 on Wednesday 18th of September 2013 12:41:32 PM
Old 09-18-2013
Make sure your PATH variable is set properly. Automatic execution environments like cron and control-m often have very minimal PATHs set, meaning that commands you could find in your shell sometimes aren't found otherwise.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

About Control-M Scheduler

Hi all, Is anybody have any idea on Control-M schedular(bmcsoftware product) on Solaris/UNIX environment.If yes,can you please help me how to set it up and schedule a job. Please!!! it's Urgent!!! Regards, Uday (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: uday123
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

control over shell script

Hi.. I have a perl program that uses "system" to execute a shell script called startengine. The script "startengine" itself calls a lot of other smaller scripts to setup the engine etc. It finally has to execute ./engine which is another shell script which is long and takes a long time to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JLJ
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Control Cronjobs using Shell Script??

Hi All, Now i am running the 3 oracle procedures one by one manually. Query: If 1st Procedure OUT_PUT is Success, then call 2nd Procedure. If 2nd Procedure OUT_PUT is Success, then call 3rd Procedure. If 1st Procedure is failed, then no need of calling the other ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hanu_oracle
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to disable and enable <control>-c or -z in a shell script

Dear all, good day. i'm asking about how to disable <control>-c or <control>-z in the beginning of a shell script then enable it again before the script exit Best Regards ---------- Post updated at 04:41 AM ---------- Previous update was at 04:18 AM ---------- Dear All i found the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: islam.said
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Control browser from shell script

I have a browser running in a separate virtual terminal and would like to be able to send shortcut codes (e.g. ctrl+A) to the browser (and have it react) from a bash script in a separate virtual terminal. I need to keep the script in the separate virtual terminal. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slak0
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Version Control Through the Shell Script

Version Control Through the Shell Script Hi Guys, Apologize for the big request, please take some time and read it completely... This is Very important for me, and ur help is Very much Appriciated. I want to maintain the Version control to all my scripts running in Production server, I am... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anji
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to pick the oldest file

hi i need shell scrip to pick the oldest file... i.e i need a script to pick the oldest file I had input files in my input folder that are created on saturday,monday,tuesday .. i want a script such that first the script should pick saturday file ,then monday and then file created on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
5 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Control - M Scheduler is not able to pick my shell script

Hi, Below is a shell script that i made:- #!/bin/ksh #path=/opt/tibco/shared/adaptadores/SSCC/EVEREST/input/ if ; then echo "ZIP Exists and now Processing" for files in /opt/tibco/shared/adaptadores/SSCC/EVEREST/input/T010B04.* do unzip $files echo "Files Unzipped" echo $files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mmtrexon
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing control back to the shell script

Hi All, I have a shell script(test_abc.sh) with the following shell commands, which are invoking the same shell script with different parameters. test_abc.sh . ./test.sh abc >> test.log . ./test.sh xyz >> test.log . ./test.sh pys >> test.log . ./test.sh abc >> test.log . . ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev.devil.1983
4 Replies
rsh(1M) 						  System Administration Commands						   rsh(1M)

NAME
rsh, restricted_shell - restricted shell command interpreter SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/rsh [-acefhiknprstuvx] [argument...] DESCRIPTION
rsh is a limiting version of the standard command interpreter sh, used to restrict logins to execution environments whose capabilities are more controlled than those of sh (see sh(1) for complete description and usage). When the shell is invoked, it scans the environment for the value of the environmental variable, SHELL. If it is found and rsh is the file name part of its value, the shell becomes a restricted shell. The actions of rsh are identical to those of sh, except that the following are disallowed: o changing directory (see cd(1)), o setting the value of $PATH, o pecifying path or command names containing /, o redirecting output (> and >>). The restrictions above are enforced after .profile is interpreted. A restricted shell can be invoked in one of the following ways: 1. rsh is the file name part of the last entry in the /etc/passwd file (see passwd(4)); 2. the environment variable SHELL exists and rsh is the file name part of its value; the environment variable SHELL needs to be set in the .login file; 3. the shell is invoked and rsh is the file name part of argument 0; 4. the shell is invoke with the -r option. When a command to be executed is found to be a shell procedure, rsh invokes sh to execute it. Thus, it is possible to provide to the end- user shell procedures that have access to the full power of the standard shell, while imposing a limited menu of commands; this scheme assumes that the end-user does not have write and execute permissions in the same directory. The net effect of these rules is that the writer of the .profile (see profile(4)) has complete control over user actions by performing guaranteed setup actions and leaving the user in an appropriate directory (probably not the login directory). The system administrator often sets up a directory of commands (that is, /usr/rbin) that can be safely invoked by a restricted shell. Some systems also provide a restricted editor, red. EXIT STATUS
Errors detected by the shell, such as syntax errors, cause the shell to return a non-zero exit status. If the shell is being used non- interactively execution of the shell file is abandoned. Otherwise, the shell returns the exit status of the last command executed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
intro(1), cd(1), login(1), rsh(1), sh(1), exec(2), passwd(4), profile(4), attributes(5) NOTES
The restricted shell, /usr/lib/rsh, should not be confused with the remote shell, /usr/bin/rsh, which is documented in rsh(1). SunOS 5.10 1 Nov 1993 rsh(1M)