Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Check Date Format And Email Out Post 302854599 by Ariean on Tuesday 17th of September 2013 04:50:58 PM
Old 09-17-2013
I got struck assigning the u,e to shell variables, how do i do that. Thank you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check for the correct date format in UNIx

Hi All, I am getting two input from User for Date from the command prompt when my script is executed . The date format i am taking is : DD-MM-YYYY so is there any method in Unix to validate the two input date. There might be many cases for these two date to be invalid.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rawatds
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check the format of Date

Hi, I have a date field in my input file. I just want to check if its in the format "DD-MM-YYYY". Is there any command which can achieve this? Thanks and Regards, Abhishek (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AAA
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Any simple method to check date format (YYDDD)?

Hi Guru's, Are there any simple method to check the date format which is in "YYDDD" (ex: 08002 for 02-Jan-2008)? Eventhough this can be implemented in several way's, I need the simpler one. Any idea would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance, Mysore Ganapati (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check input date format?

how to check input date format. for example $input_date must be in format dd.mm.gg script is execute like this: bin/script1.sh 14.12.2009 script1.sh code: #!/bin/sh input_date=$1 CMD="/app/si/test/test.sh $input_date" echo "*****" $CMD (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: waso
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to check date format yyyymm

My source file having one date column. The formate of the date column is yyyymm. I need to validate whether all the rows are in same format in the given file. If it is not I have captured that records in a separate file. I am very new to Unix. I don't how to achieve this. Plz help me to achieve... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh01_apk
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date format check and replace string in PERL

I have got few date format patterns like "yyyymmdd", "yy_mm_dd" etc. There can be any combination of such patterns. I have used add_delta_days to find "yyyy", "yy", "mm", "dd" for the current date and saved them to different variables like "$y1", "$y2", "$m1" etc In one line, i want to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL : hhmiss - Date format check and replace

I have a filename, This can be any of any format, I want to check if the filename has hours,mins and seconds part. If it is present, i want to replace it with a " * " (star symbol) output needed: IMP: The time part can be in any pattern. How can this be done?:confused:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding date numeral from file and check the validity of date format

hi there I have file names in different format as below triss_20111117_fxcb.csv triss_fxcb_20111117.csv xpnl_hypo_reu_miplvdone_11172011.csv xpnl_hypo_reu_miplvdone_11-17-2011.csv xpnl_hypo_reu_miplvdone_20111117.csv xpnl_hypo_reu_miplvdone_20111117xfb.csv... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check if date format is correct?

Hi! how do i know if the input is the same as the required date format? the date should be dd/mm/YYYY ex. 2/3/2012 or 15/11/2012 all the following conditions must return an error: *input of string *day is > 31 or < 1 *month is > 12 or < 1 *year is < 2013 suppose the date format is stored... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: angilulu
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to check date format DDMMYYYY

Record: Record1|Record2|Record3|Record4|Record5|DATE1|DATE2 Need to Check DATE1 & DATE2 is in DDMMYYYY format in a file. records which not meet the date format DDMMYYYY extract to other file. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vivekn
1 Replies
msgchk(1mh)															       msgchk(1mh)

Name
       msgchk - check for messages

Syntax
       msgchk [ -help ] [ -nodate ] [ -notify all|mail|nomail ] [ users ...  ]

Description
       The  program checks all known mail drops for mail that is waiting for you.  It displays whether you have mail waiting to be read or not and
       shows the date that you last read your mail.

You can check other user's maildrops by specifying their user names as the users argument on the command line.

Options
       -help	 Prints a list of the valid options for this command.

-date
       -nodate	 Prints the date when you last read your mail.	This is the default behavior of The -nodate option can be used of you do not  want
		 to print this date.

-notify
       -nonotify Indicates  under  what circumstances should produce a message.  There are three legal values: all, mail, and nomail.  The default
		 is -notify all, which reports the status of the maildrop regardless of whether it has mail in it or not.  The -notify mail option
		 reports  the  status of the maildrop only if there is mail waiting.  The -notify nomail option reports the status of the maildrop
		 only if there is no mail in it.

-source file
		 Specifies the source which are checked for mail.  The only value allowed is file, which is the user's maildrop.  Additional  val-
		 ues are supported only for use with other mail systems.

Restrictions
       does  not  understand the $MAILDROP environmental variable.  If mail is fetched from a location other than will not be able to determine if
       new mail has arrived.  However, can still be used to fetch mail when it arrives.

For this version, the -source option only supports the value file.  Additional values are supported for use only with other mail systems.

Examples
       This example shows a user Smith checking his own maildrop:
       % msgchk
       Smith:
	  New file source mail waiting ; last read on Tue, 07 Jun 88 17
       :21:49 WET

The next example shows a user checking the maildrops of two other local users on the same system, Rabb and Jones:
       % msgchk Rabb Jones
       Rabb:
	  No file-source mail waiting ; last read on Tue, 07 Jun 13:22:
       25 WET
       Jones:
	  New file source mail waiting ; last read on Tue, 07 Jun 17:30
       :05 WET

Files
       The user profile.

The system customization file.

The user's maildrop.

See Also