Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Add FC Tape to Solaris 10
Operating Systems Solaris Add FC Tape to Solaris 10 Post 302854593 by DukeNuke2 on Tuesday 17th of September 2013 04:46:22 PM
Old 09-17-2013
That depends on the library... You should use the documentation to find the right way to do it!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

make recovery tape for solaris

Hello All I am need of amke recover tape for solaris.Could anybody tell me how do i create a make recovery tape for solaris.I am on sun-solaris 2.8 regards Hrishy (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiamin
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem With Tape Backup in Solaris

Hi, OS: Solaris9, SPARC. Commands (and their outputs) that I use to backup two files of size 4GB and 10GB (respectively) are shown below: # cd /backup/daily/ # mt -f /dev/rmt/0m rew # tar -cvf /dev/rmt/0m * a Mails.bkf 4680454 tape blocks a backup.bkf too large to archive # The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahatma
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 7 newbie tape backup question

Hello all, I have an ss20 running Solaris 7, with an attached 4mm tape drive. The machine has one 1.2GB SCSI HDD. I would like to backup other machines to tape, but I can't do a stopover on the ss20s hard disk, as there is virtually no space available. Is there a way I can make the tape... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jolok
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Help help] backup script for tape on solaris

hi all, very urgent need backup script on tape using solaris 8, my tape drive is DAT 72 on sun v240. i need a simple script to backup files from directory /data/log/back/200703/filename.log. the files will backup continue each day on the tape which have 72 GB. the files size only 50MB and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bucci
0 Replies

5. Solaris

configure tape drive to sun solaris 10

Hi everyone. Im new to Sun Solaris or the Unix environment. My only background is the DOS command in windows and a little bit of c++ programming. I always worked with troubleshooting hardware and software issues with windows. Now that I need to configure tape drives using sun solaris, I had... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: graboid888
11 Replies

6. Solaris

viewing the the contents of Tape on Solaris 10

Hi all, i would like to view the contents of Tape on Solaris 10 i issued the following command tar -tvf /dev/rmt/0m i'm getting the following error bash-3.00# tar -tvf /dev/rmt/1m tar: tape read error by the way the reference to the command is on sun's wiki any alternatives Thanks in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send file to the tape in Solaris?

Hi all, I want to send some files to the tape but unfortunatelly I don't know how to do it... My tape drive name /dev/rmt/1un, file is here - /tmp/test Could you please show me how to do it? Thanks in advance, Regards, nypreH ---------- Post updated at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nypreH
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 new fiber connected tape

Hello all, how can i see configured fc tapes in solaris system and how can i install a new fc shared tape device , thanks Best Regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bogacd
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 2.6 restore from tape

Hope someone can help me here... I've got to restore an E450 with 300MHz cpus which was running Solaris 2.6 from tape. Regrettably the boot drive has failed. I've access to the first release of Solaris 2.6 CD's and to a set of Solaris 9 CD's. I remember that different E450 CPUs needed different... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pamplemousse
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Add new EML 103e Tape Library in SUN Solaris Host to implement HP DP

Hi, Our environment is SUN Solaris. We have purchased HP EML 103e tape library. Can you please let me know do I need to install any Driver of newly added Tape Library to see from the Solaris Host? or how can i see the tape library from my Solaris hosts. Thanks, Hassan (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: M_Hassan
0 Replies
suninstall(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)