Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Registration proposal
Contact Us Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems Registration proposal Post 302854491 by spider_fingers on Tuesday 17th of September 2013 02:27:19 PM
Old 09-17-2013
that was tzdata 2011h, 2 years back)

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Master's degree proposal, Router software

Hello everyone, After 8 years of being out of school I am trying to start my Masters degree. This specific type of degree is being done only by research (research mode vs. coursework mode). I need to prepare a research proposal and send it to the school. I will need a professor to accept me as a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wmac
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

research proposal for PG

hi friends i have just completed my graduation and applied for Post graduation i have to submit a research proposal of OS in the interview i m a beginner & only read galvin & silbershcatz book on operating systems can anyone help me in that ... thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: iet.manish
3 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Proposal to Eliminate Thread Icons Column

Without objection, open to comments, I would like to eliminate this column in various views that show topics and threads (forum view, search results, etc). https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums220-picture887.png https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums220-picture888.png Comments? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
10 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

New Member Profile Pages (Proposal)

Hey, I am thinking to get rid of the old and clunky member profile pages and replace with a prototype from Brad at Traversy Media. Here is the prototype: Welcome To My Portfolio Basically, I will take the links in the user profile page and put them into the new format when I have time.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies
TIME(2) 						     Linux Programmer's Manual							   TIME(2)

NAME
time - get time in seconds SYNOPSIS
#include <time.h> time_t time(time_t *t); DESCRIPTION
time returns the time since the Epoch (00:00:00 UTC, January 1, 1970), measured in seconds. If t is non-NULL, the return value is also stored in the memory pointed to by t. RETURN VALUE
On success, the value of time in seconds since the Epoch is returned. On error, ((time_t)-1) is returned, and errno is set appropriately. ERRORS
EFAULT t points outside your accessible address space. NOTES
POSIX.1 defines seconds since the Epoch as a value to be interpreted as the number of seconds between a specified time and the Epoch, according to a formula for conversion from UTC equivalent to conversion on the naive basis that leap seconds are ignored and all years divisible by 4 are leap years. This value is not the same as the actual number of seconds between the time and the Epoch, because of leap seconds and because clocks are not required to be synchronised to a standard reference. The intention is that the interpretation of sec- onds since the Epoch values be consistent; see POSIX.1 Annex B 2.2.2 for further rationale. CONFORMING TO
SVr4, SVID, POSIX, X/OPEN, BSD 4.3 Under BSD 4.3, this call is obsoleted by gettimeofday(2). POSIX does not specify any error conditions. SEE ALSO
ctime(3), date(1), ftime(3), gettimeofday(2) Linux 2.0.30 1997-09-09 TIME(2)