Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Check Date Format And Email Out Post 302854429 by Ariean on Tuesday 17th of September 2013 01:04:46 PM
Old 09-17-2013
When i do this
Code:
awk '{for(i=1;i++<=NF;)if($i~/^EXTRACT_DATE/) print $i}' AgriBank_v2.xml

I got below as it has multiple EXTRACT_DATE entries in the file which is valid.

Output:
Code:
EXTRACT_DATE="2012-09-30"

Now i want to get only the
1) Date Portion
2) Unique Date
3) Remove double quotes.

So i came up with the below is there a better way to achieve this.

Code:
awk '{for(i=1;i++<=NF;)if($i~/^EXTRACT_DATE/) print $i}' AgriBank_v2.xml | awk -F"\"" '{print $2}' | sort -u

Output:
Code:
2012-09-30

Also i am still working on the validating the date portion as all scripts i found online seems to pretty complex. appreciate your inputs.

Thank you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check for the correct date format in UNIx

Hi All, I am getting two input from User for Date from the command prompt when my script is executed . The date format i am taking is : DD-MM-YYYY so is there any method in Unix to validate the two input date. There might be many cases for these two date to be invalid.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rawatds
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check the format of Date

Hi, I have a date field in my input file. I just want to check if its in the format "DD-MM-YYYY". Is there any command which can achieve this? Thanks and Regards, Abhishek (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AAA
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Any simple method to check date format (YYDDD)?

Hi Guru's, Are there any simple method to check the date format which is in "YYDDD" (ex: 08002 for 02-Jan-2008)? Eventhough this can be implemented in several way's, I need the simpler one. Any idea would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance, Mysore Ganapati (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check input date format?

how to check input date format. for example $input_date must be in format dd.mm.gg script is execute like this: bin/script1.sh 14.12.2009 script1.sh code: #!/bin/sh input_date=$1 CMD="/app/si/test/test.sh $input_date" echo "*****" $CMD (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: waso
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to check date format yyyymm

My source file having one date column. The formate of the date column is yyyymm. I need to validate whether all the rows are in same format in the given file. If it is not I have captured that records in a separate file. I am very new to Unix. I don't how to achieve this. Plz help me to achieve... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh01_apk
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date format check and replace string in PERL

I have got few date format patterns like "yyyymmdd", "yy_mm_dd" etc. There can be any combination of such patterns. I have used add_delta_days to find "yyyy", "yy", "mm", "dd" for the current date and saved them to different variables like "$y1", "$y2", "$m1" etc In one line, i want to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL : hhmiss - Date format check and replace

I have a filename, This can be any of any format, I want to check if the filename has hours,mins and seconds part. If it is present, i want to replace it with a " * " (star symbol) output needed: IMP: The time part can be in any pattern. How can this be done?:confused:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding date numeral from file and check the validity of date format

hi there I have file names in different format as below triss_20111117_fxcb.csv triss_fxcb_20111117.csv xpnl_hypo_reu_miplvdone_11172011.csv xpnl_hypo_reu_miplvdone_11-17-2011.csv xpnl_hypo_reu_miplvdone_20111117.csv xpnl_hypo_reu_miplvdone_20111117xfb.csv... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check if date format is correct?

Hi! how do i know if the input is the same as the required date format? the date should be dd/mm/YYYY ex. 2/3/2012 or 15/11/2012 all the following conditions must return an error: *input of string *day is > 31 or < 1 *month is > 12 or < 1 *year is < 2013 suppose the date format is stored... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: angilulu
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to check date format DDMMYYYY

Record: Record1|Record2|Record3|Record4|Record5|DATE1|DATE2 Need to Check DATE1 & DATE2 is in DDMMYYYY format in a file. records which not meet the date format DDMMYYYY extract to other file. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vivekn
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)