Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Creating your own Header file in awk Post 302854417 by Akshay Hegde on Tuesday 17th of September 2013 12:41:20 PM
Old 09-17-2013
Creating your own Header file in awk

whether it is possible in awk to create your own header file like in C
if so someone give me awk equivalent for below one

Code:
$ cat foo.h
int add(int a,int b)
{
return(a+b);
}

Code:
$ cat main.c
#include<stdio.h>
#include"foo.h"
void main()
{
int number1=10,number2=10,number3;
number3 = add(number1,number2);
printf("Addition of Two numbers : %d\n\n",number3);
}

Thanks in advance..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a header.

Hi all, Suppose i wish to have a file which should be something like this: ROOH20020406080015000003 RLO00220404144142ENG01 RLO00220404123602ENG01 RLO00220404123602ENG02 As u can seeit contains 3 files. Basically I want the header in the file to be something like this. here ROOH will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rooh
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulating a header file using awk or sed

Hi Guys, Is there a simple way of doing the below. Available<spaces>Assigned<spaces>Maximum<spaces>Maximum<spaces>Page<spaces>Total <spaces>Used<spaces>Pct<spaces>Max. Pct<CR> Space<spaces>Capacity<spaces>Extension<spaces>Reduction<spaces>Size<spaces>... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: eo29
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating Header & Trailer for bulk volume data file

Hi all, I have a requirement to create a Header &Trailer for a file which is having 20 millions of records. If I use the following method, i think it will take more time. cat "Header"> file1.txt cat Data_File>>file1.txt cat "Trailer">>file1.txt since second CAT command has to read all... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raamc
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using AWK BEGIN to extract file header info into variables

Hi Folks, I've searched for this for quite a while, but can't find any solution - hope someone can help. I have various files with standard headers. eg. <HEADER> IP: 1.2.3.4 Username: Joe Time: 12:00:00 Date: 23/05/2010 </HEADER> This is a test and this part can be any size... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: damoske
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print header as text from separate file with getline

I would like to print the output beginning with a header from a seperate file like this: awk 'BEGIN{FS="_";print ((getline < "header.txt")>0)} { if (! ($0 ~ /EL/ ) print }" input.txtWhat am i doing wrong? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdf
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding header to sub files after splitting the main file using AWK

Hi Folks, I have a file like: mainfile.txt: ------------- file1 abc def xyz file1 aaa pqr xyz file2 lmn ghi xyz file2 bbb tuv xyz I need output having two files file1 and file2. file1: ------ Name State Country abc def xyz aaa pqr xyz file2: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanmay.gemini
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

append column and row header to a file in awk script.

Hi! Is there a way to append column and row header to a file in awk script. For example if I have Jane F 39 manager Carlos M 40 system administrator Sam F 20 programmer and I want it to be # name gend age occup 1 Jane F 39 manager 2 Carlos M ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: FUTURE_EINSTEIN
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Average, min and max in file with header, using awk

Hi, I have a file which looks like this: FID IID MISS_PHENO N_MISS N_GENO F_MISS 12AB43131 12AB43131 N 17774 906341 0.01961 65HJ87451 65HJ87451 N 10149 906341 0.0112 43JJ21345 43JJ21345 N 2826 906341 0.003118I would... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayakj
11 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a csv file with header in UNIX

I have a flat file that contains dynamic list of variables like a=1 b=2 c=3 . .. z=26 I need to convert the above into a csv file having the format below: a,b,c,..,z 1,2,3,..,26 Please note, I do not want a comma separating the last variable. I tried to refer the post... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkumbhakarna
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find header in a text file and prepend it to all lines until another header is found

I've been struggling with this one for quite a while and cannot seem to find a solution for this find/replace scenario. Perhaps I'm getting rusty. I have a file that contains a number of metrics (exactly 3 fields per line) from a few appliances that are collected in parallel. To identify the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: verdepollo
3 Replies
MIGRATEPAGES(8) 					   Linux Administrator's Manual 					   MIGRATEPAGES(8)

NAME
migratepages - Migrate the physical location a processes pages SYNOPSIS
migratepages pid from-nodes to-nodes DESCRIPTION
migratepages moves the physical location of a processes pages without any changes of the virtual address space of the process. Moving the pages allows one to change the distances of a process to its memory. Performance may be optimized by moving a processes pages to the node where it is executing. If multiple nodes are specified for from-nodes or to-nodes then an attempt is made to preserve the relative location of each page in each nodeset. For example if we move from nodes 2-5 to 7,9,12-13 then the preferred mode of operation is to move pages from 2->7, 3->9, 4->12 and 5->13. However, this is only posssible if enough memory is available. Valid node specifiers all All nodes number Node number number1{,number2} Node number1 and Node number2 number1-number2 Nodes from number1 to number2 ! nodes Invert selection of the following specification. NOTES
Requires an NUMA policy aware kernel with support for page migration (linux 2.6.16 and later). migratepages will only move pages that are not shared with other processes if called by a user without administrative priviledges (but with the right to modify the process). migratepages will move all pages if invoked from root (or a user with administrative priviledges). FILES
/proc/<pid>/numa_maps for information about the NUMA memory use of a process. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2005-2006 Christoph Lameter, Silicon Graphics, Inc. migratepages is under the GNU General Public License, v.2 SEE ALSO
numactl(8) , set_mempolicy(2) , get_mempolicy(2) , mbind(2) , sched_setaffinity(2) , sched_getaffinity(2) , proc(5) , ftok(3) , shmat(2) , taskset(1) SGI
Jan 2005 MIGRATEPAGES(8)