Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting MSSQL or SQL SERVER or SQLSERVER? Post 302854343 by gsflash80 on Wednesday 18th of September 2013 11:33:46 AM
Old 09-18-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacebar
Do you mean when option 2 is selected you want to copy all files with extension(*.SQL) from folders(MSSQL, SQLSERVER, SQLSERVER) if the folder(s) exist?
Yes ;-)

---------- Post updated 18-09-13 at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous update was 17-09-13 at 02:33 PM ----------

None reply?

---------- Post updated at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:07 PM ----------

i have resolved on this mode:

Code:
DIRLOC=$(pwd)
DIRNAMES="SQLSERVER SQL MSSQL"
for DIRNAME in ${DIRNAMES}; do if [ -d "${DIRLOC}"/"${DIRNAME}" ]; then         echo "${DIRLOC}"/"${DIRNAME}" exist; else echo "${DIRLOC}"/"${DIRNAME}" not exist; fi; done

and result:
Code:
/home/script/SQLSERVER exist
/home/script/SQL not exist
/home/script/MSSQL not exist

it's ok, but when i'll want to find the folder "SQL SERVER" and i tried with

DIRNAMES="SQLSERVER SQL MSSQL ""SQL SERVER"""

and results:
Code:
/home/script/SQLSERVER exist
/home/script/MSSQL not exist
/home/script/SERVER not exist

it's not worked for the folder with space, what is another mode?
Thanks

Last edited by radoulov; 09-18-2013 at 12:38 PM.. Reason: iCode to Code tags.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stored Procedure on NT/SQLServer

Hi: How will I execute a Stored Procedure that sits on NT/SQLServer. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mayohan
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

connect to mssql

Hi - can any one tell me is it possible to connect to mssql and fetch the data from unix shell scripts (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
3 Replies

3. AIX

connect SQLSERVER from unix

I have an application working in unix accessing oracle 9i database on a IBM AIX Unix 5.2 system. I want this unix application to retrieve data from a SQL server 2000 server to oracle database. how can i connect to this SQL server database from a unix application pls help me if you can (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsonsimon
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Connect From VB to SQL Server

Dear All Now I can't connect from VB to Sybase on Unix. How could I do? Please help me. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Than Chanroeun
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

connecting to sqlserver from perl

Hi, I am doing a migration of Oracle database to SQLSERVER 2005.Mostly my application code is perl scripts and i want to modify the scripts so as to connect to SQLSERVER. What all would be the changes i have to make for just establishing a connection from Perl script to SQLSERVER... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
3 Replies

6. AIX

AIX to access MSSQL server

Anyone can provide a solution for how AIX to access Microsoft SQL server ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hellboy01
0 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Ubuntu Bulk Insert to Windows SQLServer

Hi, Anyone can help me, I can connect from ubuntu "freetds driver" to Windows sqlserver Database and doing select, insert, update, etc. But when I try to use the Bulk Insert with these command; 1> BULK INSERT test FROM '/home/test/test.txt' WITH (FIRSTROW = 2, CODEPAGE = 'ACP',... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dba_macau
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

linux ISQL and MSSQL unload results to file

Hello, I am using suse 10.1 and isql from unixodbc to connect to a MS SQL server. I got everything to work fine. What do I need to unload the results from the sql to a file? I attempted to put unload to in my sql statement but got a error. I don't see in the isql help where it has a option to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: benefactr
0 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

SQL Server

hi, am new in sql server how can i grip on sql server 2008...........plz help me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jiqbal0092
1 Replies
MSSQL_GET_LAST_MESSAGE(3)												 MSSQL_GET_LAST_MESSAGE(3)

mssql_get_last_message - Returns the last message from the server

SYNOPSIS
string mssql_get_last_message (void ) DESCRIPTION
Gets the last message from the MS-SQL server PARAMETERS
This function has no parameters. RETURN VALUES
Returns last error message from server, or an empty string if no error messages are returned from MSSQL. EXAMPLES
Example #1 mssql_get_last_message(3) example <?php // Connect to MSSQL and select the database mssql_connect('KALLESPCSQLEXPRESS', 'sa', 'phpfi'); mssql_select_db('php'); // Make a query that will fail $query = @mssql_query('SELECT * FROM [php].[dbo].[not-found]'); if (!$query) { // The query has failed, print a nice error message // using mssql_get_last_message() die('MSSQL error: ' . mssql_get_last_message()); } ?> The above example will output something similar to: MSSQL error: Invalid object name 'php.dbo.not-found'. SEE ALSO
mssql_min_error_severity(3), mssql_min_message_severity(3). PHP Documentation Group MSSQL_GET_LAST_MESSAGE(3)