Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need Software to practice Shell scripting Post 302853955 by Corona688 on Monday 16th of September 2013 11:35:00 AM
Old 09-16-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhath
Thanks for the reply. I dont want to connect to Office netwrk through my own laptop. I would like to know if I can download putty and configure to run it on single desktop.
There would be no point in doing so. PUTTY is just a screen that talks to something else. PUTTY IS NOT UNIX!

Cygwin is a big system. You'd need to install dozens or hundreds of packages to get a good and complete enough shell to play in.

Which is why I suggest busybox since it comes with a decent shell and lots of utilities built-in. You don't need to track down awk, sed, cp, mv individually.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting.

please give the difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroonec
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

korn best practice for shell

I need to create a korn function script that has parameter checking and a help section if the parameter count is wrong, then how do I create a library to store these functions and allow them to be called by others???? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jph
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

practice tests- Unix Korn Shell Scripting

Hi, I am about to take certification for "Unix Korn Shell Scripting", which is conducted by brain bench. ( http://www.brainbench.com/xml/bb/common/testcenter/taketest.xml?testId=46) The test consists of 40 single and multiple choice questions that must be answered in 60 minutes. The pass mark... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eswasas
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to practice unix in online without unix software

hi, im new to unix.i dont have unix software in my system. Is there any website is there to practice unix in online can u please any one help me...... thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowridoc
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell scripting practice

Hi , I am new to shell scripting and want to practice some examples. Can anyone tell me any site that works as a tutorial and I can have lot of ready examples for practice. This would hel-p me in understanding the shell scripting faster. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: himvat
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call Shell scripting from Perl Scripting.

Hi How to call a shell scripting through a Perl scripting? Actually I need some value from Shell scripting and passes in the Perl scripting. So how can i do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
2 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Shell Scripting vs Perl scripting

Gents, I have been working in a Solaris/Unix environment for about 9 months. I took some linux classses online before getting the job. But, I am not very good at scripting. I want to learn how to script. Do you think that I should start with Shell scripting or Perl? I wanted to continue with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

practice scripting

Is there any sites out there that have examples of things they want you to go and script for practice? I have looked around but have came up empty handed. I have been writing scripts for things I need on my nix box but have am wanting more challenging things to keep me learning. I would prefer... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxn00b
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Practice Linux Scripting

hey everyone, does anyone here have any good sites, or book recommendations that give you practice scripts to write? It's hard for me to think of scripts that I should write for practice. I've written a small backup script, but I'd rather have a source that gives me ideas, and practice for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lost in Cyberia
1 Replies
GST-PACKAGE(1)							   User Commands						    GST-PACKAGE(1)

NAME
gst-package - create and install GNU Smalltalk .star package files DESCRIPTION
Usage: gst-package [OPTION]... ARGS... Operation modes: --install make or install STAR packages (default) --uninstall remove the packages mentioned in the FILES --dist copy files instead of creating STAR files. --prepare create configure.ac or Makefile.am --list-files PKG just output the list of files in the package --list-packages just output the list of packages in the files --download, --update download package from smalltalk.gnu.org or from its specified URL --help display this message and exit --version print version information and exit Common suboptions: -n, --dry-run print commands without running them --srcdir DIR look for non-built files in directory DIR --distdir DIR for --dist, place files in directory DIR --destdir DIR prefix the destination directory with DIR --target-directory DIR install the files in DIR (unused for --dist) -I, --image-file=FILE load into the specified image --kernel-dir=PATH use the specified kernel directory -v, --verbose print extra information while processing --install suboptions: --test run unit tests after merging --load also load the Smalltalk files in the image --list-files suboptions: --load only list files that are filed in when loading --test with --load, also include unit test files --vpath Omit path to srcdir for files that are there --dist suboptions: --all-files Process all files, not just non-built ones --copy Do not create symbolic links All operation modes except --download (or its synonym --update) accept paths to package.xml files or .star files, including remote URLs. --download and --update accept names of packages, which will be searched in the current system or on smalltalk.gnu.org) or URLs to pack- age.xml or .star files. Except in uninstall and list files mode, gst-package requires write access to the GNU Smalltalk image directory, and merges the XML package files on the command line with that file. The default target directory is /build/buildd-gnu-smalltalk_3.2.4-2-amd64-LVoFQd/gnu-smalltalk-3.2.4 SEE ALSO
The full documentation for gst-package is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and gst-package programs are properly installed at your site, the command info gst should give you access to the complete manual. gst-package version 3.2.4 December 2011 GST-PACKAGE(1)