Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk small discussion on array Post 302853933 by Corona688 on Monday 16th of September 2013 11:15:13 AM
Old 09-16-2013
You have not posted your requirement, only the manner you are determined to solve said requirement... This is a very common failure mode where people get trapped working on the very first solution which comes to mind to the point they cannot imagine other solutions.

If you could post your actual goal, there may be a much simpler way.
These 3 Users Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK deifnition and some small code explanation

Could someone give me a quick simple explanation for the AWK command. And also help me to explain the code i have made. I have made some general comments about it myself. I was wondering if people could help me with the rest: awk -F'' 'END { fmt = "%-20s\t%s\t%s\n" ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amatuer_lee_3
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help to debug a small shell script (maybe AWK problem)?

Hi Buddies, The following is shell scripts which was borrowed from linux box for load average check. it runs good. (this structure is simple, when load average is too high, it will send alert to user) #!/usr/bin/ksh # Set threshold for 1, 5 and 15 minture load avarage # configured for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: GreatJerry
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A small AWK problem

I have a file tmp.out with contents: 2008-08-09 05:11:01 2008-08-09 08:52:59 2008-08-11 12:08:34 2008-08-11 12:15:40 I want the output to be: 3|0|1|71|2008-08-09 05:11:01|2008-08-30 11:19:28 4|0|1|71|2008-08-09 08:52:59|2008-08-30 11:19:28 5|0|1|71|2008-08-11 12:08:34|2008-08-30 11:19:28... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChicagoBlues
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK help. how to compare a variable with a data array in AWK?

Hi all, i have a data array as follows. array=ertfgj2345 array=456ttygkd . . . array=errdjt3235 so number or elements in the array can varies depending on how big the data input is. now i have a variable, and it is $1 (there are $2, $3 and so on, i am only interested in $1). ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: usustarr
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

small doubt in awk

Hi Guys, I have a small problem with awk. I want to search { and } at a particular position in a string using awk. I tried echo "hello{hi" | awk '{if(substr($0,6,1)=="{"){print "TRUE"}}' but no success :mad: i know it can be done in many ways and i know them also.. but my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidyadhar85
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AWK - changing first char from small to upper

I need to write script in AWK, changing first char from a line from lower to upper. I found function toupper etc. but have no idea how to sent only first char from every line instead of the whole line. Anyone has any idea? // Sorry for my english:D (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbqtoss
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP with AWK one-liner. Need to employ an If condition inside AWK to check for array variable ?

Hello experts, I'm stuck with this script for three days now. Here's what i need. I need to split a large delimited (,) file into 2 files based on the value present in the last field. Samp: Something.csv bca,adc,asdf,123,12C bca,adc,asdf,123,13C def,adc,asdf,123,12A I need this split... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shell_boy23
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a large array into small chunks

Hi, I need to split a large array "@sharedArray" into 10 small arrays. The arrays should be like @sharedArray1,@sharedArray2,@sharedArray3...so on.. Can anyone help me with the logic to do so :(:confused: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkrish
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Assign an shell array to awk array?

Hello All, Can you please help me with the below. #!/bin/bash ARR="No Differences In Stage Between HASH_TOTALS & HASH_TOTALS_COMP For UNINUM:0722075 PROVIDER:5 EXTRACT_DT:30-SEP-12 VER_NUM:1" ARR="No Differences In Stage Between HASH_TOTALS & HASH_TOTALS_COMP For UNINUM:0722075 PROVIDER:5... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
14 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HELP - NEED Small Script ( or single awk Command)

Hi All REQUIREMENT:- ========== There is one folder named /data/ds/dpr_ukdw_sys/working/unixfile In that folders there are files are like below CODS_ACTMZ_TRANS_ALL_20150911.TXT CODS_ACTMZ_REF_CTR_ACT_MIL_20150911.TXT CODS_ACTMZ_REF_NHA_ALL_20150911.TXT ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagarjuna4347
4 Replies
CSREQ(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  CSREQ(1)

NAME
csreq -- Expert tool for manipulating Code Signing Requirement data SYNOPSIS
csreq [-v] -r requirement-input -t csreq [-v] -r requirement-input -b outputfile DESCRIPTION
The csreq command manipulates Code Signing Requirement data. It reads one requirement from a file or command arguments, converts it into internal form, checks it, and then optionally outputs it in a different form. The options are as follows: -b path Requests that the requirement read be written in binary form to the path given. -r requirement-input Specifies the input requirement. See "specifying requirements" below. This is exactly the same format as is accepted by the -r and -R options of the codesign(1) command. -t Requests that the requirement read be written as text to standard output. -v Increases the verbosity of output. Multiple instances of -v produce increasing levels of commentary output. In the first synopsis form, csreq reads a Code Requirement and writes it to standard output as canonical source text. Note that with text input, this actually compiles the requirement into internal form and then converts it back to text, giving you the system's view of the requirement code. In the second synopsis form, csreq reads a Code Requirement and writes its binary representation to a file. This is the same form produced by the SecRequirementCopyData API, and is readily acceptable as input to Code Signing verification APIs. It can also be used as input to subse- quent invocations of csreq by passing the filename to the -r option. SPECIFYING REQUIREMENTS
The requirement argument (-r) can be given in various forms. A plain text argument is taken to be a path to a file containing the require- ment. This program will accept both binary files containing properly compiled requirements code, and source files that are automatically com- piled for use. An argument of "-" requests that the requirement(s) are read from standard input. Again, standard input can contain either binary form or text. Finally, an argument that begins with an equal sign "=" is taken as a literal requirements source text, and is compiled accordingly for use. EXAMPLES
To compile an explicit requirement program and write its binary form to file "output": csreq -r="identifier com.foo.test" -b output.csreq To display the requirement program embedded at offset 1234 of file "foo": tail -b 1234 foo | csreq -r- -t FILES
DIAGNOSTICS
The csreq program exits 0 on success or 1 on failure. Errors in arguments yield exit code 2. SEE ALSO
codesign(1) HISTORY
The csreq command first appeared in Mac OS 10.5.0 . BSD
June 1, 2006 BSD